• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant advice - UK

E

Emvee

Valued member
Hello,

Starting to look into getting a hair transplant, I posted here some years back, but starting to look into this again.
I did arrange a consultation last time around, however after some life events I had to cancel, but i've decided to look into this again.

Since last time not much has changed, maybe some more thinning at the back but no change to the temples.

So i'm looking for a UK clinic, as my family would be happier for me staying in the UK, also travel, advice, after care would be better.

Here are some pics, its longer than normal as we cant go anywhere for a haircut at the moment.
But pic 1 is just normal hair, not syled, just mess hair.
Pic 2 is top if my head.
Pic 3 is wet hair brushed back.
Then pic 4 is hair dried after and forward.

My main aim is to fill the temples and have a straighter hairline, this alone would give my confidence back.
Secondly a slightly lower hairline.
Thirdly fill the top a little.

How many grafts do you think?
FUT or FUE?
Does my head need to be shaved?
Rough costs?

I do plan and going for a consultation, but if i'm looking 15/20/30k then its game over.

Attachments

• 20200628_195926.jpg
    20200628_195926.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 20200628_200008.jpg
    20200628_200008.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 20200628_202140.jpg
    20200628_202140.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 309
  • 20200628_200839.jpg
    20200628_200839.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 317
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Welcome back Emvee. I looked at your older posts, back in 2017 you had concerns as another site was saying all UK clinics are bad. This was rubbish then and is rubbish now. There are many good clinics in the UK. The people saying this can`t possibly know every clinic, they just get fooled by hand fed stuff and get swayed. I think all the clinics that post on hle do good work overall. You need to select ones you like the look of. I`ve had FUT repair work, very happy with it but you need to decide if you want FUT or FUE.
Looking at your pictures I`d estimate a minimum 2000 grafts that would create a good hair line and density. You might need more if you want to sort your crown. Finasteride, Minoxidil or PRP might sort your crown out.

E

Emvee

Valued member
Thanks for replying, I would be happy to just sort temples out. Although the crown is thinning, i agree i can prob use something to help that.
I was thinking 2000 ish grafts, as I was looking at other posts with temples receding further than my own, and they were getting 2000-2500 grafts.
Im thinking this is about 7k in cost?
If it is about that then I need to start looking at going for consultations.

E

Emvee

Valued member
Im also in a job that is customer face to face, although im a manager so in my own office, the thought of dealing with customers especially worries me when it comes to having my head shaved.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You could have your hair trimmed down on the front or possibly left as is with grafts placed in the temples and your frontal forelock. If you get FUT you can keep your donor area hair at a length that will conceal the strip closure. If you go for FUE your donor area heals quite quickly. You could shave your sides and back down prior to surgery so people get used to it and won`t give it a second look when you`ve had surgery.

CharlesRobinson

CharlesRobinson

Nice thank you for giving the tips i also want hair transplant now i am finding best hair transplant in the UK

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Emvee, would be good to know age also and some clear photos of complete side and top and rear profiles to see the complete donor area and also the loss from a bird's eye view.

Have some in person consultations with competent doctors who can measure your donor to give accurate empirical data and then see from there what the best approach is for you and as said by bullinut you may need to consider medication in synergy with surgery.

E

Emvee

Valued member
Here is the back, currently longer than normal due to lockdown.
Not sure why its upside down tho.

Attachments

• 20200629_212244.jpg
    20200629_212244.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 292
Fortes Clinic

Fortes Clinic

Thanks for sharing. Hair transplant is best way to recover hair loss problem permanently. by the way nice results.

E

Emvee

Valued member
Results? I havent had one yet. The pics above are the current state of my hair.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How are you getting on with your research?

E

Emvee

Valued member
How are you getting on with your research?

Not really done much research to be honest.
I definatly want to stay in th UK to have it done, i've been looking at other transplants on the forum and I think maybe 2500 grafts is what i need, but not sure on costs.

Ideally, if I had it done, the transplant can happen, keep my hair at length, have couple weeks off work, and go back to work. But I dont think thats possible.

K

KoaAkhtar

Do you think that hair loss in men is critical?
it might be ginetic
would you recommend hair transplant to others? why not a wig?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you go FUE you will most likely have to shave your head. FUT you can leave your hair long. Send your pictures to a few clinics you like and try to have some consults.

E

Emvee

Valued member
Instead of making a new thread, i dug up my last thread.
I have a consultation next Wednesday at Vinci clinic in Manchester.
I have rough idea of grafts and price.
I have also openly talked about this with the wife, and she is happy with me going ahead with this. She has been great.

However, these are my thoughts below.

1. Im in a manager position at work, my manager is probably one of the ones that i get on with much better than any others, so I would book time off, and also ask to work from home for a short period. So, I would rather not fully shave my head, would this make the final result any worse?

2. If i dont have my head shaved, i'm planning on a month off, allow my donar are to regrow as much as possible and hopefully return to work without anyone knowing.

3. I did talk to the wife about coming out of work for a few months, however she is worried about my career and picking up where I left off. Im swaying more away from this idea.

In an ideal world, I have the surgery, off for a few weeks, return to work and cover up the areas by growing my hair longer than normal. Realistically is this possible in a short period of time?