• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Good FUE Results in London.

S

Shadowheart

Hey there, I thought I'd share my hair loss journey, I'm new here to writing but I've read many posts about products and experiences over the years on these forums.

My own journey started when I was 18. I had extremely thick hair as a child with a tiny acute hairline, I had a dad who even to this day in his 70's still has a decent amount of hair, and a mum with flowing locks. Hair loss was never a concern, until when I started living alone as a teenager, and stress got the better of me.

As you know, it can be an accelerant to what is already inevitable. My hairline began to recede, and my crown and hair started to thin slightly, ironically I became more stressed because of this.

Over the years I battled it on and off with Rogaine, the Hairmax Lasercomb and Nourkrin (which I do not recommend as a stand-alone product) and had some mixed results, some good, however I was embarrassed and struggled to hide my Rogaine usage from women and friends and discontinued on and off.

After joining the Belgravia Centre in London and learning about Propecia. I started taking finasteride in combination with minoxidil and and the comb, and finally found true stabilisation and some solid regrowth.

However in a sense it was too late, my hair had suffered much damage over 8 years or so and I began looking at hair transplants as a possible way to clean up my hairline and front.

I read up on FUE and FUT quite extensively, almost all of them urging me to stay clear of London, not just because of the price per graft, but also the lack of quality in surgeons in the capital.

While I was tempted to visit Belgium and would recommend this to patients who are bound by financial worry, I would also like to post my positive (so far) experience in London.

I underwent an FUE procedure of 1800 grafts at the turn of the year, and although the hair hasn't really began to grow yet (and won't until the third month as you know), the results are really promising, and I can see a future where I'm a confident version of myself again.

My surgeon (Dr Edward Ball at Zeiring) when you strip him down of his extremely kind and caring nature, you're left with an extremely precise and efficient working surgeon who did a terrific, clean and caring job for me.

As a young patient, I really wanted the strip (FUT), it was cheaper and I could get more grafts in a session. He advised me against it for various reasons which were valid in hindsight and after more research. This wasn't because he wanted Zeiring to charge more, I know this because he urged me to go to Belgium to get FUE done if I couldn't afford to have it done in London. He recommended various surgeons too that he trusts, he just wanted the best for me regardless of who did it.

However I got lucky and managed to sort out the finances, and went ahead with Dr. Ball, I had looked into Belgium and was very tempted but then decided I wanted the after care locally among other issues and waiting lists in the European clinics.

The surgery went really well, and I highly recommend Dr. Ball to anyone who wants to get their surgery done in London but is unsure of where to go. If finance is an issue there's always Belgium and the fantastic results coming from there, but I almost never even considered London because no one came recommended, and now I've had such a good experience, I simply wish to share it.

2/3 weeks on, things are looking good, the FUE extraction sites are perfectly healed, my hairline looks nice, and the front/top, also looks good.

Just thought I'd give a head's up to anyone wanting a London hair transplant. :)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,418
S

Shadowheart

And a quick shot Pre-Op (I only saw one attachment slot)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,409
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Congrats on your surgery with Dr Ball, i look forward to following your progress because the results i have seen so far from him look very impressive.

Thanks for posting your story dude;)

S

Shadowheart

Thank you for listening, I'll be sure to update the feed when I hit 3 months and 6 months! With Minox' and Propecia pre and post op I should hopefully yield fast growth!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your surgery, I will look forward to seeing your updates.

Cheers Bm.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Hope you get some great results. Seen some good stuff from Dr Edward Ball recently.

S

scottdanny

Valued member
Its not all doom and gloom in the UK in the hair transplant world (avoid FUT)

J

james1984

Valued member
Wishing you a great result.

Not heard much about this Doctor, but that is because i have never researched Drs in England.

Do you mind saying what he charges for FUE?

Regards.

D

deckd19

Valued member
hello Shadowheart, congratulation. thanks for sharing your good and bad experience,all the best for your future.