• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE result at 7 months- HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Age 41. 7 months post FUE hair transplant by Dr Arshad (The Hair Dr Clinic UK).
2357 grafts. 862 singles. 1104 doubles. 391 triples/+. All grafts inspected under microscope (x10 magnification) to ensure integrity of the graft. 0.85 serrated motorised punch for extraction. Implantation sites with 1.0 coles blade.
Patient takes no finasteride or minoxidil.

The patient is very happy with his 7 month check up.
HairDr 41 yr (2).png

Surgeon Representative and Patient Advisor for Dr.Arshad

B

Bandit

Good result but would like to hear your thoughts on taking Finasteride, and did you advise him to try it?

Last edited:
HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Hi Bandit, thank you. Regarding finasteride we of course discuss this option first as preventative is key and the patient is fully aware of potential progression. Not all patients will touch medication, this is why future planning and donor management is key for these particular patients.

My personal thoughts on finasteride are positive and I have been taking these for over tens years in which I believe has certainly helped with maintaining/slowing down my loss.

Surgeon Representative and Patient Advisor for Dr.Arshad

R

reddwarf

Solid result! Just seen this and noticed you touched upon taking Finasteride yourself, have you noticed any side effects during the ten years of using them and do you take branded Propecia or just regular Finasteride? Read somewhere that the effects can start to decrease after ten years or so, have you noticed any loss of effectiveness?

HairDr Clinic

HairDr Clinic

Valued member
Hi reddwarf, this is the Clinic account and the individual that posted his personal experience is no longer with the Clinic, sorry. In studies on the long term usage of 1mg finasteride these results were published -

"Treatment with finasteride led to durable improvements in scalp hair over five years (p 3/4 0.001 versus placebo, all endpoints),while treatment with placebo led to progressive hair loss. Finasteride was generally well tolerated and no new safety concerns were identified during long-term use. "

Hope that helps