• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Feriduni Hair Clinic, 1744 FUE, 3rd visit. Thickening of the hairline and FUT Scar repair

A

AMR82

Hello everyone,

I returned last week from Belgium back to the UK after my third implant with Dr Feriduni. My hair loss first began in my mid twenties receding from the front. After lots of online research I decided to have my first procedure 9 years ago at the age of 31. Unfortunately I initially paid a deposit of £500 to the Hospital group in Harley street which I believe is now called Ziering Medical. However after reading on line horror stories I decided to cancel, unfortunately their sales guy I was dealing with (Tarquin Blanford) would not refund my deposit.

At this time (2011) I found that there was really on 3 clinics in Europe which were consistently getting great results. 2 were in Belgium and one was in the UK, after contacting all 3 and online consultations I decided to go with Dr Feriduni. My First procedure was FUT, I made this decision based on my budget at the time, however I wish I had paid the extra and gone with FUE, however in 2011 FUT was much more common place, the scar I received was nice and neat and I have no complaints about the procedure, however where possible its always best to avoid a scar.

the procedure went really well and after about 6 to 8 months my hairline had more or less fully grown out. I was really impressed with Dr Feriduni and the way he manages your expectation and wont carry out a procedure which isn't correct for you, even it means he would make more money to do so. the whole clinic is relaxing and his team is very experienced. the implant I had last week (November 2020) was carried out by the same team I had in 2011!

2 years after the implant I wanted a bit more thickness across the implanted hair, so I contacted the clinic. Dr Feriduni offered to do a touch up procedure free of charge using FUE as I wasn't entirely happy with the first!

Now to the most recent implant, since 2013 my hair has continued to thin and recede behind the implant so I decided to go for a thickening procedure. of course after the last two implants I didn't feel the need to shop around so I contacted Dr Feriduni again. luckily there was a cancellation due to Covid so I was able to get an appointment within a month or so. this time I also decided to repair my scar with FUE. Again the procedure went really well, and was as pleasant as could be, the main problem was sleeping in the first week as I was unable to lie on my front or my back due to both implants. Im only a week in so hard to see any results however the healing is going as planned. I was also given an app which tells me what I need to do each day of the recovery which is extremely helpful.

I will update again in a week or so with my progress. please see pictures attached from 2011 all the way to 2020.

many thanks.

Feriduni Hair Clinic1.jpg
Feriduni Hair Clinic2.jpg

Feriduni Hair Clinic3.jpg
Feriduni Hair Clinic4.jpg

Feriduni Hair Clinic5.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi AMR 82 and welcome to the forum.
Not getting a refund and cancelling your original planned surgery had worked in your favor with you eventually choosing Dr Feriduni.
Your hairline already looked great in your pre op picture, this 3rd procedure will hopefully make it exactly what you want. The FUT scar was decent, the implanted grafts will hopefully make it near invisible. You also got lucky with getting a cancellation booking as I know Dr Feriduni is in high demand.
The app from Dr Feriduni's clinic works really well. If you need any additional support the forum is here for you.
I'm looking forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

A

AMR82

Hi AMR 82 and welcome to the forum.
Not getting a refund and cancelling your original planned surgery had worked in your favor with you eventually choosing Dr Feriduni.
Your hairline already looked great in your pre op picture, this 3rd procedure will hopefully make it exactly what you want. The FUT scar was decent, the implanted grafts will hopefully make it near invisible. You also got lucky with getting a cancellation booking as I know Dr Feriduni is in high demand.
The app from Dr Feriduni's clinic works really well. If you need any additional support the forum is here for you.
I'm looking forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.
thank you for your welcome. yes I was lucky I could travel at short notice and take advantage of the lockdown. I will update shortly now its been just over a month since the surgery. I kept the same hairline from the last surgery but wanted to thicken it up as I had receded further behind implant.
BR

A

AMR82

Below are my pictures post 5 weeks from the latest procedure. all scabs have gone and the scar is less visible. I have had one haircut since about 2 weeks ago, was a number 2 all over to even up the hair.

Feriduni Hair Clinic 5 weeks front.jpg
Feriduni Hair Clinic 5 weeks back.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor area looks great already. Once those grafts grow in your scar, I believe no one will be able to see it.
Your transplanted hairline has healed well also.
Are you using any hair loss prevention regimen?

duffman

duffman

Valued member
everything is looking good. How mnay grafts were implanted in to your FUT scar? This is an option i am considering in the future