• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant 05/03/21 - The Hair DR 4000 grafts

J

jordygill4421

Well what can I say it was a great experience from start to finish..

As lot of the hair dr patients state on this, from the get go Adam welcome you straight in smiling made me feel at ease straight away asking if wanted or needed anything. Went to see the DR ashard where he took some before pictures and planned out the hair line. Then went with DR Hamza to start the hair extraction, like most say the numbing is probably the worst but it all depends on your pain threshold as I personally didn’t they was too bad but soon was finished with the numbing. They then went on to extracting the hairs with dr ashard coming in checking up making sure I was well and making sure everything was going to plan. After the extraction we went and had dinner being spoilt for choice in what I could have and what was there the sugary fix was needed! Then after dinner DR ashard come in after having the front numbed ready for the Incisions to take place such a very weird noise hearing the crunching but pain free was a breeze. After the correct amount had been done the group of girls who had been sorting out the hair then started in insert the hairs all the girls where lovely welcoming and loved to chat which killed time and they all wanted perfection in their which was nice. At the very end I spoke with dr ashard for 10-15 minutes saying he was very pleased with how everything went and was looking forward to see the result! Couldn’t knock a single part of the day such a great and warm welcoming business just made everything seem and feel better straight away!

Really excited to see what transformations are coming!!

I have attached the before picture the straight after picture on the 05/03/2021 and the morning after(06/03/2021) as it doesn’t seem as sore!

Prior procedure

AAFA8AEC-3AE4-4871-BF28-4DD7EC77F519.jpeg

Straight after

3AD64140-9A72-415F-826A-5A56B81305FB.jpeg

The morning after

C76E2D6A-659C-4CC2-B491-13264BC063B7.jpeg

H

Hoping_for_hair

Glad your day went well, sounded the same as mine!

It will be good to see how our progress compares as we will be on the same timeline!

J

jordygill4421

Yes mate that would be lovely, always nice to see how other people are getting on at the same time :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Jordygill4421.
It`s good to hear you had a good experience at the clinic, everything sounds like it went well.
Those 4000 grafts should make a very nice change to your appearance once grown out. The work looks nice and clean.
Are you on any hair loss regimen to prevent future loss?
Thanks for sharing your story.
All the best.
Bm.

J

jordygill4421

Hi big mac thanks for having me and letting me share my experience! I have started finasteride from the day of procedure and ordered some biotin too so will be taking them together to hopefully prevent any more hair loss!
thanks
Jordan

J

jordygill4421

Day 3 - feeling like I’m healing quite quickly, just itching without being able to itch haha

C3FE3277-4EE1-4EC2-AE95-53BA3D8E2CEB.jpeg

The donor area at the back is healing nice, just a little tender around back of the ears but it’s slowing down

7B9BE054-6390-4CAF-865B-F7711C6A489B.jpeg

H

Hoping_for_hair

Hi mate - that looks good, very similar to mine (I'll post some pics later).

I know what you mean, keep stopping myself from trying to itch!

Have you had any swelling? I've had a bit thats made its way to my eyebrows looks a bit odd but pain free.

J

jordygill4421

Yeah mate it’s always nice to help each other out through this new adventure! I feel like I didn’t have much swelling to start with but just following the plan and probably stop taking the anti swelling tablets tomorrow

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, the Finasteride works well for you. As for itching, it can drive you crazy sometimes.

J

jordygill4421

BC5D3809-7BD6-4E4D-810A-F258948CE4A6.jpeg
28C97329-865E-4AA9-8285-FAE83585C08E.jpeg
498BFCDC-658C-401D-A7A5-C2CB37B1364A.jpeg
Day 7- first wash couple of scabs still to fall off but over all feeling good was nice to finally wash, top of head still feels numb but everything seems to be going ok

H

Hoping_for_hair

That looks good, dosent look like you have much redness. How did you find the first wash? I did mine as well this morning - never been so gentle with it!

J

jordygill4421

No not really the redness has really gone down and I’m happy with that! Yeah the first wash wasn’t too bad I was gentle but just did little circle motions trying to help the scabs to come off not forcing like!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks to be on track with the healing. That first wash feels good and most people are overly cautious. At 7 days the grafts are secure, so every day you can be a bit firmer when massaging the shampoo in. Let it soak for a bit if you want the scabs to come off easier.

J

jordygill4421

This will be the last update until about 4 weeks picture wise...
Day 11 - still looks a little pink had a few hairs fall out whilst washing, hoping it’s nothing major but seems to the regular with what people have put up previously!

A85EAE0B-BE8E-4FD7-BFCA-4FBD93FC748B.jpeg
3F4D287E-520D-4F57-9177-F11E73BF7340.jpeg

H

Hoping_for_hair

That looks good- jealous all your scabs have gone! I have some lingering still which I hope will go soon.
I'm having a few hairs drop out as well, like you say, sounds quite normal.at this stage.

Have you been using aloe vera for the pinkness?

J

jordygill4421

703E59B3-69CC-4061-ADE9-CEB4E7B7D169.jpeg
67EC3E44-8A9E-4C8C-B359-BFBEDC4C1B58.jpeg
075F37A9-48BE-4A91-818F-26330B3ECB5D.jpeg
4E672974-12D5-450F-9B7E-3791CF8C2BCD.jpeg
Currently 4 weeks post op, had quite a few hair shedding but happy with how it is looking so far!
just wanted to give a quick update and see what people’s thoughts are at this stage?
Thanks

H

Hoping_for_hair

That looks like it's all coming along nicely - dosent look like you have any redness and now just need to wait for the growth stage!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`ve healed well with everything looking like it's returned to your pre op stage. The donor looks slightly thin on the side picture but that`ll most likely be a bit of shocked hair that will return in the coming months.
Thanks for the update.

J

jordygill4421

DDBD0C71-0877-41DE-8D44-ADD4B758D86F.jpeg
B030B156-7C6F-4639-AA49-4109D10CCD7D.jpeg
A4FBB330-5E6F-494E-B669-B36643FA9AA7.jpeg
Currently now around 8 weeks post op, seeing some signs of growth the shock loss around the sides has started to go. At that stage where I’m just wearing a hat to keep it covered looking forward to the growth stage.