• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

hair supplements + vitamins

M

mars

Valued member
hey everyone

would love to know peoples opinions on vitamins and supplements such as msm zinc biotin omega 3 complex vitamin b and skin-hair-nail supplements?

I take them all and its alot of pills to swallow everyday along with propecia,ive become very sceptical lately as i doubt they do anything in anyway in the fight against hairloss and its processes,msm makes hair and nails grow faster thats for sure but other than that it think its all a waste of time money and effort!

Saw a documenty on sky one a few weeks about heroin addicts and the guy on it was about as an unhealthy a guy id ever seen he barely weighted 5stone but yet lone behold a big thick head of perfect hair,he obviously doesnt get the vitamins apparently required for healthy hair,it all kind made me think are all these supplements pointlesss?Do a lack of them really damage hair?

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
I asked this question once.... It was regarding my hair and the fact that I thought I had shed a lot of hair over a short time.....

I could not work out why... I had just started a new course of proscar but had also started a high protein diet... and wondered if this could be the reason...

Someone pointed out to me (it was NervousNelly) that even starving people in the 3rd world have people who have plenty of hair, are bald or balding... just the same as us overfed people in the west !!

I think that vitamins and supplements do no harm... but also think that the good they can do is very negligible.... but I guess every little helps ?

Tim

M

mars

Valued member
I think it helps people mentally as in it makes them feel proactive with their hairloss,every time i take aload of pills i feel good thinking im being proactive doing all i can but as far as visual gains...no difference what so ever!but as u said tim it cant do harm and its good for general health anyways!

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Mars...

Agree with you, and yes, for general health I think you cant go wrong by taking them... I take a multivitamin and omega 3 everyday...

Tim

Last edited: