• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE 5220 - Hattingen Hair

Y

Yondu

Hello everybody,

About my case history

I am 34 years old and I have brown hair. I first noticed that my hair was getting thinner and thinner around 8-9 years ago. At the back of the head it started 5 years ago, but advanced more rapidly. The laterals sides of the hairline started sometime in my early 20s. But that didn't bother me that much, it's just seemed a natural process. It progressively advanced until the hairline was no more than an isolated island surrounded by a sea of bald skin.

For the past 12 months, I've only been walking around wearing caps. Which is okay now and then. But all the time !? It annoyed me a lot, although I like caps.

So I decided to have a hair transplant. I gathered information in several forums over the past few years. I'm really happy that I took my time, otherwise things would have gone differently. I would probably have done a HT much earlier and may now have to correct it (such stories abound). I almost had the hair removed by a robot. It was advertised as the absolute top of the line in a clinic. A manual removal by a professional convinced me more.

Selection of the surgeon / clinic:

After my own research on the Internet and in some forums, the following doctors and clinics came into question for me: Hattingen Hair, Dr. Feriduni, HLC, Dr. Koray, Dr. Demirsoy and Kö Hair

From Dr. Muresanu (Hattingen Hair) and by Dr. Feriduni, I got the most professional feedback. I felt that I would be in good hands there. But knew in advance that they would also be the most expensive.

HLC, Dr. Koray, and Dr. Demirsoy were ok too. I can't say anything bad about it. I actually wanted to spare myself Turkey because of the language, flight, temperatures, and possible follow-up treatment. In my case, these options would not have been cheap either.

The contact with Kö Hair was just a joke. In response, I received a Super Summer Special. Not even half a page. Without information or analysis. Instead of 5000 grafts, like all other clinics, they only recommended 3000 grafts. And that at a dumping price with an overnight stay, etc. I'm still waiting for a response to my complaint about this dubious offer.

Well ... with the doctors I got in touch with Dr.Muresanu responded very quickly by email. I've always found the conversations very pleasant. We then had a casual Skype conversation relatively quickly, in which he took a look at my “construction” site, explained a lot of the thoughts behind his recommendation and answered my questions. With such a large number of grafts, I was actually recommended FUT.

Next, we made an appointment for a personal consultation in a hotel in Düsseldorf. Here he took a close look at my problem area and donor area. Under a special magnifying instrument, he could see my density and said that I have above average density and very nice follicular units, and that I was therefore eligible for FUE. Here he also clarified that large FUE sessions don't make sense for everyone. So now I was very relieved because I actually wanted FUE, and a few days later we made an appointment for August 2020.

Arrival / overnight

To get there I had to drive about 600km by car. I have planned the trip as a one week vacation with my family in advance. I can only recommend anyone who has never been to Lake Constance, Rhine Falls, Mainau Island, Constance, etc. We reserved a vacation home in Rialasingen-Worblingen for this. In terms of costs, the German side was exactly right. Switzerland is really very expensive when it comes to hotels/restaurants. I drove to Schaffhausen for about 30 minutes. Because of customs and looking for a parking space, I always left 1 hour in advance.

First day of surgery approx. 2400 grafts

Dr. Muresanu met me at the clinic at 7 a.m. We had a casual conversation beforehand which took away my nervousness.

And then it began. I was given a light surgical shirt and shoes. First the hair was shaved off and I was given medication (painkillers and a pill to relieve nervousness). Then the hairline was drawn. This point was very important to me. We talked a little about what is feasible and what makes sense for the future. The hairline was placed about 0.5-1cm behind my front hairline in case it should go back in the future.

Around 8 a.m.the rest of the team arrived together with Dr.Laura Muresanu.

I was placed on my stomach and then everything went very quickly, a couple of injections were given, which I found rather uncomfortable...still better with the anesthetic then without . That was the greatest discomfort during the entire operation. Next the extraction from the donor area began. After a few were removed I was “turned” over and the recipient slits were prepared followed by immediate insertion of the previously removed FU`s. You can tell that the whole team works very well and smooth together. I had a lunch break between noon and 1 p.m. I could choose between different dishes.

This intermittent rhythm continued for the rest of the day. Removal and insert transplants. I had no pain. I had imagined the operation to be much worse. We finished around 5pm. I was given a bandage, compresses and a pirate bandana. In addition, saline solution in a spray bottle to keep the grafts moist every 2 hours. And pain relievers for the night.

I slept uncomfortably because of the required sleeping position on the back. After such an operation with a neck pillow, sleeping on your back at a 45 degree angle, sucks.

Second day of surgery approx. 2800 grafts

Basically just like the 1st day of surgery. Only instead of the preliminary talk etc. the hair was washed briefly. Here I was very afraid that the transplants would be destroyed directly. I fully trusted Mr. Muresanu and his team. Overall, the 2nd day was an hour shorter. A total of 5000 grafts were planned. An additional 220 grafts could be removed that were used for fine tuning. At the end of the day I received a folder with all the important information about care for the next few days, such as a PH-neutral shampoo, an ointment for the donor area and one for the recipient area.

