• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Robert Dorin - 3511 Grafts / 5,318 Hairs

• Thread starter True and Dorin Medical Group
  • Start date
True and Dorin Medical Group

Valued member
This patient consulted with Dr. Dorin at the end of 2006. Given his pattern, Dr. Dorin would ideally liked to have done one optimal FUT of 3500 grafts. Unfortunately due to underaverage scalp elasticity, the restoration needed to be performed in two steps 10 months apart. The first treatment was an 1806 FUT done in 2/07 and the second was a 1705 FUT done in 12/07. A total of 3511 follicular units were transplanted.
Emphasis on frontal and top coverage, with hair placed into a previous scar in bridge region.

Patient Details:
-Age 39
-Class 5a - 6
-On Propecia since early '07
-Fine hair caliber
-Below average scalp elasticity
-Total donor supply @ 5000 grafts

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
thats a beautiful result especially if you take into account the below average scalp elasticity the guy must be floating on cloud nine considering his level of baldness

great result¬b`again guys

thanks bn

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Sometimes it's just better to be more cautious with the two surgeries rather than one big surgery. You avoid unnecessary scar revisions and really tight scalp later down the line. Great transformation.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Looks great and suits him well.

An overall excellent coverage for that many grafts as the guy was bald before,now it looks like he is thinning a little in certain areas,very natural imo.

Have you any immediate post op pictures of the patient and especially pictures of the grafts placed in his previous scar in the bridge region.Also with him having a tight scalp can he have any more strip surgeries performed or will it be FUE only if he requires future work.

Thanks

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I didn't see this result. Wow. Very nice change for that many grafts. I too like the option of splitting the surgery into 2 for the best interest of the patient.

NN

Valued member
BM......below are the interim pics.........thanks for your input......i think he could do one more strip, or a blended FUT/FUE....and certainly could swtich over to pure FUE as well

Last edited:
janna

janna

Invaluable Member
The work looks great. I've stated this before but it's worth mentioning again that T&D do a fabulous job with their pics and presenting their results. Of course I also love the fact that they post as much surgery data as possible too - mainly the individual graft count/hair count. The hair count tells so much about what the actual results will end up - I can't see why all clinics do not post this info.