• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE Graft Picture

H

hairtech

Hello,

This is a picture I wanted to post from our FUE patient today. This particular patient had a large number of 2's, 3,s, and 4,s. We used a 0.9mm punch. Our range is from 0.8mm to 1.0mm. However most of the time the 0.9mm can achieve most all graft sizes.

Attachments

• IMG_2672[1].JPG
    IMG_2672[1].JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,349
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
great picture dude thanks for posting....thats some magnification and clear as day;)

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

How is there no tissue surrounding the bulbs on these grafts?

H

hairtech

That is a great question. FUE grafts come like that as they are extracted.

Here is a pic in the middle of the extraction process. We immediately put them in hyperthermosol (our chosed holding solution)

Attachments

• fue.jpg
    fue.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,420
Last edited:
H

hairtech

Westcoaster,

Dr. Shapiro wanted me to add this as an additional answer to your question. He emailed this so I will quote him.

"...By the way it may be worth pointing out to the posters who replied to your photo of our grafts that because intrinsically grafts come out with less tissue in FUE ( because they are pulled out) that they are more fragile so even if there is no transaction they have to be handled more gently. There is an increased RISK of trauma to these grafts which could affect growth rate and survival. This can be overcome but it takes using the right holding solutions and great skill with gentle placing, controlling dehydration etc.

There is less risk with strip FUT because these grafts have more tissue so it is easier to get consistent results with respect to density. This is not to say that you can €™t get the same density with FUE but that it is harder and there is a greater risk of problems and you will see more instances of this."

Ron Shapiro, MD

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
But how many grafts can realistically be taken from the donor area without it becoming notably thin....I think anything more then say 2000-2500 would and should be the max...

Cole believes even with strip the donor density will look the same regardless of the amount of grafts.......say 5000 or more as the donor scalp will stretch.......

Is this true?

P

pvtpoint2010

Valued member
Cole told me that most should stop around 3500 CIT's as it will then start to look moth eaten...In my opinion this is also a large number of graphs to be taken via CIT without donor replenishing with BHT ......Cole said also that even with taking 5000 graphs with a strip your donor density will look the same as taking 5000 CIT as the area will stretch out giving the same overall density.....

Most people should come to realize that to really get a decent T-plant result you must have at least 7000-8000 graphs available over your lifetime and some may need more.....

Anything less unless you don't progress past a norwood 3 will need the total amount ...........

And when was the last time you saw a half bald guy!......most loose in the end...

H

hairtech

More pics from today's FUE. This patient has a plethora of 4's, 5's and even a few 6's. All taken with a 0.09mm punch. His donor grafts were tightly packed.

Attachments

• dense.jpg
    dense.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,191
H

hairtech

Donor Density pic.

Attachments

• donor.jpg
    donor.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,201
H

hairtech

Recipient density hairline case.

Attachments

• dens.jpg
    dens.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,177
K

karmenelec

Valued member
How was this patient's donor overall? He had lots of 4s and 5s, but did he have good FU density as well?

H

hairtech

Good question... His density was at the low end of average but he was one of those guys that had a high number of hairs per graft. The courseness was average. The same effect is seen with guys that have a less than average density but an overall higher courseness. And again the same effect can be seen in a person that has a low density, good courseness, but wavy or curly hair.

H

hairtech

This is an FUE drill that Dr. Harris in Colorado devised. It is based on his S.A.F.E. technology he invented years back. The device uses a blunt punch tip as apposed to a sharp punch. The idea behind the blunt punch is to decrease transections and decrease oozing by not cutting through vessels and/or follicles. A sharp punch has a somewhat increased chance of transections.

However sharp punches are just as effective in experienced hands. Anyway I thought this machine is worth mentioning. There are other drills such as the Feller drill, Devroyes drill, the Neograft drill, and others.

Attachments

• harris.jpg
    harris.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:
C

Claude

I read a blog from a patient who says his transplant from Dr Harris is shit. Hairtech what are your thoughts on this drill, would you recomend it.