• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Farjo clinic UK

A

andieje

Hello

I am thinking of having a hair transplant at the Farjo clinic in the UK. Does anyone have any experiences of this clinic

Thanks

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
They certainly have gotten better in the past few years but when it comes to cosmetic surgery you need to go to the best of the best. Period. Please do research on this site of the many docs that are profiled. I personally would never go to them.

NN

A

andieje

Sorry but I don't understand your answer. You say you wouldn't go to them. Do you mean you wouldn't go to the Farjo clinic? If so, why not? Who else do you consider to be better in the UK? I thought they were the best in the UK?

Thanks

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Not sure what was confusing about my answer. Yes, I would NOT go to Farjo clinic. You need to go outside of UK. You have to travel if you want to go to the better clinics. This is something that you will live with for the rest of your life.

There are approx. 6 clinics in the world that I would let touch me. If those clinics do not exist where I live I would travel--guess what--I did travel.

NN

A

andieje

Why wouldn't you go to the Farjo clinic? What's wrong with it? What do clinics outside the UK offer that this clinic does not have?

What clinic did you go to?

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
There are 1000's of physicians doing HT's worldwide. What is the difference between them all? SKILL level.

Have you ever seen a bad HT? You can spot it a mile away. It is very sad. I am not saying that Farjo is that bad but they are most certainly not the best.

I went to Dr. Ron Shapiro (SMG) in Minneapolis USA. There are some super physicians in Belgium.

NN

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Dont have an HT done in the UK, trust NN, he knows what hes talking about.

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Hello Andieje,
I agree with Nervousnelly. This is a procedure that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. Research is the key. If you do enough research I'm sure you will find a doctor with years of experience that can do a great procedure for you. Most doctors have free consultations meaning you can go into the office to speak with the doctor and ask any questions you want for free. There are some great clinics and doctors in Belgium and the US. I also heard that Shapiro is a good doctor in the US. In belgium I heard it is Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Bisanga, and Dr. Devroye. You can also go to the doctor's profile on the bottom of the first page and look at the doctor's results from the procedures they have performed. Good luck with your search.

www.mywhtc.com

A

andieje

Hi

How do I get a free consultation with a belgium doctor when I live in the UK? Do they do online or video conference consultations or do I have to take a daytrip to Belgium??

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Yes, you can do a online consultation. go to www.mywhtc.com and do a photo consultation. The doctor will call you with his recommendation.

www.mywhtc.com

R

richfrog

Valued member
Hi Andieje,
Im just starting to look at which Surgeon to go with aswell, Ive been to consultations at supposedly the top 2 in the UK Farjo and Rogers, Not knowing much about your situation but with what i needed doing Farjo was unable to help me as he does not do FUE or people with my level of hairloss. As for Rogers he does do FUE but didnt fill me with enough confidence to go with him. You only have to look online and on the Forums to see for yourself that the UK are behind when it comes to HTs add to this the pictures and stories from dodgy work that has been done in the UK its a no brainer really.
For the sake of a flight or Train journey to get the best result possible is exactly what im going to do.

My WHTC Hair Talk

My WHTC Hair Talk

Hi Andiej,

I see that you are having loss in your frontal hairline and temple areas. I would suggest you do alot of research and get an experiecned doctor that specilaizes in hairlines. Dr. Mwamba is one of the best doctors and is very experienced in hairlines. He will review your photo and recommend a graft number for you.

www.mywhtc.com

Last edited:
B

Bastion

Email your pictures to the doctors for their perusal and advice.

B

brian boru

Valued member
Hi,

I do have experience of the Farjo Clinic. In fact, I researched the HT options over a two year period, considered the relative merits of the US, Europe, Greece and South America, and the Farjo Clinic stood out by a mile.

Why? The skill of the surgeon, the artistry that was evident in his work and the entirely responsible manner in which he highlighted the genuine result he could obtain. Added to that, I found Dr Farjo to be a man who didn't resort to hyperbole, who has a great manner and inspires confidence.

My experience with Farjo has been one of sheer delight, not just on seeing the initial result but every single day since. And being a journalist, the success of the procedure actually prompted me to write a book.

Explore all the options, but consider this; the next magazine feature I write will highlight that the world of hair transplants is still incrediby precarious; there are numerous butchers and con men out there. Make sure you speak to people who've had successful treatments - at a realistic price for the work they have had carried out.

Good luck.

Brian

O

oberon

Valued member
Farjo Clinic charged me for a consultation which, although I paid, made me very cynical and cautious. I expect the conflict between the usual financial business constraints and ethical ideals are difficult but it destabilised me. The old adage 'you pay for your learning'hit home.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
brian boru wrote:
, I researched the HT options over a two year period, considered the relative merits of the US, Europe, Greece and South America, and the Farjo Clinic stood out by a mile.

Brian

hi brian i don't want to get into the age old debate of who is better as its an ongoing thing and a debate i don't want to get involved in, but with respect to yourself, i don't think its a fair assessment of other doctors in the US, Europe and South America to say Farjo stood out by a mile!!

I'm not knocking the Farjos ... i have seen some quality work on the forums of late... that being said i don't think you can really justify your above comments dude;)

You haven't personally been to every single doctor/clinic in these countries so how could you know they stand out a mile?.

At the end of the day its entirely up to the patient to do their OWN research and make an informed decision..........

I have been to the US to SMG and think they are fantastic and a world class outfit ...but i wouldn't say to anyone "don't go to any other physician( blatent butchers excluded)" based on my own great experience.

There are some great doctors/clinics out there and the beauty of these forums in my mind is that any potential HT patient gets to see result pictures from MANY clinics and can make their own minds up.

warm wishes bullit......ps good to have ya back on here!!;) any updates by the way?

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I think everyone has a right to their own opinions and certainly when a patient gets great results from a particular clinic, they think of that clinic as the best. If everyone had this thought, I think there would be less repair cases.

I did not get a transplant from the Farjo clinic but one of my experiences with them is the great help their technicians provided for our surgery demonstration couple of years ago at a ht conference. We did not like the staff help the hosting clinic provided so we called upon Dr. Farjo's techs as they were there for their own demonstration the day before. We couldn't have done it without their skilled techs to dissect the grafts. It was also their only day off to sightsee before leaving the state of Florida....truly a class act to help out.

Here's a link to that demo patient's results -

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=637&forum_id=16&highlight=2321

Last edited:
A

andieje

I did like the surgeon at the Farjo clinic but if you compare the photos of the procedures done in Belgium and the UK, they do seem to be able to achieve higher density abroad. Perhaps the Farjo clinic offer realism and other clinics showcase their best results which are the exception rather than the rule?