• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

dr Rogers, 1480 conservative hairline design

Kasia

Kasia

Valued member
this patient was concern with his hairline but didn't want anything too noticeable because of the nature of his work, he meets public a lot and wanted just small re-design so used a good amount of 1's to the area

we planted 1480 grafts 2452 hairs
597 1's
794 2's
267 3's

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
The work looks nice and clean, Kasia. Nice job with the photo documentation too. You'll be able to post all over the ht message boards in no time.

Kasia

Kasia

Valued member
Hi Janna

from the time started work with dr Rogers we improve much on quality, use of microscope, magnification, patient welfare and satisfaction, having very good feedback, so far so good

and yes posting much simple now

thank you

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I personally would have opted for more grafts if i were this patient as his donor area looks good but i guess each to their own and if a conservativative approach is what he wanted ,then so be it.

The work looks nice and clean,i hope he keeps you updated with his progress as i`d like to see what this amount of grafts achieves for him.

Thanks for posting.

bm.

Kasia

Kasia

Valued member
Hi Bm

partly would agree with you but know from my experience working in HT surgeries how important is to design something as a compromise between what we think and what patient wants

also how important is to take each HT surgery we perform as individual case and try to evaluate what is the best in particular case

this patient just turned 50, decided to change his career where deals with public a lot, he wanted something that could easily blend with his existing hairline and nothing too obvious, doens't want to take any medications, which for me still means we need to plan for the future as I've seen patient starting to lose more hair in their 50's

moreover he has salt and pepper hair so we had to be careful with selecion of grafts for his front and not giving him too strong black bandline, when you look througt his hair you can see quite amount of miniatirisation too and his donor area is not that dense as it looks

was very surprise when we checked his density, in the middle part was around 76 but the sides just 50 which gives average of 63, with his elasticity we decided to take 1.2 width which with actual density 54 gave us about 1500 grafts

I hope he will give us a chance to check his result and take more pics to post, will keep you updating if so

he promised me to see his show so should happen soon ;-)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kasia

Thanks for clarying the patients needs and your approach to his situation.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The work is certainly very clean and likely will give a decent cosmetic improvement. Personally I too would have opted for more grafts but certainly I can understand his reasoning as well as the points that you made. Thanks for the post.

NN