• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE (1700 grafts) with Dr. Feriduni

E

ElCielo

Dear community,
I am happy to share my personal experience with Dr. Feriduni end of January 2017.
I will try to keep my post as short as possible to provide you with the most important information.

My hair loss:
It started at the age of 19 with a receding hairline (I am 33 now). I have been using minoxidil 5% and finasteride since 10 years. Slight miniaturisation on the vertex developed and receding progressed to NW3 over the years but no dramatic change.

Consultation:
Dr. Feriduni is really a great person. Very knowledgeable and still moderate. Easy to get along with. I have had another consultation with a different recommended physician before, but I felt much more confident with Dr. Feriduni. He gives you a great insight and has a great talent for hairlines (e.g. he acknowledged my slightly asymmetrical position of my eyebrows).My goal was to reinforce my hairline. I wanted to stay conservative and minimize the risks of the procedure. Furthermore, a slightly receding hairline fits well to my facial features. Dr. Feriduni had the same in mind and directly nailed a great hairline design. So we finally agreed on 1600 - 1800 grafts.

Surgery:
Started early at 7:30 am. Extractions were performed by Dr. Feriduni and an experienced technician. Incisions by Dr. Feriduni and implantation by 2 technicians were fast. The last hairline round with Dr. Feriduni and 1 technician in "stick and place" technique was performed. We were finished at around 2pm. 1706 grafts were finally placed.

Accommodation:
I stayed at the guesthouse provided by the clinic. A very beautifully equipped modern house in the calm neighbourhood of the clinic. As I stayed there alone at the weekend I got a room upgrade and had the whole house for myself. It was a great stay for me. A taxi was provided by Dr. Feriduni for the day of surgery.

Post-op:
Had a hair wash on Saturday and Monday by the clinic and a final appointment with Dr. Feriduni. Everything was fine. The surgery itself was without any problems, graft quality was voted 9/10.Coming back home, one starts getting a little paranoid about details, but in general there were no issues. I stayed at home most of the time (first 2 weeks) but was not shy to go in the supermarket or a restaurant without a hat. Scabbing was the most irritating part, but with using the hair spray solution provided by the clinic there was no itching. I got rid of the scabs on day 12/13 by putting on shampoo (provided by clinic) for 40min and showering afterwards.

I nearly kept all of the grafts after losing my scabs and there is nearly no redness seen. The donor area is flawless.

I am in my third week now and continuously shedding the grafts. I have started applying minoxidil foam 2xday since day 15.

Medications/supplement:
- Rogaine foam 2xday
- Finasteride 1.75 mg/day
- Vitamins (provided by clinic) and "Pillfood" supplement 3xday
- MSM 1200 2 x day
- Biotin 10mg/day

What I learned/recommendations:
- there is a difference in the punch outer diameter for the same punch size provided by different companies. So a 0.8 punch may lead to a different size of wounds depending on the company that produces the punch.
- I did not drink much the morning of the surgery as I knew I will get some i.v. saline solution. So I had to use the washing room just once. Avoid coffee!
- really give your best to stay calm and try not to move during surgery. Giving my best to keep the surgery as short as possible was important for me.
- Drink a lot after surgery, at least 1.5l water. It helps getting rid of the swelling earlier.

I will update you on my progress in the following weeks. As everyone knows it is a rollercoaster ride of feelings during the process, sometimes with doubts about the outcome, sometimes very optimistic.

I am very happy and thankful for the effort by Dr. Feriduni and his great staff. I always felt reassured and had a truly great experience with the team. I am a physician myself and therefore provided with some deeper insights in the medical field, nevertheless, I am still really astounded how orchestrated the procedure went and how detailed the hair placement turned out.

So let us see how it will develop in the coming months.

Special thanks to chrisis for his support!

E

ElCielo

Pre-op situation and hairline design

7563_161027_070000000.png

1 day post op

Attachments

• Dr Feriduni FUE.jpg
    Dr Feriduni FUE.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,759
E

ElCielo

Donor and Recipient area 1 day post op.

7563_161022_320000001.jpg

(2-4) status 2 weeks post-op

Attachments

• Napkin 4 16-02-17 11.12.18 AM.png.jpg
    Napkin 4 16-02-17 11.12.18 AM.png.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,549
chrisis

chrisis

Valued member
Thank you for sharing your experience, JRCore17!

