• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Finally decided! But..before i go.. is it the right time?

M

mrsolo

Hi everyone! I have been reading a lot around here, and I want to thank you for the amazing amount of informations on this subject.
I'm 40 years old and I have been contemplating a FUE for a while, and finally, due to lockdown and after reading many reviews here, I have decided to proceed and booked with Dr Arshad in Leeds. He seems to have proven very good results here in the forum, which is reassuring.
I have had a video call with another Dr at the clinic, who suggested I get 2000 grafts to repair my hairline. I have generally very thick hair, no crowing ( nor do my dad or brother, their hairline is quite receded but the rest is very thick) but the strange thing is that most of the loss is on one side only, although I can see thinning on the other as well.
Since I'm not going to take Finasteride or any other medications, I know there is risk of thinning ( only in the front like my dad and older brother) and maybe needing another procedure, which makes me think if is the right time to get a FUE now or I should wait a few years , but part of me really wants to get it done now, that nobody has noticed my hairline since I wear my hair quite long in the front.
So, that's why I decided to ask your opinion.. judging from the pics do you think my right side( the one where I havent experienced as much hairloss) could still be filled by grafts and maybe I won't need to retouch in the future? Or I have too much hair left there for the DR to be able to do anything?
Thank you so much for any input, it will put my mind at ease :)

Mark

Attachments

• Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.34 #2.jpg
    Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.34 #2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.34.jpg
    Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.34.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.33.jpg
    Photo on 10-12-2020 at 19.33.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 100
B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Only you can know if it’s the right time. I had my HT 5 months ago and had been researching for well over 7 years before hand. Research is key and no one should just jump into a HT. My procedure was performed by Dr Arshad and his team and I can say they were very professional and so far my HT is looking very good. Also the after care and support has been first class. Sommiya has been on the other end of the phone for any questions. My self confidence has rocketed since my HT and I’m glad I took the time to research and pick a good doctor and clinic

M

mrsolo

Yes you're right about the choice, thank you for your input!
I'm just wondering if they DR would have enough "room" to work on the side in which I haven't lost all the hair, to fill it up so maybe I won't need a second procedure in the future. All in I'd like to get this done in few weeks, just I wouldn't want it to do if it would be better to wait and see if the other hair goes.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
At 40 ’you seem to be have retained most of your hair. 2000 grafts will thicken that up and make it look like you’ve not lost any hair. Less grafts will be planted where there is thicker. You may even require less grafts on the day depending on what you and the doctor agree.
As for is now the right time. It has to be your choice. Without meds you may lose more hair but with regular monitoring you can keep it in check.

M

mrsolo

Thank you Bigmac, you have been super helpful for my searches and I appreciate your comment. I've decided to proceed, I shall start a thread to follow and hopefully will be useful for anybody that wants to know more about the Hair DR. Have a great sunday!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad the forum has helped you. I'll look forward to reading about your HT and following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.