• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Emotional Impact of Hair loss in an Instagram world!

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor

Hair loss has always been far deeper than just the physical impact, it has massive emotional implications and we see that throughout history also, and even for the rich and famous, it has brought many self-esteem and confidence issues and even depression. But, now more so than at any other time in history we all have access to camera phones and media videos that show us a constant stream of beauty, wealth and success! This for sure creates insecurity for the hair loss sufferers. Unlike the past however there are options now to address hair loss, be it with medication or surgery or various other hairloss treatments out there that were not available to past generations. We hope this video will help you see that you are not alone in your struggle, and please feel free to contact us for professional advice regarding your options. Thanks for watching!

[email protected]

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video Sl. It explains a lot on how we feel when losing our hair. Depression and anxiety are common, both can lead to other problems.
it’s great that you've made this video as it will help many I’m sure.
Thanks for sharing it here.

Reactions: sl
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I received another email from a guy suffering hair loss at a young age, I`ve directed him to this video as I think he will find it very helpful. Maybe he will post his story and explain what anxieties he is going through.

sl

sl

Yes, he is not alone for sure in his anxieties.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is very hard for a lot of us when losing hair but when it`s in your teenage years or early twenties it makes it is very tough to deal with.

Arnold6

Arnold6

How many teenagers and twenty-somethings seeking hair restoration of some sort would be an interesting statistic. The pressure to look good is constantly being pushed by social influencers, usually for monetary gain. Some unfortunate people follow these people religiously taking extreme measures to follow suit.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That would be an interesting fact to know. What I have noticed recently are more young guys having unnecessary hair transplants by clinics who don’t seem to know or care about progressive hair loss.

sl

sl

There is definitely a trend towards as mentioned here, very young patients being accepted and with no thought of tomorrow. I think one issue is we are in an insta and an instant generation now.

I recall at 21 or so when at UNI, the lecturer was 40 and I thought he was so old and at that age I would not care how I look. This is the issue now, to look good now and say, well if it looks bad I will just shave it off or won't care when older, I want to look good while young.

The truth is that shaving won't be possible or even look good if they did and secondly, they will still care how they look in 10/20 years from now. But when clinics play on the patient's insecurities then that is when the surgery is agreed and they will regret it. Often these clinics are no good as even the surgery part, aside from the ethical issues, they go hand in hand.