• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Gynecomastia with Finasteride

Q

quincey jones

valued member
I have been using Finasteride for 3 months without any issues until this week. I am feeling an ache in my chest, plus under closer examination I`m noticing a fat build up creating small moobs. I`m not experiencing any of the other known side effects.

Are there any meds that safely counter the effects of Fin to reduce the fatty tissue build up and prevent the ache?

C

Coopman

Valued member
Unless you have put on weight in the last 3 months, it would probably be wise to stop taking Finasteride.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If it is the Finasteride causing it you should maybe quit it, lower the dose and possibly see your doctor about it.Some people say they have permanent side effects from it, others say they go away after continued use or lower dosage.Only you can decide what to do.

If I were you, I'd quit for a few months to see if the symptoms go away, if they do you know for sure it was the Finasteride. Then maybe try a smaller dose and if ok gradually build it up.
Good luck with it.

Q

quincey jones

valued member
I'm guessing there's no meds I can use to counter the sides. I'll reduce the dose to every other day, see how it goes from there.
Thanks for the advice.

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
You can use tamoxifen if you can get hold of it

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tamoxifen blocks the actions of estrogen, the female hormone.

Tamoxifen is used to treat some types of breast cancer in men and women.

It can cause side effects or react to other drugs, so consult with a doctor before taking it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
There are a few drugs that are supposed to help but i agree with BM that they can cause side effects, i would probably lower the dose for now and see how you get on if i were you. If your looking into the other drugs like tamoxifen there are many threads about them on body building forums but i would consult a doctor before taking anything like that dude.

F

Frankie1983

Valued member
Hi Quincey. Yes I did. Felt some tenderness at the 3 month mark and came off the finasteride and used tamoxifen, got sorted in a week or 2. Haven't used fin since. But as previous posters have said, best to consult with medical professional first

Q

quincey jones

valued member
Hey Frankie. I'm off to the doctors next week for a routine check up. I'll ask the doc for his advice and thoughts.