• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplant for women

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hair Transplant for Women

From the distant past to the present day, hair has always been very important to female beauty and it has been the most distinct difference from men.

This is one of the reasons that women panic when they see that they are losing their hair. This fear is unfortunately greatly supported by the fact that statistically more and more women loose their hair at even younger ages.

Hair loss in men and women differs in many ways. Male hair loss is mainly of androgen type while in females can be a number of other causes.

Androgenetic alopecia or simply hereditary hair loss is caused from the existence of male hormones that intervene and interrupt the conventional Hair Cycle. The male hormone testosterone is transformed by the existence of the so called 5 Alpha Redactuce enzyme, into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This hormone attacks the hair follicle and over time makes it thinner and shorter and gradually miniaturized.

Androgenetic alopecia can also be present in women, but it is not the most common cause of female hair loss.

The main causes of female hair loss are follows:

€¢ Hormonal imbalances and particularly after childbirth
€¢ During the menopause
€¢ Post-effects of a serious surgical procedure
€¢ Emotional stress
€¢ Sudden weight loss
€¢ Hormonal treatments
€¢ Polycystic ovaries
€¢ Thyroid problems
€¢ Medication side effects
€¢ Emotional shock
€¢ Anemia

In addition, women can suffer of what is known as €œtraction alopecia € hair loss. €œTraction alopecia € hair loss is the result of tight hairstyles like braiding over long periods of time. This constant traction weakens the follicle resulting to its slow destruction and gradually to the lost of the hair. With this type of hair loss, hair is lost from the hairline backwards.

Female hair loss pattern is depicted by the Ludwig Scale. A common characteristic of the presence of androgenetic alopecia in females is that women mainly lose hair on the top part of the scalp and less on the sides, back and hairline.

Ludwig scale can be sen on this link.

http://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/lang-en/Hair-Transplant-for-Women/pageid-257/

In order to treat female hair loss, we need to examine the causes. We have three main treatment routes:

a) Medical Trichology Treatment
b) Hair Transplant
c) Combination of the two

The best way to diagnose the female hair loss type is with a personal consultation. The diagnostic procedure sometimes will include a blood test, in order to determine whether hair loss is of androgenetic type or due to other hormonal imbalances and, or blood deficiencies.

The final diagnosis will determine the benefits of a medical trichology treatment regime and whether a hair transplant is a viable option for resolving the problem.

Hair Transplant is a simple routine operation, where naturally growing hair follicles are transferred from the donor area to the recipient area in order to achieve adequate coverage of the bald area and an aesthetically natural result. (We have explained the Hair Transplant Procedure in great detail in previous sections).

The following steps are taken before a patient decides to proceed with hair transplantation:

€¢ Personal consultation that will determine if the patient is a good candidate for hair transplantation.
€¢ Examination of the donor area to determine the maximum number of follicular units that can be obtained in a hair transplant procedure.
€¢ Examination of the recipient area to determine the final number of grafts needed for restoration
€¢ Skin elasticity
€¢ The cost of the procedure depending on the technique used( Strip- FUE)

When the decision is made for proceeding with a Hair Transplant the following occur:

€¢ Explanation of pre operative instructions
€¢ Medical history report
€¢ Photographic record of recipient area for evaluation of the result.
€¢ Proceed with hair transplantation which last for a few hours

It should be noted that male and female hair transplantation has two basic differences:

Α) In most female hair transplant cases, follicular units are placed between existing hair which requires an extra amount of care from the medical team to avoid shocking the adjacent hair. To achieve that, the medical team must have the experience of working successfully with existing hair.

B) Hair loss in women is more diffused which means that hair is thinning more on the top part of the head and less at the sides and back. In men however, the hair is lost, in many cases, completely on the top of the head with no hair loss at the sides and back. Since the hair to be transplanted is taken from the back and sides, the donor area should have enough density so the harvesting process produces enough follicles to cover successfully the recipient area. This can be determined during the initial personal consultation or even by having clear photos of the donor and the recipient area.

HDC Hair Clinic specializes in female hair transplantation with excellent cosmetic results and understands how personal and emotional this decision is. We would only recommend this type of procedure to good female candidates.

This is a once in a lifetime decision and HDC Hair Transplant Clinic wants to ensure you make the right one. We are here to offer correct and impartial information.

Article by HDC Clinic.

A nice head of hair is something most women take for granted, and it is also something that can make a woman feel especially beautiful. Unfortunately, not every woman is able to maintain her hair €”for various reasons, they do not have enough hair.

B

brad9

Nice information about women hair transplant. Women generally experience hair thinning on their top of head or crown. They do not often show baldness similar to men.

G

usually, if you want to recover from a severe hair loss or a hair transplant, it takes you a rather long time. During this time, women don't know how to face such a emberrasing period, i think they could wear a wig. A wig don't cost you much, and it can get your confidence back.And they can esaily be bought online, just consider uniwigs online. there may be your choice.

D

dia24

Nice information, Agree with your thread woman hair loss classification is different from Men classification. If a woman loss her hairs then she loss her whole beauty because a woman beauty is count by her beautiful hairs.

Really you write nice point because hair is the most important beauty of every woman and Hair transplantation is only permanent solution to the problem of hair loss, Also Cevre Hair Transplant is the most renowned and reputed health care centre.

V

Venetia Rose

Good information on hair transplant for women.Earlier most of the women resort to home remedies and other treatments for hair loss. But in the present day, most women have opted for hair transplant procedure with the advancement of medical health.There are many hair transplant centers in Toronto like Seager Hair Transplant Center who cater to all hair transplant procedures for women.

Thanks for sharing information regarding women hair transplant. Dr. J.P Walia offer hair transplant treatment service for women.

mariaabril

mariaabril

It seems very genuine. Thanks for let us know about these information.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Interesting article BM, it must be so hard for women who suffer from hairloss, as a side note me and my partner are going to a friends house tomorrow night for a birthday get together for my friends little one, and i am supposed to be meeting one of my friends female mates who has Alopecia.

I have been told she is really quiet and shy because of this by my friend, and to be aware she has confidence issues because of it.....mmm little does she know i will probably have more of an idea of how she feels than my actual friend does, and know a little about her condition. I hope it doesn't affect her too badly though as she sounds a lovely young lady.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It appears more women than ever are having hair transplants these days. I see lots with thinning hair now, maybe it's down to all the chemicals they put on their heads.

AngleD

Thanks for sharing its a very important information about hair loss in the female. today's are the main cause of hair loss in the female is hormonal and genetic. Other causes are various vitamin, nutrient, protein and iron deficiency. So poor diet, stress, and hormones abnormalities are the most common cause of hair loss in females.

Rahul123

Rahul123

Quite informative!
Hair loss in women starts with hair thinning from the frontal area, that is hardly noticeable. If the problem is not cured on time then it turns into female pattern baldness.
However, it can be treated with women hair transplant surgery.

E

ericpartlu

Thanks for sharing such an important information about the hair loss problems in women. Mostly the reason behind the hair fall problem in women is genetic and Hormonal effects. It can be cured through hair transplantation and it is the best techniques to grow hair back permanently.

Last edited: