• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. DORIN - 1683 Frontal FUT --> NW 6

• Thread starter True and Dorin Medical Group
  • Start date
True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
This patient in his late 20's showed a developing Norwood 5 pattern with certain progression to a NW 6. This was a challenging case due to his lower than average donor density (@ 55 fu/cm2 ). Given his age and evolving pattern, Dr. Dorin did an initial treatment with focus on the front/top region and concomitantly initiated medical therapy (Propecia). With the addition of 2,779 transplanted hairs and what would be considered a very positive response to Propecia, the initial restoration process was successful and a huge change for the patient. If the patient elects, Dr. Dorin could do a follow-up treatment of approximately the same size in the future.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Not sure what to think of this case. The work is superior. It really is. I just question age and future. I would have liked to see this patient get FUE but then again the donor closure is impeccable. Hmmm.....I am allowed to sit on the fence right??

NN

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Of course you can sit on the fence, however, I cant say I agree with your assessment. I think the work, the conservative plan and results are superb! Judging from the pre-op donor pic, fue wouldn't have been much of an option due to really low density. Plus, his hair is curly-possibly making the extraction process more difficult. No one can predict just how effective Propecia will be. This patient is fortunate to have such effect. For those who know they will not want to shave down to 1 or zero guard, strip surgery is a great option. Well, we don't have to agree on everything.

Nice one T&D!

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
One thing that I really like about this site is that there is a good mix of physicians, technicians, veterans and newbies. Its good to hear the technical reasons why certain procedures are done the way they are. Thanks

NN

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
I didn't mean to speak on T&D's behalf as if I know why they chose the method they did here. Just giving my 2 cents by the pics they posted.

Valued member
guys thanks for the feedback.....i'd have to mirror what Janna has said....this patient is not a great FUE prospect, given the nature of his hair and donor density, the yield would certainly be lower than wanted and given his pattern/donor availability the yield really needs be close to if not 100% plus as you can see we just did a frontal allocation, with a hairline that has some maturity built into it....

Masher

Masher

Great work IMHO having so little to work with , That has to be the best healing strip scar at 4 months that I have ever seen, you have to look hard , I mean really hard! to see it.

Top banana result, he must be well happy especially knowing he has the same again in the bank, the natural curl to his hair must help give it a fuller/thicker look which is a plus:::C

Masher