• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

hair styles

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
not sure if this has been covered before, as im well overdue a good hair cut, whats the general feeling on which style for ht patients, long,short or very short, brused to the side, forward etc cheers NCB:)

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi ncb...

I think it all depends upon what style you want and is best for your hair / ht ??

I like to have my hair short.... but then it shows off my old grafts.... then again if its too long it makes it look like I am trying to hide the fact I do not have a "full head of hair"... try experimenting and see what feels best for you...

I have read several times that the "brushed back" hair style cut short is the hardest on an HT.... and this is the style I like to have ;;D mainly because I am in and out of a hard hat all day, which plays havoc with anyother style.... again... I think its all down to personal choice..

Anyother comments on this subject would be good to read..

Cheers

Tim

PS... I did hear somewhere that BigM tried a "bee-hive" style one... not sure how he got on with it :T:

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi tim thanks for the input, im in the same boat as you, i wear a hard hat at work now and again, getting a lot of stick of the guys at work to get it cut, funny how its always the people who are totally bald or lossing alot of hair who make the comments? i think shortish hair would be best but ive never had short hair as long as i can remember, will post 4 months updates next couple of days

E

El Nino

Valued member
I've always had short hair and thankfully I can still keep it short after my HT.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I'm not sure if soaking one's body in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is requisite for this style or not (?) c;;9

Attachments

• fabio_01.jpg
    fabio_01.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,482
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

rolls--optional.
suspenders---mandatory!

Attachments

• fabio-car.jpg
    fabio-car.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,675
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

perms are to alpha males what bones are to dogs.

Attachments

• david_hasselhoff_and_kitt.jpg
    david_hasselhoff_and_kitt.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 1,436
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

soak me in olive oil & drape me in a sexy curtain.

Attachments

• david-hasselhoff.jpg
    david-hasselhoff.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,603
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Nah, I know your essentially asking what style is best to aid in the illusion of density, but if I could get away w/any style it would be some variant of the spikey/messy look. I would waltz up to the salon, and tell the lady---"texturize the $hit out of my hair & pamper my locks w/your finest of putties. Spare no expense for my long awaited first born has come home!!!"

Interesting, a guy on another forum ALWAYS styled his updates in the typical 'anchor man' fashion (hair parted to one side, dry) as do virtually ALL ht patients and I always thought his hair was just meh- so so. Then after being pushed and prodded by a VERY wise poster he took some wet pics of it pushed up/spikey...It looks fu$King amazing! I was shocked, because I thought surely if anyone could get away w/a good style why on gods good green earth would he wear it looking like some rotted birds nest a top his head?

I'm sure not everyone can get away w/the style in this pic, but I bet anything most guys could have a much cooler style than they opt to do. Even if your top isn't all that thick, so long as you have a dense hair line I'm sure you could push it forward, then up at front w/the right product and have some cool look...MUCH better than the anchor man do.

It'd be cool to see your pics w/whatever you choose.

Attachments

• colin-farrell.jpg
    colin-farrell.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3,363
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

ok-enough pics of man-meat; I'm starting to feel funny.

phewwww----MUCH better! :)

Attachments

• adriana_lima_10.jpg
    adriana_lima_10.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,889
Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
LOL - Thank god for the last pic NG2GB - I was starting to worry about what sites you were now visiting. My end goal is short hair but as you know I'm currently sporting stupid long hair to give me something to cover the work with.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is such an interesting topic. I guess it will certainly depend on many factors. If you are a NW 5+ and had only one procedure of 2500 or so you definitely are limited.

From everything that I have seen and read about, I personally believe that for optimal looks and appearance of density a person should opt for the top of hair including hairline to be about 2 inches long or so. I believe that at this length, it is long enough to provide a feathering or layering effect of the HT and likely won't look like a style that is trying to hide a limited density. I like the Collin Ferrel example that NG provided. Sometimes though a person does have to be a little cautious of hair standing straight up as it might look thin and maybe pluggy.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I like my hair very short,a # 2 or 3 on the back and sides with it a little longer on top.