• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

gene test for hairloss

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure on this one,DNA testing for baldness imo is not accurate as there are too many variables.

Interesting though that they say 40% are women who experience hairloss,this again is up in the air as i reckon by hairloss they are counting people who`s hair thins out a little but not to the extent for them to be overly concerned and see it as a problem.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Not familiar with it but certainly it does look like most things can be spotted via genes.

NN

G

glanzend

Even so, women who has bald genes, also has hormones that makes them grow more hair than men. Men inherited that DNA and goes bald. Such a shame.
;ss;

J

James1

Valued member
The gene thing for me makes no sense because I know of at leat 2 people, who had this test (Positive),but have not lost any hair, to date. Trying to find a scientific explanation for hair loss is like finding a needle in a haystack. The process is so random sometimes its impossible to pin down a single cause and apply it to anyone.

Last edited: