• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Finasteride doseage

M

Mgre2643

Hi everyone been on 1mg of finasteride for coming up to a year now no side effects apart from slight ball ache at the start.

I'm looking at dropping down to .5mg a day does anyone have any experience with this as my hairloss isn't aggressive and would rather take the smallest amount now and if hairloss starts progressing again I can increase ?

My misses would like to try for another baby this year is it recommended to taper off and how long does it remain in your system for ?

Thanks

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend ,

I have reduced a 1mg a day to 0.5mg a day when I was on ship as I never expected to stay for such a long time during the pandemic , I never really seen any changes as such and as far as I am aware it stays in the system for at least a week , you can always try it but suggest you take good pictures first and then you can try lower dose for a month and then take pictures for comparison . You can always step back up to 1mg of things dont work out all the very best

Techno1

Techno1

I take .5mg per day with supplements. Seems to be working with no downsides.

M

Mgre2643

I have reduced my dosage to .5mg a day now for approximately 2 weeks I am starting to notice loss that I wouldn't of previously had when taking 1mg a day.

Is this just a shed where I have reduced the dosage?

I do remeber when first starting I had a shed also

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It could be a shed but can’t be certain. 2 weeks is fairly quick if it were loss starting. If you’re wanting to stay on this lower dose you’ll have to try it for a few more weeks/months to see what happens.

M

MaxMidlander

Been using 1mg every day now for 2 weeks and feel fine . I just hope I grow some hair back ! I'm approaching 50 and don't know if it might be to late

D

Denmarkhair

Taking it every other day is fine also. Most men maintain