• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Harald Eberson - FUE Procedure - 1500 Grafts

T

TamConch

Valued member
Good Evening All,
I had posted a couple of months ago seeking input from people on the forum regarding Dr Harald Eberson as I had arranged an FUE procedure at his clinic. The procedure was carried out on 26th and 27th January and I had promised to come back and post my experiences and updates post-op.
I made the short flight from Edinburgh to Amsterdam the evening before the procedure. Everything went very smoothly which is always a concern that you have. Prior to the procedure I just wanted the flight to arrive on time, allowing me to get to my hotel and find my bearings before going to sleep. The morning of the procedure I had a light non-greasy breakfast as was recommended in the pre-operative instructions before making the short walk to the clinic. The clinic is located in the Museum Quarter of the city. It is a very impressive area and there was much to do, although I was not really there to do much sightseeing and so took a few pictures on my route without going off course.

When I arrived at the clinic, it was Dr Eberson himself who first greeted me which I personally liked. He made me feel welcome from the beginning and that of course helps you to relax. Although it is something you have planned for a long time, it is still a nervous moment when you arrive at the front door but this was very quickly settled. The clinic's technician Shirley also came to introduce herself to me. Dr Eberson and I then spoke for a while, small talk in the beginning before discussing the procedure and hairline design and expectations. Although we had alot of communication via email before I arrived in Amsterdam about my specific hairloss, he was more than happy to answer further questions and explain honestly and openly the potential risks, albeit unlikely, before we proceeded. The procedure itself was done over two days, the first being the temple areas and the second being the frontal line. Although from time to time I was a little uncomfortable physically (I have back pain and would not normally be in the same position for as long as that), the procedure was very straightforward for me. Not so much for Dr Eberson as I am a healthy bleeder so perhaps more work for him but better for my healing! The only time I felt some pain was when he applied the anaesthetic but of course after the first, the second is less painful and so on as each application begins to numb the scalp. I was surprised at how little pain I felt each evening. I expected that once the anaesthesia wore off I would experience some pain but actually not at all. I had some trouble sleeping but mainly because I would not normally sleep on my back with my head elevated slightly. Overall, I am delighted with my choice of clinic and found Dr Eberson and Shirley the technician to be excellent on both days. They were very professional, very thorough yet also friendly and accommodating. ¬b`

Of course now I must be patient and diligent. I have a little numbness at the top of my scalp although this can happen, and I will wait and see if I get any swelling at the weekend as I had mainly frontal work. I am excited to hopefully see things improve from the late spring/early summer onwards!

T

TamConch

Valued member
Post Op 1

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,785
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 2][/size]

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,758
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 3][/size]

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,762
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 4][/size]

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,771
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 5][/size]

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2,679
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 6][/size]

Attachments

• 06.JPG
    06.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,731
T

TamConch

Valued member
[size=Post Op 7][/size]

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,688
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thank you for posting your experience with Dr H. Eberson and his Team the work looks good and should give a nice result wishing you great recovery and growth.

Take care I care

Daz

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thankyou for posting, it sounds like you had a great positive experience with Dr Eberson. I have to say i'm impressed with the sensible hairline shape as it looks like any potential future loss has been taken into consideration in the design by staying fairly conservative. I also think both the extraction and recipient sites look very clean and i would be a happy man in your shoes right now.
Congrats and take it easy.
Please keep us in the loop

T

TamConch

Valued member
Thanks guys. Yes bullitnut I think the hairline is realistic for a 35 year old guy. Dr Eberson believed that good density would be the best way to go as opposed to being focused only on trying to achieve a low, more square hairline. Even as a teenager I had a big forehead so I wanted to still look like myself. I think this will put me to where I want to be personally and like you say it keeps more options for the future if required. Cheers bud.

R

Rocket

Thanks for the update TamConch. Really looking forward to seeing the final result. wishing you all the best. i think you will get an excellent result for sure Whats been the reaction of friends and family etc?

