• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Rahal 2751 Grafts

• Thread starter Rahalhairtransplant
  • Start date
Rahalhairtransplant

Rahalhairtransplant

Valued member
We had the pleasure of meeting this gentleman back in March 2007 for his procedure.

He was interested in restoring his frontal hairline along with working into his temporal regions. We also added grafts behind his hairline to strengthen.
We were successful in harvesting 2751 grafts.

His Graft Breakdown:
1's - 409
2's -1555
3's - 787

PRE OP

IMMEDIATELY AFTER SURGERY

1 WEEK POST OP

1 YEAR POST OP

2 YEARS POST OP

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

That looks absolutely exquisite. With such a low/robust hair line I would never think this guy had suffered ANY hair loss now, and it's extremely dense. That's one persian rug of a head of hair!

How would you rate the caliber of his donor? It must be on the extreme end of thick/coarse. Age, meds?

Stellar work, would love to see more! Z:B

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice looking work,the density matches the rest of his hair perfect.

He must be thrilled with the outcome.

Thanks bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is an example of some excellent work. The patient looks great. I have always thought that Dr. Rahal is one of the best choices when a person needs a dense hairline to match native hair. Thanks for posting.

NN

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
Is there any way to get the total sq/cm of the transplanted area?

It is tough to judge, but it looks like 50-60 sq cm?

I want to make a point about hair characteristics and how "density" is subjective when dealing with individual hair characteristics.

This is a great result BTW---and very difficult to maintain naturalness with the coarseness of the hair.

Thanks for sharing!
Jason

E

El Nino

Valued member
jm1973 wrote:
How does frontal density compare to crown density? Is it typical to use more hairs in the front than the crown?Do most patients opt for a modest coverage in the crown opposed to a dense pack?
Hi jm1973,

It is easier to re-create the illusion of density in the mid scalp and hairline than the crown. The main reason for this is, the crown is rounded and the hairs exit the scalp at different angles whereas the hairline is flat. Which means you get more of a layering effect in the mid scalp and hairline.

How many grafts one places in the crown depends on their individual situation. I had no loss in the front so all of my grafts were put in the crown. If you have loss in both areas then it is personal choice whether to go dense in the front and a sprinkling in the crown or to go for even coverage over the whole area.

Hope this helps, do you have any pics of your situation?