• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 1011 FUE / Beard to beard restoration

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
Logo-HTS-2015-300.png

PATIENT'S DETAILS

œ“ 32 years old.

œ“ No medications.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

One of the most frequent questions I get asked from people interested in a beard transplant is : "How my beard donor will look after the procedure? How long will it take to recover?"
I recently had the opportunity to closely follow-up one of my patients after his beard transplant.
I'm glad to share below his photographic documentation as it can be instructive and clarifying in regards to what one can expect both in terms of donor management and actual results.

Since always, the patient was bothered from the lack of beard hair, noticeable especially on his cheeks.
We therefore decided to perform a FUE procedure, using his same beard as donor area (particularly the area under the chin and the neck). The patient received 1011 single FUE grafts.
As can be seen in the photos below, the beard donor healing process was already advanced just 3 days post-op, while 2 weeks after the surgery the signs of the extractions were no longer visible.
Concerning the results, the patient is extremely satisfied since we reached his goals just 5 months after the procedure.

Generally, the beard transplant presents a main peculiarity : the beard follicle is always constituted by a single thick hair (rarely two).
On the contrary, hair follicles can grow naturally in groups of 2, 3, 4 or even more hair.
This is one of the main reasons why I always prefer to use beard hair when performing a beard transplant procedure (when possible) : same hair structure, no need for grafts dissection.

In fact, the follicles resulting from a strip (FUT) or a FUE (from the scalp donor) must be subdivided in order to obtain one-hair grafts, because only single hair should be used in order to ensure natural results
(with the exception of some double grafts that can be used to increase the density throughout the central areas).
The beard present also an advantage compared to the hair: the beard hair density is less strong than the density of the scalp. So, it relatively easy to reach an original density in a single session.

SURGERY DETAILS

œ“ 1011 grafts

œ“ Technique: FUE

œ“ FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE.
It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself.
The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure.
The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

œ“ Grafts Breakdown:
˜ž 1011 Single FUE grafts

œ“ Total number of Hair: 1011

œ“ Average Hair/Graft: N/A

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage3.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage4.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-3.jpg