• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE Hair Transplant with Dr Arshad @ Hair Dr Clinic

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Introduction:
Hello I am Michael from Leeds, age 32 and I had a FUE hair transplant with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury back in February 2018. I have had amazing results, compliments and feel great! So I decided to have a go at doing a forum of my story to show, advise and answer any questions for other people out there who have just had the procedure done or considering it. I have a Instagram page of my Hair transplant story which I blog about it, If interested in that search "mikes_fue_story. So I will start my story with a before and current 9 months on photo and a brief account of why I had the procedure done, and kinda a little introduction. Then I will go back to the begging and give a detailed account of my story.
I hope you enjoy reading and that it helps you with your own hair loss worries or concerns post procedure. I am no professional and will advise you best to my knowledge and from my experience.
Ok.. so my profile picture already shows you I have a great hairline again and great density which is why i am starting this way. I used to have long hair in my early to mid 20's and around age 26 I cut it short and noticed along with family and friends say " receding a bit there Michael" and I thought it just because I had gone from long hair to cutting it short so didnt think of it as a issue. getting closer to 30 I knew i was thinning and receding at the temples and often looked into ways to resolve this. Me been weird and into these things I always knew about hair transplants when i wasn't receding. I never liked the FUT method and the having a linear scar. So I already knew about the FUE hair transplant method and was intrigued and would watch videos of the procedure ect. Last years (2017) Christmas dinner with family conversation started about my hairline and that " I was the last in the family people would think would loose his hair" And just as I thought they made comments like I still had a lot of hair still on top and its just receding. I then told them I had actually been thinking of going to see a couple of surgeons for their opinion and quotes, Having a idea of price and amount Id need. Family agreed and said "why not" so in new year I filled in online on 2 websites and awaited their responses. Only the Hair Dr Clinic responded and so I sent in photos, to which they replied to a day later and gave me a rough quote and set up a face to face consultation with Dr Arshad. When I arrived and was met with a warm welcoming and friendly Sommiya who is the Practice manager and she took me to the office where I was met with Dr Arshad.
I will pause the story there like I say I will go back to the beginning and give a more detailed account and photos of that stage. If you can not wait then again look up my Instagram mikes_fue_story and see pictures there and feel free to message me there.
The picture I have uploaded with this post shows you my hair before FUE procedure with the receding hairline and temples compared to now 9 months + on... Think you would agree there is a MASSIVE difference!! Briefly.. as I will go into more detail in future posts, I was unhappy I was loosing my hair so young... we all do/are. I did not feel I was down and depressed about it but I know I missed it, worried what I would look like bald, felt I still had too much hair to be shaving it down every other day and I know I did not like looking at pictures as been fair haired and lighting I look more bald than what I saw in the mirror. But as soon as the procedure was finished and I was led back to Dr Arshad's office to do the big reveal... I saw a new man in the mirror! I aint the most confident of people but I immediately felt more confident and so much happier as I could see a new full hairline on my head!

Hope this has been a nice introduction to my experience and story and I will add more detailed posts and photos soon. I am just happy to talk about it and help advise anyone going through hair loss and considering the procedure. Without sounding cheesy and big headed but this before and after photo speaks for itself and shows you my amazing results so far and the fantastic work of Dr Arshad and the Hair Dr team.
Thank you
Michael

Attachments

• before%2F9months.jpg
    before%2F9months.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,653
Last edited:
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day of my FUE Hair Transplant with Dr Arshad @ the Hair Dr Clinic
February 18th 2018, Today is the day of my FUE hair transplant and I am feeling very excited and relaxed, no nerves or worries. I arrive in good time at the Hamilton Medical centre in Dewsbury which is the location of the Hair Dr Clinic. I enter the reception just before 9am after the 20mins drive from Leeds and am greeted by Julia who is a nice bubbly character and made me feel very welcoming. Sommiya then comes and collects me from reception and brings me to Dr Arshad's office where he awaits my arrival. Both great me professionally and inviting which make me feel very comfortable like I was visiting friends. They was no rush or intimidating medial chat and terms. We discussed the procedure and expectations again and went over the paperwork and I was given some medication to relax me for the procedure. We then discussed the hairline and Dr Arshad began to measure and draw the hairline on, making adjustments to my desire and his professional advice. We wanted a "wavy" natural looking hairline and I could get a good idea of how it would look. Excitement was kicking in now and I was ready to begin.
We all then moved down to the theatre which was not intimidating at all and was very sterile and state of the art. Helen, the nurse practitioner was already in the room ready to shave my head for the procedure and then I was invited to lay face down on the operating bed which was comfortable. Dr Arshad then began cleaning my head followed by the numbing injections which I can describe as like the ones a dentist gives you. Where u feel a slight scratch and few seconds later you feel nothing. I had a few of these around the back of my head where Dr Arshad was going to take donations from. Once it was all numb it was a weird and interesting feeling to me like it was ice or concrete as I couldn't feel anything on the numbed areas but was aware of it. Dr Arshad then began to harvest the donor follicles by using a device that cuts around the follicle up to 1mm in diameter and then using small forceps Helen would gently pull them out and put into a dish of solution which cleans and protects the follicles. This first part of the procedure takes up to 3 or 4 hours and I was kept comfortable and informed throughout. Dr Arshad and Helen told me a number of time I had perfect donor hair, the texture and numerous hairs in the follicle was great and I will get amazing results. At the end of this stage after 3 - 4 hours we was about to take a break for lunch. Sommiya had counted up all the grafts taken and was over 4,000 and I was like WOW as I was quoted 2,500 to restore my hairline but because my donor hairs was great we agreed to use the remaining grafts to back my hair right up to my crown and also correct my double crown that span opposite directions which would give the appearance of thinning. We had spoken about my crown in consultation too so it was something I was aware of. We then had lunch together in the canteen and there was a big fancy pool table too which I watched a entertaining game between Helen and Julia.
After lunch we returned to the theatre room and now I was in a sat up reclined position facing a big TV which I settled myself in to sit back and chill out for to hours to come. This part for the procedure was the main part where Dr Arshad uses all his skills and knowledge to give me the perfect restored hairline and fix my double crown which after meeting with him a few time I know he prides himself on his work. Helen too works with him to achieve this and she also has 20 year experience doing this. I felt I was in the perfect hands. I was constantly asked how I was and if I feel anything to let them know, which I did not. This stage of the procedure was fascinating to me and I would have watched it on the TV if I was able to. My head was cleaned and sterile followed by Dr Arshad again giving me a number of injections to numb the top of my whole head. Also he injects a solution into my scalp to lift the skin from my skull. This is for when he is making new incisions for the new grafts and the tool dose not hit my skull. And then between Dr Arshad and Helen they place the new grafts into my hairline, vertex and crown to give me a new full head of hair. This part of the procedure took around 6-7 hours and I was that comfortable and watching TV pain and discomfort free it did not feel that long at all. Around 9pm the procedure was complete and I was cleaned up and told to sit up slowly and take it steady onto my feet. I felt great and my gown was taken off and a dressing applied to my head that had to be kept on for 24 hours. I wore a open buttoned shirt which is very important as you do not want to be wearing clothing that you pull over your head as however careful you try to be you are at big risk of catching and pulling out the new grafts. We then make out way up to Dr Arshad's office where he too is all cleaned up while I was been cleaned up and he then tells me he is very pleased with how everything went and what has been achieved. He invites me to take a look in the mirror and it was seriously amazing! I looked totally different as you immediately see the hairline again on your own head. It looked so natural and I felt so happy and beyond pleased with it. Dr Arshad and Sommiya talked me through what was achieved and the do's and dont's for my aftercare. I was given Finasteride tablets to take daily along with some antibiotics to ensure I do not get any infection, pain relief medication for the first week and steroids to help with the healing and any swelling. Also Minoxidle lotion to apply once my grafts have taken and all healed in the 2nd week. Using Finasteride and Minoxidle following a hair transplant helps the grafts and speeds up the hair regrowth.
To finish I felt extremely pleased with the whole process and how the day went from 9am to 9pm. Dr Arshad and the team went above and beyond to ensure I felt safe, happy and most of all comfortable. Assuring me throughout that I have great grafts and will get amazing results. With such a tedious task harvesting and placing grafts for 12 hours the whole team remained professional and in high pleasant spirits and was all about me the patient. I can not thank them enough and also would recommend them to anyone and everyone. They are so caring, professional putting the patient first always. Never felt rushed or intimidated by medical terms as always explained thoroughly and are there for me throughout all my aftercare. I couldn't have chosen a better Dr and Team.
I know of my expectations and that my grafts will shed in the coming weeks before the new hair regrowth starts. I am excited and cant wait for the coming months and seeing the whole process unfold. Thank you Dr Arshad and tho whole of the Hair Dr team.
I have attached photos of me before my FUE Transplant and pictuers of the donor area and the top and front of my head where the new grafts are placed. I hope this helps with anyone going through hair loss and or considering a hair transplant. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to help.
Michael

