• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Mwamba - 1200 grafts (second transplant)

• Thread starter HairlineConfessions
  • Start date
HairlineConfessions

HairlineConfessions

Hey everyone,
I had my first transplant in Turkey in 2020 which was 3500 grafts (2300 at the front, 1200 on my crown). I wanted a second surgery and opted for Dr. Mwamba in Brussels to bring down the hairline further and restore the temples.

Here is a compilation video of the first 2 weeks:

Feel free to comment on the video with any questions.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The work looks nice and refined from Dr Mwamba. I like the hair wash the day after surgery as it just makes the area look nice and clean. What made you choose Dr Mwamba rather than going back to Elithair? I see on your channel you consulted with Dr Couto too.

Guest!

14 hour surgeries ... man Mwamba really puts in the hours. I heard his pre-op consults are super methodical too. Seems a very caring doc.

Was that laser machine he used to do the hairline Dr Path's invention? I think Dr Path won an award for that somewhere so it makes me wonder why more surgeons dont use it

Please keep us updated

L

Luka

Regarding your first transplant, how many grafts have you had placed in the crown? And how did you manage to sleep with both the crown and the frontal third transplanted?

HairlineConfessions

HairlineConfessions

The work looks nice and refined from Dr Mwamba. I like the hair wash the day after surgery as it just makes the area look nice and clean. What made you choose Dr Mwamba rather than going back to Elithair? I see on your channel you consulted with Dr Couto too.

I would say I got great results from Elithair. And for the price, it was a success. I don’t regret my first transplant at all, but for temple work I knew I needed to go to an elite surgeon. I did have a consultation with Dr. Couto, but I felt that he quoted a lot of grafts. I thought it would be best to preserve them for the future, just in case. Will have to wait and see if I have the density I need from the 1200 grafts.

Regarding your first transplant, how many grafts have you had placed in the crown? And how did you manage to sleep with both the crown and the frontal third transplanted?

Here’s a compilation video from my first transplant:

Sleeping isn’t as bad as you may have heard. You don’t have to sleep completely upright like some people suggest. A simple V shape pillow is sufficient.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Growth is beginning for you. Donor looks great.

I

Im new here

As you haven't had much done this time and although the length of the sprouting hairs is much shorter than you native hair hair it still blends quite well.

Looks good and should really improve the appearance of the hairline for you

HairlineConfessions

HairlineConfessions

F9902344-97D7-45B5-97AD-C315D66A2308.jpeg

MONTH 4 UPDATE:

M

mustang2

Valued member
Looking awesome.

It's definetly a great stragety to get the big chunk done at a lower cost clinic and then the hairline refined and temples done with an elite surgeon providedo the low cost clinic is one that not only as decent yield but also good critieria when extracting.

Having a decimated donor and fibrosis on the recipient area can be a disaster.

S

Salazar

MONTH 6 UPDATE
Thanks for the update. Your hair is looking great.

I know that you were only mentioning it as a future possibility, rather than a definite decision, but I don't think that your hairline needs to be lowered any further.

Your crown is also looking brilliant. I don't know if it's the styling or the grafts, but I honestly can't detect any signs of loss. Fantastic result. All the best.