T

TamConch

Valued member
Rocket wrote:
Thanks for the update TamConch. Really looking forward to seeing the final result. wishing you all the best. i think you will get an excellent result for sure Whats been the reaction of friends and family etc?
Thanks Rocket. I am also hopeful of an excellent result. I have to say I am healing very nicely which is probably a little down to genes and a lot down to being disciplined with the regimen and going to a good clinic. Interesting that you touch on the reaction from friends and family, as for something that I set out to do entirely for myself, I became increasingly concerned about what others might think as the procedure started to draw closer. The reaction from family and friends to having the procedure was mixed. Family and friends tend to see you in the best light so their angle for the most part was that they didn't think it was necessary. My wife didn't think it was necessary although she did support my decision and understood why I would want to do it. I think people's concerns were mainly down to a lack of knowledge of what is actually involved in the procedure and the advancements that have been made. People tend to come around to the idea and place it in perspective. Yes it is a surgical procedure, an elective one, but at the end of the day people embellish their appearance on a daily basis. If you had rotten teeth you would react to that. Women do all sorts of things. I think if you're considering the procedure and have done your due diligence you should focus on the end result and not worry too much about how other people will react. Your pre-operative look is permanent, the phase of people reacting is short-lived. As for people outside my family and friends, I couldn't care less what they think. Negative people will always find material and you'll be old news eventually. I hope this gives you another perspective to refer to mate!

T

TamConch

Valued member
Donor Area 72 hours post operative.

Attachments

• 20160130_203943.jpg
    20160130_203943.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,638
T

TamConch

Valued member
Recipient Area 72 hours post operative.

Attachments

• 20160130_203917.jpg
    20160130_203917.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2,659
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on your surgery Tam, the work looks nice and clean. Your donor looks to be healing quick. The amount of grafts and design should produce a very nice result.
Looking forward to following your progress.
Thanks for sharing your story.
All the best.
Bm.

R

Rocket

TamConch wrote:
Rocket wrote:
Thanks Rocket. I am also hopeful of an excellent result. I have to say I am healing very nicely which is probably a little down to genes and a lot down to being disciplined with the regimen and going to a good clinic. Interesting that you touch on the reaction from friends and family, as for something that I set out to do entirely for myself, I became increasingly concerned about what others might think as the procedure started to draw closer. The reaction from family and friends to having the procedure was mixed. Family and friends tend to see you in the best light so their angle for the most part was that they didn't think it was necessary. My wife didn't think it was necessary although she did support my decision and understood why I would want to do it. I think people's concerns were mainly down to a lack of knowledge of what is actually involved in the procedure and the advancements that have been made. People tend to come around to the idea and place it in perspective. Yes it is a surgical procedure, an elective one, but at the end of the day people embellish their appearance on a daily basis. If you had rotten teeth you would react to that. Women do all sorts of things. I think if you're considering the procedure and have done your due diligence you should focus on the end result and not worry too much about how other people will react. Your pre-operative look is permanent, the phase of people reacting is short-lived. As for people outside my family and friends, I couldn't care less what they think. Negative people will always find material and you'll be old news eventually. I hope this gives you another perspective to refer to mate!
Thank you TamConch. Its the fear of social judgement i quess. I shouldnt really careless like you say. You have put a great perspective on it for me. really has helped mate cheers

T

TamConch

Valued member
Rocket wrote:
Thank you TamConch. Its the fear of social judgement i quess. I shouldnt really careless like you say. You have put a great perspective on it for me. really has helped mate cheers
No worries Rocket. I'm not saying it's an easy thing to switch mindset but it can be done, and for me, in retrospect much of the apprehension consists of speculation that is worse than the reality ;)

T

TamConch

Valued member
5 Days Post Op - Left Temple.

Attachments

• IMG_0228[1].JPG
    IMG_0228[1].JPG
    46 KB · Views: 2,571
T

TamConch

Valued member
5 Days Post Op - Right Temple.