• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Edge of Darkness

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I'm sure that there's a few of you on here that remember the original 1984 series with Bob Peck (who sadly passed away in 1999) - anyway I noticed that they are remaking it in Hollywood with (at the moment) Mel Gibson.

I watched it recently after many years and was amazed at how good it still was - a really quality BBC nuclear thriller - harrowing and intense. I loved the Bob Peck and CIA 'Darius Jedburgh' character (played by Joe Don Baker) and only hope that any remake does the series justice - I believe the director is the same so hopefully he will ensure the remake does justice to the original.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Just me then... You'll all be saying how 'deep' and 'cool' Mel is when/if the film comes out. I stand by my original post by the way (lol) just cos you guys don't have any taste... :T:

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Baldspot wrote:
Just me then... You'll all be saying how 'deep' and 'cool' Mel is when/if the film comes out. I stand by my original post by the way (lol) just cos you guys don't have any taste... :T:
lol I've never heard of it. When I clicked on this link "The Edge of DARKNESS" I was expecting to read about some suicidal balded bozo on the brink of despair, longing for his locks...damn! had a pay pal account all set up for therapeutic sessions as well...sighs...such is life.

I'll check it out if it ever releases (again) though.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve never heard of it either,was this on bbc2 at some obscure time.

I prefer watching Rab.:)

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
NG2GB - LOL, I never thought of that - balding bozo goes suicidal... They'd probably have called it 'Hedge of Darkness'.

Bigmac - it was pre-Rab by many years 'by the way...' :)

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Excellent NGTGB you've a great sense of humour...

Janna - my boss gave me the dvd for Christmas and I'd forgotten how powerful it was- probably one of the best dramas the BBC has EVER produced and that's saying something - I hope that the remake does the original justice. If so you'll never hear the word 'Northmoor' and not have a chill run down your spine...

Last edited: