• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr.Paul Shapiro/2528 FUcase/6 month FU

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
This 43 year old male came in for a 6 month follow up exam. He was a good candidate for a 3,000 + Follicular Unit case, but unfortunately he had poor donor of 70 FU sq.cm and a tight scalp. I removed a strip that was 28.5 cm long. I first took out 7.5 cm of a 1.4 cm wide strip in the middle and then took out 21 cm at the decreased width of 1.2 cm wide. I focused on the front half of his scalp knowing that I would not get 3,000 FU.
The total yield was 2528 FU. The hair count was as follows:
1 hair FU 754 Hairs 754
2 hair FU 1277 Hairs 2454
3 hair FU 448 Hairs 1344
4 hair FU 99 Hairs 396
Total Hair 2528 Total Hairs 4948

I did not take any side view photos before the surgery so there are no before and after side comparisons. I also did not take any immediate post op photos but he did let me shave the front ½ of his scalp.

PRE-OP PHOTOS
Slide5-2.jpg

AREA TRANSPLANTED
Slide6-1.jpg

PRE-OP/6 MONTHS POST OP
Slide7-1.jpg

PRE-OP/6 MONTHS POST OP
Slide9-2.jpg

PRE-OP-6 MONTHS POST OP
Slide8-1.jpg

CLOSE UP OF TRANPLANTED HAIR 6 MONTHS POST OP
Slide11.jpg

HAIR LINE 6 MONTS POST OP
Slide12.jpg

CLOSE UP HAIR LINE 6 MONTHS POST OP
Slide14.jpg

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The work is very nice as usual. Did this patient shave down?

NN

V

VCM761

Dr. Shapiro,

Would you describe this patient as a diffuse thinner? At 43 years of age what do you predict his hairloss pattern to be? The appearance of his hair has certainly improved to date.