• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Free DHI Session offered by DHI Scotland

W

wild_west

Valued member
Hello everyone,

I am 40 years old and I live in Glasgow. Last year I was the winner of the DHI competition, receiving a free DHI session. The free session took place on Friday the 24th of June at the VIP clinic in Glasgow.

I want to share my experience with you.

I had a consultation with DHI on the morning of my treatment to ensure I was happy with what we had discussed in previous consultations. Once I was prepped (my hair was shaved off to a grade 1) my new hairline was created and drawn on, I was able to give my feedback to ensure I was happy with it. I was a little nervous but excited before heading in to have my donor hair extracted and ready for the transplant, but I can honestly say I did not feel a single thing. I lay face down and was very relaxed and comfortable throughout the procedure. Once the donor hair had been extracted, we stopped and had a 30 minute lunch break which was lovely. After lunch, I was able to lie on my back and watch TV for the rest of the procedure, which once again was painless and very comfortable as they transferred the donor hair to its new location. Once the doctors had finished with the direct hair transplant I was bandaged up and ready to head home. Surprisingly still in no pain at all. The doctor implanted 3.362 hairs to reconstruct my hairline. The morning after my treatment I returned to the DHI Glasgow clinic to have my bandages removed.

Over the next 10 days, I could see my new hair grow and blend with my old hairline sooner than I had expected. My scalp was still a little red but was healing nicely and the donor area at the back of my head was now hardly noticeable. I was very careful and stuck to my aftercare routine of spaying my head to keep it moist. After the first 10 days of having my direct hair transplant, I headed back to DHI Glasgow for a few more photos to document the results. After 3 months my hair had grown so fast that I had a full new natural hairline which was incredible. For the first time in years, I was able to have my hair cut in a style I wanted, rather than one that hid my old receding hairline. Even my hairdresser couldn`t believe how natural the transplant was. The new hair flows with my old hair seamlessly and you would never know I have had a direct hair transplant. Even after only 3 months, I was so happy and confident with my new hair.

I am surprised at how natural my hair looks 9 months after my DHI treatment. Now at the 9 month mark, I have full coverage and my hairline is dense with a natural flow. I am at last able to have a variety of hairstyles including some old favourites I 've not been able to have for many years.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Wild West. Welcome to the forum. Your hair is looking great, you must be happy.

How many grafts did you get?

reddude

reddude

Valued member
Think this might answer your question.Patient is 41 now I think. Work took place June 2016. https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=9134&forum_id=47&highlight=Dhi+1200+grafts

reddude

reddude

Valued member
http://dhiscotland.com/articles/dhi-cases/101-ian-west-the-experience

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome to the forum Wild west, i have to agree with Bigmac your hair does look very good, it has transformed your appearance by framing your face better and made you look a lot younger in my opinion.
Framing the face with a nice hairline is such an important aspect of a Hair transplant and done well it can take years of a patient.
Thanks for posting the Pics dude;)

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Great results here mate thanks for posting you must be well chuffed design is excellent and frames your face perfectly great stuff

Cheers
Daz

W

wild_west

Valued member
Thank you all. As i said the doctor implanted 3.362 hairs. Sure i'm happy..also because it's not noticeable.

reddude

reddude

Valued member
Nice work. Bit confused though cos this was posted before with different figures. So someone needs to check their facts.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-09-07-10-17-04.png.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-09-07-10-17-04.png.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 796
W

wild_west

Valued member
Apparently there has been a mistake. Here is a screen shot with the corrected number of grafts.

Attachments

• IMG_2676.PNG.jpg
    IMG_2676.PNG.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 710
W

wild_west

Valued member
Hello everyone. Here are some new photos from my 12month evaluation appointment at the DHI Glasgow Clinic.

FFZmkkn.jpg

LKedaQ6.jpg

LGf7K1b.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good. What have your friends and family said about it?

W

wild_west

Valued member
My friends who dont really know me that well can't actually believe that I have done a hair transplant and those friends that do know me well, they are so surprised by how natural the results are.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Congratulations Mate looking great;) thanks for sharing with us, just great to see happy patients when they get their expectations met awesome
cheers
Daz

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Happy for you, the beaming smile says it all.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks good. The hairline frames your face nicely and makes you look younger.

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Considering DHI myself (amongst others) If i got a result half as good as this i'd be bouncing of the ceiling with joy.