Third day - follow-up check

Finally, I came again the next morning for a quick follow-up check. I have been carefully washed the recipient zone and donor area. Then I was informed how I should best behave for the next 2 weeks and how I care for the recipient zone. The last open questions were answered by Dr. Muresanu.

Overall, I felt very comfortable and in professional hands at Hattingen Hair.

Haircount: FUE 24.-25.08.2020
1. 431 431
2. 2298 4593
3. 2215 6645
4. 276 1104
Total: 5220 12776
Avg.Rate: 2,47

Attachments

• Vorher Front 1.jpg
    Vorher Front 1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Vorher Oben 12.jpg
    Vorher Oben 12.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Vorher Rechte Seite 1.jpg
    Vorher Rechte Seite 1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Vorher Seite Links 1.jpg
    Vorher Seite Links 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Von Hinten vor der OP.png
    Von Hinten vor der OP.png
    743.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Vorher Oben 23.JPG
    Vorher Oben 23.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 279
Y

Yondu

After the operation

Attachments

• Von Oben nach der OP Bild 1.png
    Von Oben nach der OP Bild 1.png
    984.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Von Oben nach der OP Bild 2.png
    Von Oben nach der OP Bild 2.png
    998.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Von Vorne nach der OP.png
    Von Vorne nach der OP.png
    886 KB · Views: 281
  • Von der Seite nach der OP Bild 1.png
    Von der Seite nach der OP Bild 1.png
    885.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Von der Seite nach der OP Bild 2.png
    Von der Seite nach der OP Bild 2.png
    807.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Von Hinten nach der OP.png
    Von Hinten nach der OP.png
    963.8 KB · Views: 314
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Yondu. I`m pleased it helped you while researching.
I enjoyed reading your story. I can relate to Switzerland hotels being expensive. When I visited Hattingen clinic we went across the border to Germany to sample the cost savings and good food.
It`s good to hear your surgery went smoothly over the 2 days as you got a lot of grafts. The work looks great, very neat and clean. I`m sure it will produce a fantastic result for you. The sleeping at an angle and spraying is a pain but worth it and soon forgotten.
I`ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

F

Forelock

This looks awesome. I reckon by day 6 it'll be difficult to see you had something done.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You picked a top clinic for sure, the work looks awesome just like all their work I've seen. Please please keep us updated with your progression dude.

Y

Yondu

Today there is finally an update after 14 weeks.

The first hairs start to grow thin. Otherwise my head has recovered very well. Last week I went to the dermatologist who didn't find anything abnormal.

However, my extraction point at the back of my head looks a lot lighter than before. So far I've always shaved off my hair on the sides and back myself. I hope this is a quirk. Otherwise I hope the job recovers. Next time I'll take photos before i shaving.

Then I noticed the last few days that I lose a lot of long hair when i washing my hair. About 20-30 hairs.

Is that still normal now?
Or what could that be?

My diet is actually very balanced and I don't smoke. Since I noticed this, I drink a lot more water, eat vegetables, lots of fruit, vegetable protein, nuts, etc. regularly.

Attachments

• Foto 1.png
    Foto 1.png
    905.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Foto 3.png
    Foto 3.png
    979.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Foto 4.png
    Foto 4.png
    729.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Foto 5.png
    Foto 5.png
    795.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Foto 6.png
    Foto 6.png
    897.2 KB · Views: 306
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Yondu.
This is the beginning of your new growth. 3 months plus is the average start time.
Your donor looks like it may have had some shock loss in that one area, this should recover in the coming months. 20-30 hairs what you see while washing your hair is completely normal.
Stick to your healthy diet, try not to worry and your hair will keep improving.
Thanks for the update.

Y

Yondu

Hi Bigmac.
Thank you for the encouraging words.
I will keep you updated.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks as I`m looking forward to following your journey and seeing your final result.

Y

Yondu

Update after 5 months

I would be interested in your opinion.

Attachments

• Von Oben 1.png
    Von Oben 1.png
    672.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Vom Oben 2.png
    Vom Oben 2.png
    714 KB · Views: 252
  • Von Hinten.png
    Von Hinten.png
    767.4 KB · Views: 304
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Your growth looks fantastic so far. The crown is a bit behind the front but everyone says crowns take a bit longer to grow. Has the hairline grown on both sides of your temples making it complete with no hairless parts?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
At 5 months you`ve had good early growth. Your donor area looks healthy with no sign of hair being removed.
Are you happy with your progress ?

Y

Yondu

I am satisfied for the first 5 months. Of course, everything has to be much denser.
But I think that will happen in the next few months.
I will definitely keep you posted.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you`re happy so far.
I`m looking forward to seeing the final result.

Y

Yondu

Hello everybody,
I'm sorry I haven't updated anything in a long time. I had to study for my thesis in the last 3 months.
I will therefore gradually update my growth progress.

Today's photos show my status after 7 months.

Attachments

• Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    865.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Bild 2.png
    Bild 2.png
    979.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Bild 3.png
    Bild 3.png
    870 KB · Views: 234
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You're making great progress, the growth looks very good. Any chance you could show your hairline?