• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Paul Shapiro, 6 months post op, 3118grafts/6655hairs

Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member

This 33 year old male came in for his 6 month pos op exam. The area of balding I covered is about 100 sq.cm. I was hoping to get 3,500 to 4,000 grafts. Unfortunately his donor skin was tight and his donor density was about 75 FU/sqcm which is below average. I first took out a donor strip that was 1.6 cm wide but the closure was tight and I had to decrease the width of his donor strip to 1.4 cm wide. His donor did yield 3118 grafts and fortunately he had a good percentage of 3 and 4 hair grafts to place in and behind the central core area. At 6 months he is looking good and very happy with his results, but I expect to see more growth over the next 6 months. Hopefully he will come in for a one year follow up and I can post more photos.

His graft and hair breakdown is as follows:

1 €™s €“ 466

2 €™s €“ 1871

3 €™s - 677

4 €™s - 104

Total grafts 3118/Total hairs 6655

[

Last edited:
J

JJ09

Excellent coverage with the amount of grafts used giving a very natural result and the hairline looks amazing, you would never know any work has been done. ¬b`

Would you say that the caliber of hair has helped the naturalness of the hairline?

I read that two strips were excised for the procedure is this common practice at your clinic or a case-by-case method?

Last edited:
Paul Shapiro MD

Paul Shapiro MD

Valued member
JJ09 wrote:
Excellent coverage with the amount of grafts used giving a very natural result and the hairline looks amazing, you would never know any work has been done. ¬b`

Would you say that the caliber of hair has helped the naturalness of the hairline?

I read that two strips were excised for the procedure is this common practice at your clinic or a case-by-case method?
This patient has fine light brown-blond hair. This type of hair does help in the naturalness of the hairline. If someone has coarse dark hair we can still get a natural looking hairline but we have to look for fine one hair FU's and be very careful. As for taking the strip out in more than one section: I think most clinics do it that way. In general we can take a wider strip from the center of the donor then the sides. So if we are going for a high graft count we always take a wider strip out from the center. Also if we are taking a long strip out it is easier to take it out in more than one section. [/quote]
I hope this is helpful Dr. Paul

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Great work,the hairline looks soft and natural.

His hair color (US spelling) to scalp definately helps with his density.

The patient must be thrilled.

Thanks for sharing this result.