• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Mani 1850 Grafts (UK)

S

swats09

Hi everyone, i am posting my results / progress of my hair transplant. I haven't seen any posts from this doctor, so thought i'd share my results.

Transplant date April 2021

This was my hairline before surgery, after a good 6 months lockdown growth. I have quite a bit of hair but wanted my hairline filling in and coming down a bit.

before.jpg

Straight after 1850 grafts.

straight after.jpg

Next day

Nexxt day.jpg

Donor after 4 days

4 days post op.jpg

10 days post op, scabs coming off
day 10.jpeg

Donor post and 3 weeks

3weeks.thumb.jpg.eeeceddadf8d54be38b91984fba48a02.jpg

Front hairline after 3 weeks, shedding starts now

shed.thumb.jpg.52915f08983493587d18c5d2c538643c.jpg

2 month post op, shedding, however i kept a bit of my hairs.
2 month side.jpgIMG_7541.thumb.jpg.c6acb57adeb17a227fed1e9be29009f4.jpg

Donor at 2 month, fully healed i think
2 month donor.jpg

3 months, and growth has started

3 month front.jpeg

3 month photo with fibres added
3 month fibres.jpeg

Some shots at just after 3 months with fibres and low light... really shaped now at such an early stage
front low light.jpgSide low light.jpgSide low light 2.jpg

Any questions let me know!

Cheers

Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Which clinic does Dr Mani work at I've never heard of him or if I have I've forgotten sorry. The hairline looks sensible and not to drastic which I always prefer as it will help in the future if things progress. You look in good shape for just 3 months dude.

S

swats09

Which clinic does Dr Mani work at I've never heard of him or if I have I've forgotten sorry. The hairline looks sensible and not to drastic which I always prefer as it will help in the future if things progress. You look in good shape for just 3 months dude.
Hello, thank you i appreciate knowing that. The hairline was conservative on his suggestion. I had wanted it lower but i am glad i listened and got a denser one but with a more natural appearance. Like you said , i can always get another one and see how this progresses.

He is freelance across a few i believe. I went through Hair Loss Centre.

To be honest i didn't do as much research as i should have done. I am very fortunate that he was the doctor i contacted, because i can see how easy it is to fall for some marketing when you dont know too much about hair transplants.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Swat09. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience.
The placement and design looks good. You healed well, your donor at 3 months looks good. There’s one thinner part just below your crown that has plenty of time to improve.
Using the fibers is showing what your result should look like in 12 months.
I`ll look forward to your next update.
All the best.
Bm.

S

swats09

Hi Swat09. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience.
The placement and design looks good. You healed well, your donor at 3 months looks good. There’s one thinner part just below your crown that has plenty of time to improve.
Using the fibers is showing what your result should look like in 12 months.
I`ll look forward to your next update.
All the best.
Bm.

Thanks bigmac,

It's coming along nicely. The fibres really help me enjoy it during this stage!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the fibres can work well and help you through the ugly duckling stage.

S

swats09

Around 4 months in now! Really starting to take shape... pictures are with and without fibres. Only used a small amount to fill in sides.

IMG_8367 copy.jpg

IMG_8370 copy.jpg

IMG_8371 copy.jpg

And without fibres and closeup with harsh lighting

IMG_8416.jpg
IMG_8417.jpg
IMG_8418.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Growth is growing in nice at 4 months. The fibres really help thicken your hair up. Hopefully, in a few more months you won’t need them.

S

swats09

6 month mark!

Slight improvement over 5 months i think. I had my shortest haircut yet with a 3 buzz on the sides and back, and a trim on the top.

I had a wedding at the weekend, with lots of compliments on my hair but no body assumed i've had a hair transplant. I did mention it to some people.

One side is definitely stronger than the other, you can see on the close up front photo that it still lacks a lot of density... I'm hoping this will fill in over the next 6 months.

The two suited photos are with fibres in and good distance, really showing how good it looks now though! I'm very happy

Cheers

Closeup front.jpg
closeup side 1.jpg
close up side 2.jpg
IMG_6978 copy.jpg
a5646644-920c-4866-be61-0fcda443ecdd copy.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The hairline is filling in, you had nothing in the temples pre op. It often happens that one side grows in faster than the other, it should even out in the next few months. It must have felt good having people compliment you on your hair and fibres can work great when you get the hang of using them.
Thanks for the update.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hairline has filled in quite a bit now to create the fuller appearance. How are you feeling about it?

S

swats09

10 Month update

Steadily added some thickness although haven't noticed a huge difference over the last few months. I suppose I am need the end of my new hair transition!

I will say I am extremely happy with the results. If i was to be super critical i would have liked a bit more density and some more growth on the left side. No idea if this will still come?

I am still not taking any fin or minox which i think i need to get onto.

front dry.jpg
Side1.jpg
Side2.jpg
Wet front.jpg
Wet side.jpg
RIGHT.jpg
left.jpg

E

Edsarn

Looking good @swats09 - you must be very pleased. I think the hairline design is excellent, and will still look great in a few years. Did the doctor extract all the grafts? Did he use a manual or electric powered device for extraction?

S

swats09

Looking good @swats09 - you must be very pleased. I think the hairline design is excellent, and will still look great in a few years. Did the doctor extract all the grafts? Did he use a manual or electric powered device for extraction?
Thanks - i'm really happy with it

The surgeon did some extractions, but 75% was done by two technicians with his oversight. He did all incisions. I believe it was electronic device!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Has any of your friends or colleagues commented on your new hairline? Because your loss was mainly a receded hairline/temples I’d probably just go for Finasteride to maintain your hair from now on. The rest of your hair looks in good shape.

S

swats09

Everyone I’ve told has been really impressed, and quite a few people I haven’t told gave either noticed my hair looking really good or asked if I’d had something done.

I am planning on starting finasteride, and taking it 3x a week to start with