• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE Donor Depletion

O

OlegKex

What is a safe number of grafts that can be extracted from your donor area before it looks thinner or over-harvested?

Like in this picture I found online.

Depleted donor zone.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The number depends on your donor density. It will vary from one patient to another.

M

mania

Yes definitely the it's totally depends upone the density of the donor area..

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
As explained, donor availability completely depends on a patients donor density and other potential restrictions such as retrograde alopecia or loss in the lower crown.
The photo provided has clearly been extracted at a "hair mill" style clinic with no donor management protocols or even basic understanding of the donor area. You can see that extractions were focused only on the occipital area, and even with just this one photo, you can see that the donor area in the mastoid does not appear to have been touched, which only further highlights the discrepancy in density.
This is the risk of low cost surgery with technician led clinics.
Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 16.56.29.png

Y

yogeshmander

What is a safe number of grafts that can be extracted from your donor area before it looks thinner or over-harvested?

Like in this picture I found online.

View attachment 18024
I agree with other forum members that number of grafts depends varies person to person donor area. Different types of baldness area have different quantity of grafts.