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180220_124821.jpg
    MVIMG_20180220_124821.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,434
Last edited:
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 1 after my FUE Procedure with Dr Arshad @ the Hair Dr Clinic
I had invested in a decent foam travel pillow to help me sleep as I never been comfortable sleeping flat on my back and main worry was rolling onto my new grafts. The travel pillow worked a treat and I slept well and no discomfort or pain. I was taking the medication given to me from Dr Arshad and I felt fine. I mean my head was tender and aware I was healing obviously but was no major discomfort. The travel pillow also seemed to be helping with the swelling on my head which is mainly the fluid Dr Arshad injects to lift your scalp from your skull when making incisions for new grafts. All in all I slept well and work up feeling fresh to say I thought my first few nights would be a problem getting comfortable. I still have the dressing on that I left the Hair Dr clinic with and I am aloud to remove it later tonight. My donor area and new grafts are looking well and bit red as pictures below will show but I am pain free. I am still wearing open shirts and took a shower this morning but taking great care and no wetting my head at all. I had taken a week off work as I work as a social clubs bar steward/manager and usually rushing about so my days plan is to walk the dog and chill out catching up on TV, oh and I am staying at the mothers for the week so getting that bit of help there haha. With this job and living on site when I do take time off I have to move out of my place as my relief has to move in to do the job fully. It is nice to get away tho. I have never really wore hats and I am choosing not to . I surprisingly not that fussed and when I am out walking the dog or at shops I expect to get some looks but again I can not see it bothering me. With work and my customers mainly been tradesmen I am expecting some ribbing and piss taking but it €™s what it is and I do not want to hide that I have had a transplant done.
All in all I am pleased with the hairline and look of my new grafts so far. The donor area is already healing and I am pain free and no discomfort. I keep looking in the mirror visualising what I will look like when hair starts to grow. I already feel more happier and confident. It €™s already amazing to see a hairline back on my head! Thank you Dr Arshad and the Hair Dr clinic.
[color="#000000" style="box-sizing: border-box;"]Michael

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180220_124838.jpg
    MVIMG_20180220_124838.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,185
Last edited:
P

postdoc

Valued member
Your results certainly look good, Michael, so congratulations. It's the first time I've heard of the Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury. How did you decide on that clinic? It would be helpful to see more photos of before and after, including with your hair combed back. How many grafts did you have transplanted in all?

