• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Excellent Experience with Dr Ozlem Bicer, 3400 Graft FUE Transplant, Turkey

M

MrClean

Hi everyone, I am a man in my mid-20's from the USA who completed my first FUE hair transplant with Dr. Ozlem Bicer in Istanbul, Turkey yesterday. After several months of nerve wracking research to find a IAHRS surgeon operated procedure, a clinic with only 1 operation per day, and at an affordable price I only found a few clinics that met my prerequisites. I limited myself to 3 in-person consultations when I arrived in Istanbul.

All 3 doctors I consulted with noted I had a weak donor area on top of a very large recipient area (NW 7). Not very good odds for me lol, but since I have already tried the bald look before and liked it I decided to roll the dice and perform an operation if I was comfortable with the surgeons plan. 2 of the 3 doctors, while very respectable and I'm sure they would do a good job, recommended large amounts of graft implants despite my weak donor area in just one session. One of the doctors also told me that this was the only surgery I would ever be able to do because my donor area was so weak. Not helping my anxiety haha.

I committed to an operation with Dr. Bicer because she far and away stood out from her peers. I have never met a doctor who seemed to so genuinely want what was in the best interests of the patient by asking what my concerns were, considering how I would like my hair to look, and most of all putting forth a reasonable long term plan for success. Dr Bicer was the only doctor who took my age into consideration and noted that my non transplanted hair will most likely fall out in the future as I am still young. She was also the only doctor to recommend a long term plan by not using all of my donor area in one session so that some of it may be preserved for when more of my non-transplanted hair goes away. I can then perform another session when my hair has stopped falling out in a few years. She is very methodical and forward thinking.

Now comes the fun part - SURGERY DAY. All of the medical staff were very friendly, careful not to hurt me, and always asked if I was okay. The clinic's general coordinator and English Translator, Ozen, was very helpful whenever I needed a question asked to the staff and is still very quick to respond whenever I have a question over Whats App. Dr Bicer performed the incisions, supervised the extractions, and checked in every 20-30 minutes during the implantation phase. Over the course of the 9 hour surgery, 3400 grafts were transplanted with a very small mm tool so there was very minimal scarring. I was so comfortable during the procedure I fell asleep in the operating chair three times lol.

I was originally quoted 3000 grafts for $4500 USD, but Dr Bicer noted during the surgery that my donor area was stronger than first analyzed so she did not charge me for the extra 400 grafts. I was very pleased with the results at the end of the day and it definitely exceeded my expectations for what I thought possible when first going to Turkey. I would highly recommend Dr Bicer to anyone else looking for a quality FUE hair transplant, as I believe she is one of the most genuinely caring hair transplant doctors in all of Turkey. Let me know if you have any questions!

Before Surgery:
04e78b1e-927b-4fd0-81d5-92593ca8643e.JPG483d9ad6-8aa3-465c-8a15-18e20556968c.JPG18b041ab-f3ae-4f09-965e-59a00a154062.JPG

After Surgery:
IMG_5427.JPGIMG_5429.JPGIMG_5435.JPGIMG_5436.JPG

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Sounds like you had a very positive experience...heard some really positive things about Dr Bicer lately and she seems to be a very ethical Doctor.... I got to say I like the conservative hairline choice (wise move considering your young). Really happy for you dude and I'm excited to see how this progresses.....thank you for posting your experience I forgone appreciate it and love reading peoples experiences with different clinics.

Heal well pal and please keep us updated

T

Todd

I`ve been watching Dr Bicers results on here which look very good. Seeing a patient post his story is awesome, thanks for doing so. I`ll await your end result in 12 months with anticipation.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Looks great!....Just curious but what other DR's did you consult with?.....Im just interested as to what you whittled them down to?

Changing the subject......What is it that makes the grafts look white an fleshy? Mine were the same just last week, but why do they look that way? Is it because they are half in half out of the skin?

Anyways...all the best bro

regards

Tom

M

MrClean

Sounds like you had a very positive experience...heard some really positive things about Dr Bicer lately and she seems to be a very ethical Doctor.... I got to say I like the conservative hairline choice (wise move considering your young). Really happy for you dude and I'm excited to see how this progresses.....thank you for posting your experience I forgone appreciate it and love reading peoples experiences with different clinics.

