• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair parting making me anxious

M

marty90

So I posted a couple of months ago but after a recent hair cut, I’m so confused about the parting coming from my crown and whether it’s changed / thinned a little. The reason I ask this is because it seems difficult to brush my hair in such a way to hide the parting.

These are the most recent;

50EABDDC-4010-46B1-87CF-9080D477DE52.jpeg69657C95-5358-45E7-B55B-D2B794319FDF.jpeg51127C2A-1BBD-40E4-BB97-CB2E57C9CFE7.jpeg

These above are from the past week, I’ve drawn an arrow showing the area that bothers me. I do seem to have had the parting for a while, so perhaps it’s just the way my hair is - but at the same time I’m bothered it’s thinned.

This is today;

97297DEB-1C85-4506-B939-7B02D56850D0.jpeg

This is May 2020;

CC9F3DB8-AFD9-4F33-8090-E223A4CB44BE.jpeg

Not much change, and these are from 2011 - 2018;

6BB89E3F-52BB-4D07-A7F2-4DC197D30937.jpeg6178AE20-5C85-491D-A00D-979888E934D3.jpeg

Again not much change, but I used to be able to brush my hair to completely hide the parting area but I just can’t seem to do it now. Below shows how I could brush it;

061190A9-C5CD-4B6B-BDBD-7837558B5643.jpeg

Using mirrors to check it seems generally fine, but if I take a pic under direct light or fluorescent light the parting is visible no matter how I brush it.

I do also wonder if my barber is cutting the top of my hair shorter thus making it more obvious but I don’t know.

Reason I’m asking (again) is because I’m heavily debating finasteride, but also reluctant in case it’s just my hair and I’m taking the medication without needing it. Also considering a derm to check my hair as I have seborrheic dermatitis and wondering if they could check my hair too.

I also tested Toppik and hid the parting completely, but I’m 90% sure if I had done the same ten years ago it would be the same today.

Last edited:
S

Salazar

Your hair looks the same to me, that is it looks like a normal parting. All I can suggest is that you keep an eye on it and, if you notice any deterioration, then hop on finasteride. If you're really concerned, and looking for peace of mind, I suppose you could consult with a trichologist, who'll examine your hair with a camera. But, as I said, it looks fine to me. All the best.

I

Im new here

That is just the parting by the looks of it. You don't seem to have thinning around it.

Mine is similar. If the hair is the right length I cant see it but if its longer and has enough weight to lay the way it naturally wants to go it looks more open

M

marty90

Sorry I didn’t realise I had any replies. Thanks all, appreciate the comments. I probably should stop taking pictures all the time because I’m comparing to phone pictures from 8 years ago, and camera’s do pick up more nowadays so for all I know it could be the same. I’ll just monitor via a mirror and if anything does change I’ll hop on fin, but got now I’ll take it as being the same. Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, try not to think about it, your hair is good.

I

Im new here

Good idea easier said than done but don’t focus on it so muvh