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Your results certainly look good, Michael, so congratulations. It's the first time I've heard of the Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury. How did you decide on that clinic? It would be helpful to see more photos of before and after, including with your hair combed back. How many grafts did you have transplanted in all?
Hi Sorry I have only just seen this. I work in the bar industry so been hectic over Christmas and just settling down.
Yes Dr Arshad and the Hair Dr Team are amazing. Professional, Knowledgeable and approachable. They is no medical jargon spoken to you that you will not understand and they do not rush you to a decision. I had approached two clinics, the other never got back to me and the first thing that attrated me to the Hair Dr is they had a pricing bracket on their website so you had a idea on what to expect before a consultation. I can say that you would be in great hands with Dr Arshad. I had been quoted 2500 to restore my hairline and also corrected my double crown so all in all around 4000.

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Hello I am 12 days away from it been exactly a year since having FUE hair transplant procedure with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic and I have updated a picture of the fantastic results. Its been totally pain and worry free through out the year. Even the shedding phase which is bit disheartening and for many people is a worry about having it done but let me tell you the sooner this happens it means the grafts have taken and regrowth has begun! Then month or two after that's when the regrowth comes. And though your hair sheds away you look like before the op as in "bald" but instead of been just skin where you are bald or thinning it is not.. there is a follicle there so is like shaded and you still see the hairline and where new hair will come.

I could not be happier and more confident now a year on from having hair hairline restored and so please I chose Dr Arshad and the hair Dr clinic. They have been amazing in every way through out and I look forward to our year on review.
Look on my Instagram for photos throughout my year of regrowth mikes_fue_story.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190204_173144.jpg
    MVIMG_20190204_173144.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,362
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Found a pic of me from back end of 2017 and thought id do a comparison photo.
Left is from tonight 06/02/19 after a shower and no hair products on or minoxidl
right is a short hair to to what hair I had left back end of 2017

Amazing improvement im sure you would agree and money well spent!!

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_001430_778.jpg
    IMG_20190207_001430_778.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,950
baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Would it be possible to display a close up shot of your hair line please Mike? You have good density but it's hard to see your hairline right with your images.

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Would it be possible to display a close up shot of your hair line please Mike? You have good density but it's hard to see your hairline right with your images.

Hey, firstly cool username, keeping it light hearted and fun✌️
Yeah I have great density from what I hard prior to a FUE proceedure. And loving it! However now am past the first year now I am considering a 2nd 'top up' proceedure to add even more density as I do not want to be taking finasteride long term and obviously the untouched hairs are still prone to balding. Going to have PRP sessions and perhaps laser treatment to future proof my hair and I can see in my hair line as great as it is that there is room to add more. New equipment and technique ect come out frequently especially in the medical field and where I got my transplant can now implant hairs even closer to other hairs without damaging them, giving you a even more dense result. Which excites me a great deal.
Don't get me wrong I am thrilled with my results and if this was all could be done then I'd be happy . But the PRP and laser will help the implanted hairs health and reignite my untouched hairs and prevent them dying off. And having a 2nd proceedure will give me an even stronger dense hairline. I am going to have a chat with my surgeon Dr Arshad at the hair Dr clinic in Dewbury, West Yorkshire next week.
I can try give you a close up of my hairline while it is styled no problems and hope helps
Also if you haven't already check out my Instagram mikes_fue_story ✌️

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190428_204652.jpg
    MVIMG_20190428_204652.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,713
baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Thanks for the photo ( and the username approval:LOL:), i understand your desire to add density to the hairline i would want that also in your situation. Looking at the big picture your hair has improved. Will have a look at your Instagram if i can figure out how (not very technical). Why don't you want to continue the Finasteride long term?

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

No worries .
Yeah I even still surprise myself when see a old pic from 2017 before I had the transplant and how big of a different there is. I look and feel soooo much better. Just need to loose couple stone I gained then be a million dollars .
Yeah if you ain't a user of Instagram I don't know if you can view? If so use someone more tech savvy in the family? .
If ok to ask have you had a transplant or thinking of having one?

