• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 4724 FUE (2238 + 2486) / NW VI, 2 sessions

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
Logo-HTS-2015-300.png

PATIENT'S DETAILS

48 years old, NW VI, losing his hair since his 30s, with a hair loss history in his family (maternal grandfather).

No medications.

✓ Medium calibre hair.

Strong follicular units.

High % of hair in telogen phase.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

I'm glad to present another nice hair restoration outcome by means of the FUE technique.

In this gentleman's case, we initially decided to adopt a three-steps approach to treat his advanced baldness, classifiable as grade VI in the Norwood scale.

The first surgery (subject of this post) took place in August 2019, when we implanted 2238 grafts FUE to restore the patient's hairline, frontal and midscalp areas. As you can observe, the surface treated would have usually required a bigger amount of grafts (around 3000); however, taking into account the patient's limited donor area, we decide to err on the side of caution by limiting the number of grafts to the minimum necessary during this first session.

The results the patient achieved are excellent, as you can appreciate in the photos published below - especially considering the amount of grafts used and the surface covered. This case shows exceptionally well the fundamental importance of a well-planned and strategic grafts placement.

As usual, we will not hesitate to update this thread when the patient will undergo his second session.

SURGERIES DETAILS

✓ 2238
grafts

Technique : FUE

Donor area : Scalp

FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

Grafts Breakdown :
☞ 331 Single FUE grafts
☞ 947 Double FUE grafts
☞ 890 Triple FUE grafts
☞ 70 Quadruple FUE grafts

Total number of Hair : 5175

Average Hair/Graft : 2.31

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-Montage-1

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-Montage-2

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-Montage-3

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-Montage-4

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-3.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-4.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-5.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-6.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-8.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-7.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-9.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-10.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-11.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-12.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-13.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-14.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-15.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-16.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-17.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-18.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-19.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-20.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-21.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-2238-FUE-22.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is a good result for the first surgery in his 3 stage approach. His new hairline frames his face nicely and connecting the lateral humps helps with the appearance of a non balding look.
I see his nape/neck hair has thinned on the right side. What’s the cause of this?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Couldnt agree more BM. Cant wait ti see surgery 2!
Gives people with advanced loss hope this.

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member
Bigmac, bullitnut,

Thank you for your kind comments, and I praise your sharp sense of observation.

The patient actually developed a form of autoimmune alopecia, which is the cause of the bald spot visible on the right side, lower portion of his donor area. This was the first time he experienced this phenomenon on his scalp, whereas in the past it affected his forearm and leg hair.

While this situation is almost always temporary, I recommended him to perform corticoids injections and to apply Minoxidil in order to speed up the recovery.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for confirming it was autoimmune alopecia and you’ve recommended the appropriate treatment. Hopefully, it works and the patient updates with his progress.

M

mania

Very impressive results produced by Dr. jeans devroye...

Dr Devroye

Dr Devroye

Valued member

As mentioned in the original post, the patient was scheduled to undergo his second procedure to cover the crown area in December 2021.

During this second sitting I have extracted and implanted 2486 grafts via FUE technique exclusively – which gives a total of 4724 grafts transferred so far in two separated sessions.

You can find below the surgery details and the photos showing the patient’s evolution until one year after his second procedure.

A three-steps approach was adopted for this patient: he will therefore undergo a third session in the future to further improve the current results.

SURGERY DETAILS

2nd Surgery - December 2021

✓ 2486
grafts

Technique : FUE

Donor area : scalp

Recipient area : scalp

FUE and BHT scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system , now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

✓ Grafts Breakdown :
☞ 270 Single FUE
☞ 1148 Double FUE grafts
☞ 971 Triple FUE grafts
☞ 97 Quadruple FUE grafts

Total number of Hair : 5867

Average Hair/Graft : 2.36

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4724-FUE-NW-VI-Montage-6.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4724-FUE-NW-VI-Montage-5.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4724-FUE-NW-VI-Montage-7.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-4724-FUE-NW-VI-Montage-8.jpg