• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE: Bent hair follicle / root?

F

fuetransplant2020

From day 6 of my FUE transplant I began massaging the recipent area and rubbing in circular motions to remove scabs.

Firstly, I've noticed a lot of hairs are being plucked out with the scabs is this normal for hairs to come out from day 6 or does this mean I've been massaging too hard and that I could be pulling out the follicles/roots?

Secondly, I've also noticed a lot of the hairs that have come out are really bent at the root (picture attached),does anyone know why they are like this and what this means? does it mean they were inserted badly and damaged? Would this affect the follicle/route/regrowth?

Also does the root look like it contains the follicle or is that just the hair shaft with root/follicle still in tact?

Thank you

Attachments

• Bent hair follicle.jpg
    Bent hair follicle.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,738
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there.
The incision sites where grafts have been transplanted will form scabs anywhere from 1 to 3 days post op. When they begin to shed you may see hairs with a bend like the image you have posted, hairs that are straight, some may just be a hair shaft, some may be embedded in scab and some may have what appears to be the bulb attached. These are all normal scenarios.

After day 4 the grafts are securely in place. The bit that matters is the dermal papilla otherwise known as the bulb which will be sitting firmly in place waiting to go through the growth cycle.

As for direction you cant tell be these shed hairs, you will have to wait and see. Hopefully, your research lead you to a competent clinic who do good work.

How many grafts did you get?