• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Teresa Meyer, BHR Clinic, Spain, 234 FUE to scar 0 - 5 months

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Technique: FUE

Number of grafts: 234

Patient left with scarring post cyst removal and wanted to camouflage it.

Here we have 5 month update that is still very early for this type of surgery but already has brought about a nice cosmetic improvement and more growth expected.

We will update when possible on this case.

--------------

Before
00Pre-op1_zps05158893.jpg

00Pre-op3_zpseffdeee7.jpg

00Pre-op4_zps2ab51515.jpg

Sites on recipient area
01Post-op1_zps45472c17.jpg

01Post-op2_zps9544fbe3.jpg

Placement
01Post-op3_zps083fec7a.jpg

01Post-op4_zps68ebef9a.jpg

5 Months
025Months3_zpsa5e185b3.jpg

025Months1_zps91af9012.jpg

025Months2_zps8193d0e6.jpg

Last edited:
P

Paulyboy

I have a scar similar to this from my Cyst removal several years ago which I'm considering having a few hundred Fue grafts placed into. What is the survival rate of grafts for this type of procedure?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Paulyboy

Apologies for the delayed reply but was in a conference this weekend so unable to respond sooner.

Grafting into scars takes a different approach than non scarred tissue and scars can be from cysts as this case or previous surgery or other sources.

We usually like the scar to be a year old before addressing and then will place into it at a lower density than normal tissue due to avascularity.

Any scarring and even mirco scarring even if a patient has had good previous hair transplants can cause a decrement in growth and even more so in more prominent scars as has been evident in case studies presented from other sources.

We do not promise a blanket percentage of growth as such and the doctor would assess the scar prior to offering surgery, often in person also if scarring is from previous surgery.

We are seeing good growth into scars and for most cases would give free grafts if anything under the 80 percent growth mark were to be achieved, subject to initial consultation.

Here is another case whereby we grafted into a scar albeit from a Strip scar.

P

Paulyboy

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your honesty concerning the growth and coverage. I will be in touch when I'm ready to do something.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That's going to look superb at twelve months, i am shocked at the mess they made though just removing a cyst.