I'm glad everything went smoothly and look forward to your progress.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JRcore17.
Thanks for joining the forum and sharing your experience. The work looks very good, just what I expect from Dr Feriduni and his team. The number of grafts will make a nice difference to your appearance and they finished at a nice early time for you. Staying in the apartment sounds very relaxing, somewhere you can chill.
I`m looking forward to following your progress.
Heal and grow well.

F

FUE GUY

valued member
I enjoyed reading your post. Congratulations on your transplant, it looks sweet.

E

ElCielo

Today marks exactly 3 weeks after my hair transplant.

Entered the ugly duckling phase now.

I have developed shock-loss in the central forelock area which was mapped without signs of miniaturisation before the surgery.

Furthermore I lost around 40% of the implanted grafts.

Attachments

• Napkin 17-02-17 8.06.35 AM.png.jpg
    Napkin 17-02-17 8.06.35 AM.png.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,629
E

ElCielo

Changes after 21 days:

Attachments

• Napkin 18-02-17 6.30.32 AM.png.jpg
    Napkin 18-02-17 6.30.32 AM.png.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,547
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks right on track for 3 weeks. Shockloss is quite common, hopefully it returns quickly to get you past the ugly duckling stage.
Thanks for the update.

S

Save my Hair

valued member
JRcore17.... I like the look of your new hairline design. The staggered/feathered look seem to produce the most natural results going by the patient results I`m viewing.
I note you`ve been using Propecia and Minoxidil for 10 years with a stabilising outcome. Have you ever suffered any side effects from it?
The reason I ask. I need to get my hair loss under control before I can undergo a hair transplant, sides are something I`m thinking about before giving it a try.
Thanks for posting your story.

E

ElCielo

Hi Save my Hair,
I have not had any side effects from Minoxidil.Finasteride is a little bit different as I had some side effects when I used a higher dose of 2.5mg daily after I saw some progression of my receding hair line. So side effects are possible but I have the impression that these are dose dependent and in my individual case were reversible after reducing the dose. It is a very personal decision how much risk you want to take for keeping your hair. In general with the recommended or even lower dose chances for side effects are low, but nevertheless cannot 100% be excluded.

B

Bastion

Congratulations on your surgery.
It will be nice to see your hairline restored, giving a fuller look to your appearance.

S

Save my Hair

valued member
JRCore17 wrote:
Hi Save my Hair,
I have not had any side effects from Minoxidil.Finasteride is a little bit different as I had some side effects when I used a higher dose of 2.5mg daily after I saw some progression of my receding hair line. So side effects are possible but I have the impression that these are dose dependent and in my individual case were reversible after reducing the dose. It is a very personal decision how much risk you want to take for keeping your hair. In general with the recommended or even lower dose chances for side effects are low, but nevertheless cannot 100% be excluded.

Thanks, toying around with the dosage could be the way to go.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Congrats on your recent surgery, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looks like your going to have a great new hairline and I look forward to seeing this grow in.
Warm wishes BN

E

ElCielo

Thank you very much for all of your interest!
Nothing new to report 4 weeks after the surgery. I have shed some more of the grafts and I am applying Rogaine foam 2x/day. This led to a slight increase in redness of the recipient area, but with Aloe vera gel and some moisturising lotion it still looks ok. At the moment I cannot believe that there (hopefully) will be new hair growth in the near future as the recipient area looks very frayed. Let ´s see!

S

Save my Hair

valued member
The waiting for new growth to appear seems like a difficult time many patients face, stuck in limbo, watching and feeling their heads in anticipation.

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica Clinic

Cosmedica UK
Its the wait that kills you. But time does fly and I am sure that in time you will have the results you want. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress

E

ElCielo

Thank you!

I think I have reached the lowest point of this process in the last days and I am starting seeing an improvement in my overall appearance due to continous regrowth of my original hair. I am starting to look like pre-surgery again, albeit still with a shorter hair cut.

Best Regards

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear your original hair is growing back and you're beginning to look the same as pre op.
Soon enough this will all be a distant memory when your new growth is coming through.

E

ElCielo

So far no real changes to see. Some pimples in the recipient area during the last days as possible early signs of growth. My original hair has grown back considerably. Waiting for signs of improvement in the next weeks.