• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

hair transplant by AHD clinic Turkey, 3900 grafts

U

Untouchableee

Hi guys,
I finally had my hair transplant done! 2 years of hesitation are behind. Thought my post can help some people to step toward 'dream hair' :)
Since my budget was limited, I chose Turkey as the destination. I visited all forums and studied the ht details on the internet. Then, I selected a few best ht centers in the country and emailed them. All responded fastly, had the same price on average, was hard to make a choice, but I liked the way AHD consulted me. Guys asked me to switch to whatsapp, so that I could catch up with them fastly and easily, anytime I have got a question + I could feel that they care. During a week I was still in hesitation, cause I am giving my 'head' to these people. Anyways, I chose the ht by technicians option at AHD as it was way cheaper and dr. Doganay said that he is entirely responsible for results and all interventions at his clinic. I said Ok, there is a doctor behind.

I came on 19.10. Weather in Antalya was just wonderful. I headed to the clinic directly from the airport for covid test (mandatory for all patients in Turkey). Result was ready the next day, negative! and we started. Dr. consulted and examined me, made a plan, drew lines. Then I had my grafts extracted (FUE) and transplanted (DHI) after lunch. The next day was pretty much the same (all lasted 2 days =1950 + 1950). Techs were very professional, dr. Doganay checked the process several times. They say I had intense bleeding but no reason to worry, dont know how it effects, they seemed to figure it out.
The next day (3rd) I had my first hair wash in the clinic. I was explained how to take care of my hair for the next month, given a care kit, and dropped back at the airport.
attaching a photo thread for just emailed by AHD

before ht

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 250
  • before wet.jpg
    before wet.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 254
  • before wett.jpg
    before wett.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 249
  • before1.jpg
    before1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 257
U

Untouchableee

my donor

Attachments

• donor.jpg
    donor.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 249
  • donor long.jpg
    donor long.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 242
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Untouchableee and welcome to the forum. It`s good to hear you had a positive experience with Dr Doganay and his team.
The extractions sites and the transplanted area look good and those 3900 grafts will make a very nice difference to your appearance. You look to have healed well too.
Your loss pattern was quite high on the Norwood scale. Are you taking any hair loss medications to prevent future loss?
I`ll look forward to following your progress and thanks for sharing your story.
All the best.
Bm.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

The design and work looks really good and that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , thanks for sharing your story with us wishing you great healing and growth .

U

Untouchableee

Hi Untouchableee and welcome to the forum. It`s good to hear you had a positive experience with Dr Doganay and his team.
The extractions sites and the transplanted area look good and those 3900 grafts will make a very nice difference to your appearance. You look to have healed well too.
Your loss pattern was quite high on the Norwood scale. Are you taking any hair loss medications to prevent future loss?
I`ll look forward to following your progress and thanks for sharing your story.
All the best.
Bm.

Hello Bigmac,
Thanks for cheering up and positive comments.
Dr. said I could use minoxidil, not decided yet. Now I am using a solution prepared by Doganay (it contains a little doze of minoxidil + herbs).
I will definitely post updates in this thread.
All the best!

U

Untouchableee

Hi Friend

The design and work looks really good and that amount of grafts should give you a nice result , thanks for sharing your story with us wishing you great healing and growth .

Thank you very much!
Stay safe and best wishes!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good.
Have you looked into Finasteride as well? In my opinion, it`s the best option there is to maintain your existing native hair.

S

Simmy

Who designs the hairline and makes the recipient sites for the grafts?

U

Untouchableee

Who designs the hairline and makes the recipient sites for the grafts?
Hi Simmy,
The hairline was designed by dr. Doganay. He marked the area for extraction + drew hairline and instructed the techs. He was also visiting me a few times during the operation (this made me feel extra comfortable).

U

Untouchableee

Sounds good.
Have you looked into Finasteride as well? In my opinion, it`s the best option there is to maintain your existing native hair.
Thanks, @Bigmac for the advice. I will check it definitely.
Also, need to post a few more pics, now my hair looks uglier than in the last photos.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
So you`re in the ugly duckling stages which will pass soon enough. I`ll look forward to seeing your update.
All the best.

S

Simmy

Hi Simmy,
The hairline was designed by dr. Doganay. He marked the area for extraction + drew hairline and instructed the techs. He was also visiting me a few times during the operation (this made me feel extra comfortable).

I have emailed my information to his clinic asking that he does my surgery.

U

Untouchableee

Hi all!
I have been busy for the last couple of weeks, didnt have time to share new pics.
I did some photos 20 days after the operation when the loss started.
pics from November 10th:

Attachments

• 20 days .jpg
    20 days .jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 20 days donor.jpg
    20 days donor.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 169
  • 20 dayss.jpg
    20 dayss.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 20th day.jpg
    20th day.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 194
U

Untouchableee

I also made a few photos yesterday. My shedding is not as aggressive as I expected. Keep using baby shampoo, hair seems to fall out only during the wash.
7 weeks.jpg

7 weeks...jpg
7 weekss.jpg

7 weeksss.jpg

7 weekths.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks to have healed well. Your donor area looks in great condition.
Some people do shed slower than others and you could possibly have grafts that will continue to grow.
Thanks for the update.

U

Untouchableee

Good morning,

I had my hair trimmed for the first time but did not touch the recipient area yet.

My shock loss continues, I am entering the 4th month. As you see in the pictures, the shock loss is not too aggressive, happy about it. Healing progresses well, my donor is in perfect condition.

4 month....jpg

4 months.jpg

4 months..jpg

4 monthssss.jpg
4 monthss.jpg