• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUT 6500 hairs - Paul Benet (Paris, France) - 1 year update

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello,

Thanks you for accepting me on the forum.

I am 46 yo. I am balding from long time now, there is pics that show the evolution since 2009. My regimen was Minox 2% from around 23yo to 35 yo and 5% later.

2009.jpg
2011.jpg
2015.jpg

2018.jpg
2022-1.jpg
2022-2.jpg

2022-3.jpg

PREOP-1.jpg
PREOP-2.jpg

I got a FUT 4 mont ago in Paris in a little clinic with a lot of good review on google. The surgeon make me the scare and 3 assistants the implantation. They do FUT & FUE from 20 years. Total time was around 7,5h.

For the moment I am rather confident, I am just hopping geting enought density later (as every one here !).

To try preventing loss in future, my new regimen is Minox 5% 2x/day, topical Finasteride 0.025% + biotine 0,5% + pyridoxyne 1% + IgrantineF1 0,5% 4x/week (I start topical fina with 3x/week as recommended by FueClinic), zinc and MSM, + shapoo (DHT Striker shapoo and another one - I switch between them).

Here is some pics at J+0 :

J-0.jpg
J-0-1.jpg
J-0-2.jpg

The scare at J+6:
Scare-j-6-2.jpg
scare-j-6-1.jpg

At 1 month with scare 1 month also:

1Mo-1.jpg
1Mo-2.jpg

1Mo-3.jpg

scare-1mo-1.jpg
scare-1mo-2.jpg
scare-1mo-3.jpg

At 2 month:

2Mo-1.jpg
2Mo-2.jpg
2Mo-4.jpg

2Mo-5.jpg

At 3 month:

3Mo-4.jpg
3Mo-1.jpg
3Mo-2.jpg

At 4 month:
4Mo-5.jpg
4Mo-1.jpg

4Mo-2.jpg
4Mo-3.jpg

IMG-20221124-093732.jpg

Scare at +4 month:
Scare-4mo-1.jpg
Scare-4mo-2.jpg

Scare-4mo-3.jpg
Scare-4mo-4.jpg

Scare-4mo-5.jpg
Scare-4mo-6.jpg

Hope it can help some member here, as other helped me :)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum EricLaurent and thanks for sharing your hair loss journey so far.
Your hair loss has slowly progressed over the years, even with minoxidil. I think adding the topical Finasteride is a good choice to help prevent or slow right down further loss.
I take it the 6500 hairs were around 2500 plus grafts. I like that you opted for a mature hairline without any lowering. I think it will look great once fully grown. Your FUT donor scar looks very good. A nice closure you got.
I`ll look forward to your next update.

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello thanks you, I received 1300 grafts.

Some pics from 5 months:
5mois-4-320.jpg

5mois-1-320.jpg

5mois-2-320.jpg

5mois-3-320.jpg

L

Luka

Sincèrement, ça a l’air impeccable! En plus tu as probablement autant de greffons pour faire une nouvelle greffe au cas où… La cicatrice est à peine visible.

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Merci j'attends plus de densité sur les golfes mais ça devrait le faire...

L

Luka

I am not sure it's realistic to expect more density, people usually go for a top-up, you have enought grafts left for this so don't stress out. But is it possible you received only 1300 grafts. For that area to cover, this is definitely not enough. You were NW3 plus, that means from the pictures at least no less than 2500-3000 grafts for starters.

B

Bali

Don't worry.1300 grafts witch a lot of "big" grafts with 3, 4 or 5 hairs would give the density on the gulfs.
The more important is the number of hairs (6500 it's a lot) and not the number of grafts.
The position of the grafts with 1,2,3 or more hairs is essentiel for the density: small grafts for the frontal line and large grafts for vertex and gulfs
It's the interest of the FUT.

L

Luka

Don't worry.1300 grafts witch a lot of "big" grafts with 3, 4 or 5 hairs would give the density on the gulfs.
The more important is the number of hairs (6500 it's a lot) and not the number of grafts.
The position of the grafts with 1,2,3 or more hairs is essentiel for the density: small grafts for the frontal line and large grafts for vertex and gulfs
It's the interest of the FUT.
I kind of doubt that 1300 grafts contained 6500 hairs, that would be quite a rare occurrence. On the positive side, the outcome looks very good.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The growth is looking very good so far. Do you have a top-down picture showing the density behind the hairline?
I think you must have had a higher graft count than 1300. Would it be possible to contact the clinic to have them confirm the graft breakdown into hairs?

