• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE Donor Management

Hattingen Hair

Hattingen Hair

Valued member
The harvesting method is not a matter of taste but a matter of necessity. Every patient has different characteristics and these should be taken into account when deciding on the best technique that should be employed. An educated extraction pattern and donor management are vital to sustaining good donor management with FUE, especially when the demand for hair is high in the recipient area.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Very important video this and one anyone interested in FUE would benefit from seeing before they have surgery.
Very educational thanks for sharing

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`m seeing a lot more overharvested donor areas now. Too many clinics who don`t plan for future loss. They simply give the patient what he wants now with no consideration for what they will look like in a few years.

Reactions: sl
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Couldn't agree more with this video and as someone who has undergone a lot of FUE I know first-hand how important this aspect is.

I am seeing a lot of overly condensed extractions with no pattern nor thought for the patient, but more to get the easier FU in denser areas and not even cherry picking for a refined hair line. I see cases that get great reviews from some users yet I truly say "ouch" when I see the extractions and I do really wonder what some people are looking at.

I hope that videos like this will educate people more and more to what really should be the standard. To the trained eye you will really see huge differences once you realise what to look for, so not all FUE is equal and one factor is harvesting and donor management and I hope patients also start to take into consideration more of these factors.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Nice educational video @Hattingen Hair. Anything that can help the hair loss sufferer to understand the intricacies and importance behind planning and technique. This is one of the huge issues apparent today due to unethical surgeons and clinics just looking to prey on vulnerable individuals. They have no interest in the long term situation of the patient.
Do your research!

M

mania

Yeah I am totally agree that different patient have different kinds of hair characteristic that vary from person person that to deal them differently ..

Hattingen Hair

Hattingen Hair

Valued member
Thank you guys for your input. Overharvested with no thought of future progressive hair loss is a worrying trend.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Great video.
Some clinics, mostly top clinics, have a plan for both the balding area AS WELL as the donor area.
That is where we see sooooo many problems coming from clinics that only plan for short term (profits).