Heal well pal and please keep us updated

Thanks man! I’m over the moon for even having this hair line again. For too many years it’s been moving in the wrong direction! Lmao Yes, as mentioned in my post, her reasoning for keeping my hairline and graft session lower than other clinics is one of the reasons I decided to go with her. Most doctors I contacted told me I have a weak donor area with large recipient area yet still wanted to pull out 4000+ grafts in one go. She was only one who explained why that didn’t make sense for someone who is still balding. Appreciate it man. As a longtime lurker, I’m excited to finally be the one to make a post :)

M

MrClean

I`ve been watching Dr Bicers results on here which look very good. Seeing a patient post his story is awesome, thanks for doing so. I`ll await your end result in 12 months with anticipation.
Of course! I’ll keep you all posted with my progress

M

MrClean

Looks great!....Just curious but what other DR's did you consult with?.....Im just interested as to what you whittled them down to?

Changing the subject......What is it that makes the grafts look white an fleshy? Mine were the same just last week, but why do they look that way? Is it because they are half in half out of the skin?

Anyways...all the best bro

regards

Tom
Thanks for your best wishes man! I shot out messages to over 10 clinics over whats app while getting consultations back in the US. I kept myself to only messaging doctors on the ISHRS and IAHRS as they seemed to be the most trustworthy original evidence of skill. Some of the clinics didn’t contact me back and others said they wouldn’t perform the procedure on me due to my low donor area and large recipient area. Finally, I changed my mind on a few surgeons after reading how they talked to patients and seeing some hit or miss before and afters. The 3 I had left for in-person consultations were Dr. Tayfun, Dr. Yaman, and Dr. Bicer. I visited all 3 in one day, but came away the most confident in Dr. Bicer. She was more personal and methodical about my personal needs by estimating I would continue to have hair loss and planning for it. The other two doctors, while I’m confident are still very good, just wanted to fill my recipient area up without any mention of my personal situation and young age.

Also, yeah they freaked me out when I first saw them too lol. Yeah, I think it’s it’s because they’re half way in and out. I did a google search and found this answer: “The white portion around the follicle is a specific part of the transplanted graft. One thing that should be taken into account is that you’re not only dealing with a hair follicle but with an entire organ. A hair graft consists of the collagen band around the follicle, microscopic muscle, small portion of the epithelium (superficial layer of skin) and small supporting vessels. The white portion is simply the epithelium. The goal in hair transplantation is not to bury the hair grafts. This can help to prevent possible folliculitis, dimpling of the skin or sebaceous cysts from occurring. We make sure to keep the hair graft slightly elevated from the surface of the skin to prevent these complications.
The white portion of the hair graft will eventually dry up and fall off a few days after the surgical procedure. This little technique alone can help prevent many post-op issues and patients have no real need to worry about any further complications.”

I just can’t wait for the scabbing to go away in a week! Lol

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Mr Clean. Welcome to the forum.
It`s great you have shared your story on here, Dr Bicer will be pleased as she told me she really likes this forum when I spoke to her. Having patients document their journey truly helps others who are in the research stages.
You got a good number in 3000, plus the extra 400 for free, this was a very nice gesture by the doctor. I like how she spoke to you about future loss and planned accordingly. Are you using any hair loss meds to prevent further loss?
Once your hair grows it will frame your face giving a younger look and confidence.
I`m looking forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

M

MrClean

hello! I will be using finasteride and minoxidil a month after the surgery. Thanks, I’m looking forward to looking my age again!

M

MrClean

No scabbing 12 days post surgery:

Attachments

• DB818369-3657-4F0B-B7B6-84A13B422A18.jpeg
    DB818369-3657-4F0B-B7B6-84A13B422A18.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 469
  • 9F102789-42D6-49B5-B151-D59C18B12E47.jpeg
    9F102789-42D6-49B5-B151-D59C18B12E47.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 442
Dr. Özlem Biçer

Dr. Özlem Biçer

Valued member
We are looking forward to seeing your progressive hair growth.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Just for the record I would have chosen the same doctor out of them three as well, you made a good choice in my opinion. Good doctors always consider a patients future and reading your post Dr Bicer certainly has with her plan of attack.