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello, thanks you for your feed back.

Well the day of operation, the assistant told me that she had to make 1300 incisions. Perhaps she placed more than 1 graft per incision ? Is it possible ?

She also tell me that I had a lot of grafts with 5 hairs and more (800 of 5 and even some of 10). She told me that the total count of hair is even more than 6500.

Here is some pics from top. Sorry I got long hair since several month because I camouflage the golf. I will try a hair cut soon :)

Top at 4 months:
top-4mois-320.jpg

Top at 5 month:
5mois-top1-320.jpg

5mois-top2-320.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve never heard of a follicular unit containing 10 hairs. 5 usually at most, 6 is rare. Maybe they did not slither your grafts into true follicular groupings. Did the clinic take any pictures of your scalp on the day of surgery? The pictures you posted aren`t too clear.

Your growth is looking good for 5 months.

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello,
I can post the j-0 just post-op picture with better resolution if you want ?

Here is an example of 5+ hair grafts (there is a 8 hair in the photo). It is a surgeon who use 5 and even more hair grafts when it is possible:

Screen-Shot-2020-02-19-at-3.50.26-PM-1024x693.png

His blog is in "venus hair restoration" (I cannot post link here)

He explain that it is very difficult to extract them in FUE (it take 5x more time) and the extraction is very declicate and only few surgeon make it ...

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello all,

An update at 6 month, photo are taken in the sun.

My hair are very curly, do you have experienced same things ? Thanks !

6mo_1_1024.jpg
6mo_2_1024.jpg

6mo_4_1024.jpg
6mo_5_1024.jpg

6mo_6_1024.jpg

Reactions: May
E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Thanks you,

So In fact to be exact I think it is an MFU and that explain why 6500 hairs for 1300 incisions.

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello,

I just take another picture of my scar at 7 months. I can see the staple scar and my scar is always a little bumpy... Do you think it is normal and the scar will flatten ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230218_165814.jpg
    IMG_20230218_165814.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 67
E

EricLaurent

Valued member
Hello !

Well, I am now at 8 months. My transplanted hairs seems a little less curly and a little more dense. But I still need more density, because with some lighting I see the lake of density on top of my head.

For example here it is ok :
8_mo_3.jpg

8_mo_2.jpg

8_mo_1.jpg

8_mo_5.jpg

But whith a lot of light I see some lake of density (see below)

Unfortunately I can't take finasteride or duta, even in topical form because I have bad side effects. Do you think that if my condition does not improve at 1 year, a densification would be feasible with a small additional graft? Thanks a lot for advice about it !

8_mo_10.jpg

8_mo_7.jpg

E

EricLaurent

Valued member
To mod : Is it possible to edit my title please : "FUT 6500 hairs - Paul Benet (Paris, France) - 1 year update"

Here I am now 1 year post-transplant.

Everyone around me tells me that it's a success and that the result is very natural I am personally a little more reserved because:

- I would have liked to have an invisible scar with a 9mm shave at the back (see the photos below) - but it can no longer be seen at 11-12mm and it is enough that my dressing table does not make a gradient that is too low;

- I would have liked to have more density, especially on the golf courses. The lack of density is particularly visible on the top when the hair is wet (see photos also)

- I still have the transplanted hair which tends to wave. However, it improves over time and the result is more and more natural.

- The transplanted hair is white so when it is long it is more obvious; but that doesn't bother me more than that...

I have to take stock at 1 year with my doc, I will ask his opinion for the scar (what he thinks of the tattoo or perhaps another technique... ). I also believe scars progress over a year for FUTs so I may try a 9mm cut again in 6 months.

For the density, I will surely have the final result in a few months but I think that in a few years (since the alopecia unfortunately evolves despite the transplant), when I need to go back, I will take the opportunity to fill in more golf courses if possible and necessary (well yes because finally having overfilled golf courses when you are old is it really aesthetic??!!)

As a reminder, before the transplant:
1.JPG

Today with normal light background:

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hairline:
4.jpg

With a very bright background (the face is generated by an AI):
5.png

6.png

8.png

33.jpg