• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FAO FUE Doctors: Can My Goal Be Achieved? Photo's Inside...

Z

Zombikiller

Hello Guys,

Just joined up and loving the site.

Im 25 and from the UK.

Im intending to get surgery done within the next 6 months and would like some feedback from the Doctors here on what i intend to get done.

Basically i want my temples filled in and my hairline brought forward as shown in the below photos. This is what my hairline was like before i started losing it in my late teens: (Apologies for the crappy photoshopping but it is just to give you an idea of my new desired hairline)

b.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

The hairline i want:

10.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

The above is exactly what i want. Ill not be at all satisfied if this cant be achieved. Id rather just shave my head in that case!

I intend to use the FUE method for around 1500 grafts and my hair is currently very thick.

I am aware i will probably need surgery in years to come when the rest of my hair receeds but TBH it has been a very gradual recession and the hair on top of my head and crown is still like it was when i was 16. Strip method later down the line is a possibility.

Thanks for reading!

Z

Last edited:
My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Hello Zombikiller,

Hairlines are usually about 7cm, meaning if you measure from in between your eyebrows up 7cm this would be a great hairline to start with. Being that you are 25 years old you are going to have more hairloss. Hairloss is a life long process. It is always better too start with a higher hairline and then move down later. If you start to low and do not like it you will have to spend more money to have it removed.Make sure you see a doctor that specializes in hairlines and do a lot of research. Remember the frontal area is the first thing you see when you look in the mirror. Be careful and make sure the doctor has alot years of experience.

www.mywhtc.com

Last edited:
M

mars

Valued member
I know some photos dont give proper indication to some situations but i dont think you need surgery,the hairline you have looks like a mature hairline which is normal,you wouldnt want a 16yr old hairline when your 40 even david villa's hairline will mature a bit the older he gets..

Im the same age as your self and getting a teenagers hairline i think would be a mistake long term in both looks and wasting donor hair.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
at your age , you have clear goals you want to achieve .But your goal is too risky ,just because you are loosing hairs and your hair loss may progress further .

How do you want to look at 40 y.o.?
A low hair line with a bald area in the vertex will look unatural.I will advise you to have in person consultation with different doctors .
There is a couple of things they should lokk at .Do you have any signs of early miniaturisation that could tell us how extensive your baldness will end ;are you taking any measure to slow down your hair loss progression.

I will definetely perform such surgery on somebody without hair loss but for cosmetic reasons.But if you are showing signs of androgenetic alopecia , this will not be a good idea .

Dr Arvind

Dr Arvind

Valued member
There are some major problems with the hairline that you have marked.
Assuming you were a good candidate for HT, your "marked" temple points and temple angles are way off.
And for the hairline you have marked, 1500 grafts is too less. It will need atleast 2500 grafts.
I would advise you to study many results from various doctors, where the hair type and hairloss is similar to yours, before deciding anything.

This maybe close to the hairline you desire
http://www.fusehair.com/image/tid/148

befaft_21.gif

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
You dont need a H.T ,you make it sound like picking a hairline is like choosing a hairstyle.No disrespect but its really not worth going down the surgery route just yet . I would wait a few years then see how things are..

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

May look like a good Hollywood hairline but no surgeon who has the ability to do this to your standards, will do this for you.

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I felt the same way when I was 22 and it all went Pete Tong.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Come back with another design, maybe just bringing the temples down, and we'll see how that looks.

Z

Zombikiller

Sparky wrote:
May look like a good Hollywood hairline but no surgeon who has the ability to do this to your standards, will do this for you.

Thanks for the photoshop Sparky, looks good.

Why do you say a Doctor will not do this for me?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Its always the same with low hairlines on young guys, only the docs (crap ones) who want your money will do this and end up butchering you.
Ethical doctors wont do this as they will be genuinly concerned about your future and what your hair will look like if your native hair recedes beyond the transplants.

It would help me to evaluate you if you had hi def pics of your hairline and temples, as your hair looks strong around these areas, also, how much hair has your dad and your mums dad got?

Z

Zombikiller

Sparky wrote:
Its always the same with low hairlines on young guys, only the docs (crap ones) who want your money will do this and end up butchering you.
Ethical doctors wont do this as they will be genuinly concerned about your future and what your hair will look like if your native hair recedes beyond the transplants.

It would help me to evaluate you if you had hi def pics of your hairline and temples, as your hair looks strong around these areas, also, how much hair has your dad and your mums dad got?

Cheers bro.

Ill get hi def pics soon.

Hair is very strong around the temples and hairlines. Its basically no hair, then 100%, no gradual progression from 0 hair to 50% to 100%.

Dad has only receeded in the temples and still has hair on top and crown. Mums hair is 100%, pretty thick.

Mum father was bald so thats how i got the gene!

If you think my goal is too much at this time, how about just filling in the temples, and so straightening off my hairline as it is now?

;)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hey zombie killer, welcome to the forum dude.....imo (and this is only my opinion going on the pics posted) you are not suffering from mpb AT ALL ...so if i were you i would not get any kind of hair restoration done, as you simply dont need it dude.

Your approaching the mid twenties and your hairline is changing to compensate for your age thats all.....dude you have great hair;) enjoy it and think about doing something in another ten years if things take a turn for the worse;)

as sparky says it would be good to see closer hi def pics but i doubt it will change anything and if it does then i apologise but loads of people on the forums would pay thousands of $ to have your hair bro...its awesome

warm wishes bullit,

ps please dont take offence just trying to be honest;)

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
All good advice other than Dr Arvinds not sure what that was all about. At 25 you really dont want to make the same mistake many of us did around your age . Difference is you have great forums like this where as back in the day we didnt.So i would take in what Bullit and Sparky said . No good doc would even consider taking this on.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
As your hair is very thick, I dont think that brininging the temples down to straighten the hairline would be out of the question, but really need high def pics to see how your hairline looks up close. If its a good strong hairline with minimal to no miniturization, your have a much better chance of getting this done.

Really its all about where your hair could recede to in the future, being on Propecia would give docs more confidence in operating on you. I've seen HT's performed by good docs on people with more hair than you, so I think a smaller procedure could be done. Do some closer pics just bringing down the temples and a bit on the temple points and i'll photoshop them for you. I had more hair than you when I had my first HT but my first doc was a tosser.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
c-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

Its easier to photoshop your right side.

You would be better off with something like this otherwise you would look silly with a negative NW1 hairline at 60.

You may even find that this would look way better in person than the previous hairline, you dont want a girls hairline after all.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I didnt add loads to the above pics, for anyone else looking at them, probably 1500 grafts max.