• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Cole, ForHair, Patient BLL 2584 FUE - Before and after photos + Video Review

forhair

forhair

• Procedure Type:CIT (Cole FUE)
  • Number of Grafts:2,584
  • Norwood Scale: Type 5
  • Additional Treatment:CRP (Cytokine Rich Plasma), ACell
  • Included Shaved Donor Photo
The following patient received 2,584 FUE scalp hair grafts back in 2018, the patient was asked to fill in and lower his receding hairline and add density to the scalp. His recipient area was also treated with CRP in conjunction with 30 mg of Acell and Finasteride. Dr. Cole used a 1.00 mm and a 1.05 serrated punch made by ColeInstruments on this procedure. The hairline is very natural-looking, This is by many the main reason patients choose Forhair and Dr. Cole for their FUE procedure.

patient-bll-before-after-front.jpg

patient-bll-before-after-top-camera.jpg

patient-bll-before-after-top2-camera.jpg

patient-bll-before-after-front_camera.jpg

patient-bll-before-after-back-camera.jpg

patient-bll-before-after-front_camera.jpg

patient-bll-left.jpg
patient-bll-after-left.jpg

patient-bll-top.jpg

patient-bll-right4.jpg

patient-bll-right2.jpg
patient-bll-right.jpg
donor-area-after.jpg

Patient Review

Patient BLL on ForHair's before and after gallery: https://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-patient-photos/
ForHair Hair Transplant Clinic
Phone: 1-800-368-4247
678-566-1011

Last edited:
C

CKD33

Nice transformation. What is the difference between Cytokine Rich Plasma and regular Platelet Rich Plasma?

forhair

forhair

Nice transformation. What is the difference between Cytokine Rich Plasma and regular Platelet Rich Plasma?

Thanks, Dr. Cole has done extensive research into PRP that has led to a new advancement that dramatically improves PRP's potency using sonication to filter unessential mass and to increase the PRP concentration by X5 to X8 times, Dr. Cole Call this method Cytokine Rich Plasma, (CRP). The newly produced serum significantly improves hair growth. We noticed around 80% of patients' follicle transplants initiate growth after three months and 99% initiate within four and a half months. This is significantly faster than PRP and radically faster than recovery without either of the plasma serums.
Read more about CRP here: https://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-surgery/crp-acell-treatments/

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
This looks exceptional for 2500 grafts… Graft extractions from the donor are undetectable… I would have liked to see a comb through in his video to get a better idea of the density created… Could you add some pics of the graft placement? In the video he had the front 3rd and crown treated.

S

smokeybacon

I like to see keeping the hairline soft and not aggressive.

John Cole MD

John Cole MD

Valued member
What is the difference between PRP and CRP? It begins with understanding PRP. I’ll do a more in-depth video on this next week because this is important. I’ll briefly explain in the interim.

PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma. Platelets have two functions. When you are cut, they clump to stop bleeding and they release growth factors to stimulate healing. Growth factors have other functions too such as increasing hair density and hair diameter. Yet, how?

Normal platelet concentrations are usually 200,000 to 250,000 per milliliter. PRP has a higher concentration of platelets. Platelet-poor plasma (PPP) has a lower concentration of platelets. In hair loss, we shoot for 5X concentration or over 1 million platelets. In orthopedics, they are happy with 2X concentration.

In evaluating different means of preparing PRP, some kits produce PPP, and some produce PRP. Cheaper kits produce a lower concentration of platelets and some that say they are producing PRP produce PPP. How do I know? I tested them.

Good quality PRP will increase hair density by 50% and slightly increase hair diameter. Poor kits produce no result or a worse hair condition based upon my studies.

I was looking for a way to increase growth factors so I began to look at sonication. This means using sound energy to lyse platelets. In order to differentiate this from PRP, I called it CRP or cytokine-rich plasma. Good cell lysis results in up to 5X the concentration of high molecular weight proteins. There are also many important cytokines with cell lysis. What does CRP do? It speeds up the growth rate of grafts and it’s more stimulatory to hair follicles.

Dermal papilla proliferation is growth factor concentration-dependent. The higher the concentration, the better the proliferation of the dermal papilla in the lab. In the patient, grafts grow faster. Yields are faster. Cell lysis also increases FGF7, which is a potent initiator of the cell cycle.

I will go into great detail in my video presentation, but this is a brief overview of the difference between CRP and PRP.

Regards,

Dr. Cole

John Cole MD

John Cole MD

Valued member
This looks exceptional for 2500 grafts… Graft extractions from the donor are undetectable… I would have liked to see a comb through in his video to get a better idea of the density created… Could you add some pics of the graft placement? In the video he had the front 3rd and crown treated.
The truth is we don't need to restore the density we were born with. We need to add enough to make you appear full. On average I restore 45 grafts per square centimeter in one pass. This density often works in the front. If you have finer hair, we might need a second pass and you might still appear thin. With coarse hair, we might be ok with fewer grafts. It's the concept of adding telephone poles vs. pencils. Hair loss is similar in that hair begins to miniaturize before it's lost. Density might be the same you were born with, but hair volume is significantly decreased. Density is not the main issue. Volume is the main issue and it's always donor area and surgeon dependent. I always get better coverage with fewer grafts because I understand these principles. Others might fractionate grafts. For example, a three hair follicular unit will cover similar to three single hairs, but you pay three times as much for the same level of coverage. Furthermore, the separated follicles probably do not grow as well as an intact three hair follicular unit.

John Cole MD

John Cole MD

Valued member
I like to see keeping the hairline soft and not aggressive.
A hairline should not be an abrupt transition from zero to 100 miles per hour. A good hairline goes from zero to 20 MPH and then up. You should see a nice transition that is natural and you should see skin about one finger breadth back from the hairline. That is natural. Abrupt is not natural

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
What a striking transformation and his donor looks untouched. Brilliant result!

John Cole MD

John Cole MD

Valued member
The donor area and the surface area of hair loss always control the result, but yes, good results are possible in good hands. I will post a 27-year-old result soon because natural results were rare when I entered this field. That's why I jumped into hair restoration. Results were literally horrible when I entered. I joined to see if a natural result was possible. What is uncommon is a three-generation total follicular unit result. You will not see many because very few were producing natural results when I entered the field. I came in with the intent to create natural results because all the patients with plugs on their heads told me the same thing. They loved having hair, but they wanted it to look natural. No one was doing it when I came in and all those leading the field told me that it was not possible. Well, it was not only possible, but it also resulted in faster and better coverage than ever before. I've literally been creating results like this for 30 years. Results like this for 30 years is how I built my reputation. I love doing it and I love making my patients happy.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
It is very beneficial reading your thorough replies to questions, both interesting and educational they are. Can’t wait to see this 27 yr old result.