• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Ron Shapiro Recent 2300 Gr FUE Procedure

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dr. Ron Shapiro Recent 2300 Gr FUE Procedure

Patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro had FUE procedure last week.

Total graft/hair count for three day procedure: 2300 Grafts = 4156 Hairs

This patient posts on the forums as Dodger1 so he stated he`ll be around to answer any questions.

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

D

dodger1

Valued member
Hi,

These are my post op pic's. Dr. Ron and the entire staff at Shapiro Medical Group were awesome. I'm very excited to see the end result and I'll be happy to answer any questions regardiing my HT. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Dodger

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Dodger!

Most FUE patients talk about the quick healing and virtually no pain involved with FUE, however, I know that there are some pain involved. Not only the first day with local anesthetic but during the healing too. It's normal. I think it's important for potential patients considering FUE that there may be some pain during the healing phase. It usually lasts about a week. As I mentioned to Dodger, my brother in law had a fue session with SMG and he stated he experienced some tingling, prickly feeling at the donor site for the first week. He took the pain pills the the first surgery day but ended up taking couple pain pills at night for 4-5 nights. We don't recommend taking pain pills during the day if you are driving as it causes drowsiness.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dodger1.

Welcome to the forum,i`ll look forward to following your progress.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

K

karmenelec

Valued member
Looks great! I'm curious about a few things: how old are you and are you on meds? Also, what is the density at the hairline? Seems to me that if you want to wear your hair up with gel/wax etc. and expose the hairline, anything under 65 cm2 would not suffice if you didn't want a see-through effect. Of course, this also depends on characteristics, contrast, etc. etc... But since you appear to have light, straight and thin hair like me, I am curious what you and Dr. Ron agreed on with respect to density for the hairline..

Also, I notice that Dr. Ron and Paul employ a 'jagged' effect for the hairline, a technique I don't see from other physicians. I'm wondering how this would look if you did in fact want to wear your hair up with gel/wax,etc... If this is the most natural-looking method, why do only the Shapiros employ it? I respectfully disagree with the theory that the initial front of the hairline should be thin and then get denser as you move in.. I for one would prefer the 'wall of hair' (but obviously not expecting a teenager's since that's next to impossible)...

In any event, congrats on your HT! You're obviously in great hands with SMG. Happy growing..

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Most of the surgeons do use a jagged effect, dunno what you've been looking at.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Hmm...This is such awesome FUE work. Things are going to be stellar. I love the chosen hairline and work is super clean. Things are going to blend very well with the native hair. Keep us all posted with your results as I would love to see the final product, but no doubt it will be perfect.

SMG is known in the industry for their superb hairlines so I would have to hazzard a guess that they no what they are doing. "Wall of hair"--yikes! Not so cool as you age.

NN

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
welcome to the forum dodger1....the work looks fantastic, i got a sneak peak at your pics whilst i was there, shame i didnt get chance to say hi though as we were in surgery at the same time;)

your going to be a happy guy in 12 months very impressive indeed ¬b` Dr Ron

D

dodger1

Valued member
Janna, Thank you for the explanation regarding FUE healing times. I'm now on day 9 post op and the soreness and uncomfortable pain I was experiencing in the donor has certainly subsided and I €™m basically back to feeling 100%. (Just itchy sometimes in the recipient area, but no big deal).
Bigmac, thank you for the welcome and kind wishes. karmenelec, thank you for the kind words and comments/questions. I'll be 35 in September and have been on propecia for the last 6 years. I've also started Rogaine foam in May 2010. In my initial consult with Matt and Dr.Ron I believe that we were attempting around 50 cm2, but Janna might be able to better clarify what was accomplished during my procedure? Dr. Ron also explained that using the "jagged effect" more closely resembles a natural looking hairline when grown out. I too have seen other Doc's use this technique as well. Sparky, thank you for the feedback. Nervousnelly, Thank you for the kind words and best wishes! bullitnut, thank you also for the kind words and I €™m sorry too that we missed each other last week in MN. I'll def keep an eye on your updates as well! JJ09, Thank you for the comments! I'll def keep posting with my updates.

D

dodger1

Valued member
These pics were taken 11 days post op after my three day FUE session with Dr. Shapiro. So far everything seems to be healing well. I had some pain and discomfort in the donor up until about day 7 or 8 post op, but since then it hasn't been a problem. I still have some scabs in both the donor and recipient that are slowly falling away. I'll post more pic's at the 1 month mark. Please tell me what you think!

Attachments

• DSC09604.JPG
    DSC09604.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 5,181
D

dodger1

Valued member
These were taken 11 days post op after my three day FUE session with Dr. Shapiro.

Attachments

• DSC09614.JPG
    DSC09614.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 5,531
Last edited:
D

dodger1

Valued member
These were taken 11 days post op after my three day FUE session with Dr. Shapiro.

Attachments

• DSC09610.JPG
    DSC09610.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 5,249
D

dodger1

Valued member

Attachments

• DSC09611.JPG
    DSC09611.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 5,394
D

dodger1

Valued member

Attachments

• DSC09609.JPG
    DSC09609.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 5,394
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dodger1,it all looks to be healing well,its quite normal for some scabs to linger,they can be removed by giving them a good soak and massage in the shower.

A few more days growth and i`d say it would be very difficult to tell that you had surgery performed.

Thanks for the update and i`ll look forward to the one month pictures.

Cheers bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
everything looks fine.....good advice from bm.

great pics by the way;) thanks for the update dude

Last edited:
D

dodger1

Valued member
Bigmac, thanks for the comments and advice. It's nice to know there's so much help and support through this journey! I took another look at your 9 month pics and they look awesome! I know you must be feeling great! Talk to you soon bud.

Bullitnut, thank you as well for the comments. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your progress in the coming months as well. Happy healing to you as well bud!

-Dodger

C

Colin

Valued member
Yet another superb work by SMG...I so look forward to see your upcoming photos. Your hairline will be perfect!

One question. Since the front of dodger1 is slightly affected by hair loss, isn't there a risk of losing some of the old hair in this area due to the surgery?

Last edited:
D

dodger1

Valued member
Hi Colin, thanks for the kind words bro, really appreciate it! So far (knock on wood), I haven't experienced any shockloss in the recipient or donor areas. I guess only time will tell if in fact i lose any existing hair among the transplanted graphs, but because Dr. Shapiro didn't attempt to dense pack the graphs in this area, i think he gave me the best shot for the future. I also think my loss has somewhat stabilized due to using propecia for the past 6 years. I can only hope for the best. Maybe Janna could help to better answer this as well?