• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. David Josephitis - FUE Hair Restoration - 2700 Grafts

• Thread starter Shapiro Medical Group
  • Start date
Shapiro Medical Group

Shapiro Medical Group

Valued member
35 year old male patient with moderate loss.
Dr. David Josephitis performed an FUE surgery of 2700 grafts to strengthen the hairline and add density to the mid-scalp.
The after pictures are 12 months post-op.

Immediately post-op and donor recovery.

9B95DA69-2685-4333-9771-9DECBCE00094.jpeg
A1FC05C0-53F1-47C2-8624-DEC5C6C19886.jpeg

CD578DA5-DCC9-4FC3-A193-D634769D7F8B.jpeg

Before and 12 months after.

9D46A3D9-B6A7-41EB-9A06-3C889AF762BE.jpeg

D109AD64-1CCA-4106-AB95-910E5AA598F9.jpeg

F6826A3C-DDB3-4CA7-83DD-7F89455F8520.jpeg

L

Lakers

Very refined work, the grafts I am not able to see, and the new hairline looks great. What is the purple color dye on his head?

H

headon

Valued member

Dr. David Josephitis... nice work. Hope to be seeing you again for my final 'repair' at Shapiro Med when travel restrictions permit.​

C

Crudance2006

Hey Dr. Joe. Awesome work as usual. I am scheduled in to see Matt, be great to catch up and have you check out my hair again.

M

mania

Yes, definitely the results look very nice as the 2700 grafts done precisely and accurately by an expert surgeon...

Dr. Josephitis

Dr. Josephitis

Valued member
Very refined work, the grafts I am not able to see , and the new hairline looks great. What is the purple color dye on his head?

Lakers,
The purple color that you see on the recipient area is actually from gentian violet. Gentian violet is an antiseptic agent. The main reason we use it is to help highlight the incision sites. We have been using this for many years at Shapiro Medical with great success. It really enhances our ability to visualize the individual sites from one another. It also helps the staff see where the incisions are when they are placing the grafts. I have found that by using this dye, I am better able to more evenly create a high density arrangement of grafts.

Dr. Josephitis

Dr. Josephitis

Valued member
Hey Dr. Joe. Awesome work as usual. I am scheduled in to see Matt, be great to catch up and have you check out my hair again.

Crudance2006,
Thanks for the kind words. We too look forward to your upcoming visit. I will take a look with Matt and see how things are going with the hair!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That really is superb work....great to see another of your world class results on here......big fan of your work Dr Josephitis and this is no exception:)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Bullitnut! It's been a long time, hope you're healthy and well!

Thank you too to Mania and Headon for your comments on this result!!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks Bullitnut! It's been a long time, hope you're healthy and well!
I'm good thanks...hope your good too J :) and of course the gang at SMG, hope everyones ok!

L

Lakers

Lakers,
The purple color that you see on the recipient area is actually from gentian violet. Gentian violet is an antiseptic agent. The main reason we use it is to help highlight the incision sites. We have been using this for many years at Shapiro Medical with great success. It really enhances our ability to visualize the individual sites from one another. It also helps the staff see where the incisions are when they are placing the grafts. I have found that by using this dye, I am better able to more evenly create a high density arrangement of grafts.

Appreciate the clarification Doc.