• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Dorin - 1256 Hairline FUT

• Thread starter True and Dorin Medical Group
  • Start date
True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
Dr. Dorin initially saw this patient 3 years ago. At that time, just under 20 yrs. old, Propecia was recommended as an initial step. 14 months later, after seeing the patient's success and committment to medical therapy, Dr. Dorin felt comfortable moving forward with a frontal session of 1256 follicular units. A total of 2,120 hairs makeup this hairline restoration - 461 singles, 723 doubles, and 69 threes.

Donor strip: 16 x 1.2
Donor density: @ 66 fu/cm2
Medium/coarse texture
Average elasticity

Pic sequence: 1) Before/Post-Op 2) Intermediate Growth 3) Final

J

JJ09

When viewing the immediate post op pics it seems a little too jagged...however, the grown out result is great and with the amount of grafts used ¬b`

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
How awesome. Very nice natural result. This is some great work. Admittedly I am not a huge fan of a person this age having a HT but he was not blasted with 4000fu into frontal 3rd either. It is a conservative approach in terms of numbers as well as hairline height.

NN

Valued member
thanks nervous, jj....jj, as im sure you have seen over the last few years, most doctors, particulary those know for their hairline work, really create a "scalloped" edge, and this important in terms of a natural, imperfect contour to the hairline....i remember around i think 2003 Dr.Dorin posted a case and this type of jagged edge was really somewhat of a novelty and the reaction was similar to yours but it certainly is essential in producing the angulation, irregularity and flow to the hairline that lends itself to a soft natural result