And thank you for your compliments ✌️

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome to the forum dude. Good to hear your happy with your result as ultimately that's all that counts. I don't want to offend you or upset you in any way but I personally believe your hairline needs work to adopt a more natural appearance as the hairs seem to be spaced too far apart and have been planted in a too uniform way which makes it look a little unnatural.

Your hair has improved though and once your hairline is sorted then you will be in a much better place. (Not criticising your doctor I just think the hair line needs work)

To add also PRP and laser treatment won't future proof your hair dude, only things that do that are Finasteride/Propecia, Dutasteride and to some degree Minoxidil/Rogaine......saying that PRP has shown some regrowth and improvements and is a good tool in the battle against hair loss.

Still on the fence regarding laser treatment.

Thanks for sharing dude.

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Welcome to the forum dude. Good to hear your happy with your result as ultimately that's all that counts. I don't want to offend you or upset you in any way but I personally believe your hairline needs work to adopt a more natural appearance as the hairs seem to be spaced too far apart and have been planted in a too uniform way which makes it look a little unnatural.

Your hair has improved though and once your hairline is sorted then you will be in a much better place. (Not criticising your doctor I just think the hair line needs work)

To add also PRP and laser treatment won't future proof your hair dude, only things that do that are Finasteride/Propecia, Dutasteride and to some degree Minoxidil/Rogaine......saying that PRP has shown some regrowth and improvements and is a good tool in the battle against hair loss.

Still on the fence regarding laser treatment.

Thanks for sharing dude.
Nope thanks for the honest words and I know what you're saying with my hair line. I did more less say the same thing. Again if this was all I could do I'd be happy with that but I am considering a 2nd top up proceedure.
Thanks again and no offense taken ✌️

bullitnut

bullitnut

Good stuff glad you read it as constructive criticism and not running your result down....please keep us in the loop regarding your next procedure....will be interesting to see how it progresses.

take care dude BN

S

sid789

Your Results are just amazing Dr. Micheal Really appreciated Your efforts to make it done however, I am also Running an Consultancy! named Hair Doctors and currently we are offering the Services to all Pan india main cities locations such as Amritsar. Will be Glad if You can provide some of your suggestions and as well as more Results.

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Your Results are just amazing Dr. Micheal Really appreciated Your efforts to make it done however, I am also Running an Consultancy! named Hair Doctors and currently we are offering the Services to all Pan india main cities locations such as Amritsar. Will be Glad if You can provide some of your suggestions and as well as more Results.
Hi, sorry I'm not a doctor myself. I am a patient who has had a FUE proceedure last year ✌️

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Met with Dr Arshad and Sommiya at the hair Dr Dewsbury West Yorkshire this past Sunday and we've all agreed to do a 2nd FUE proceedure to put more grafts into my hairline, vertex and double crown. I always knew that a 2nd proceedure would maybe be necessary when regrowth happened. But there's only so much that can be done in one sitting and I had over 4000 grafts over like 11 hours. Having a 2nd transplant would greatly add more density in my hairline and temples areas, giving a more fuller natural look. Then having even more in my vertex and crown can only be great as you can never have enough there . Plus I'd be covered for later in life should I loose any native hairs to make pattern baldness. My main concern is the hairline and temples though, getting that as full/thick and natural as possible.
I am super excited and going to have this 2nd proceedure later In the year. Finasteride, PRP and laser all seem great methods in restoring your hair especially if you catch follicles before they die off but I'm sure many would agree that transplant is the faster and more permanent fix.
I had an amazing experience with my first transplant at the hair Dr clinic and Dr Arshad and the team are phenomenal and can't do enough for you so I have zero worried about a 2nd proceedure and know I will be in safe hands and have even greater results after a 2nd proceedure. ✌️

bullitnut

bullitnut

Did Dr Arshad mention how many grafts you have left in the donor bank? Will be interesting to see how many you get having already had 4000 extracted via FUE. I look forward with anticipation to your latest transplant.

Whens it happening dude?

Hope your as happy with the 2nd as you are with your 1st