• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair transplants

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hello I've had 3 hair transplants
The bottom scar was by a uk surgeon back in 2003 which im now trying to fix with fue
The top scar was done by dr feller in New York
Can anybody tell me what they think about how the top scar looks
Thanks

Attachments

• FUE EUROPE.png
    FUE EUROPE.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 164
  • FUE EUROPE 1.png
    FUE EUROPE 1.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 193
  • FUE EUROPE 2.png
    FUE EUROPE 2.png
    589 KB · Views: 152
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Phil. How did the FUE in the bottom scar turn out? It would be good to see a picture of how it looks now if possible.
The top scar does not look good, seeing the suture marks and the width of your scar I`d guess that your donor area was tight, therefor creating a tight closure that stretched under the pressure. This is just a guess on my behalf but whatever the reason, it did not turn out well.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hi pal
The scar with the fue looks a lot deluted now but u can still see it
U can still see the step look in that bottom scar
My hair is quite long so difficult to take a pic
Yeah my issue with the top scar given to me by dr feller was why give me a second scar in the first place
Tried to explain this to spex and the dr
Just washed there hands off me cos I was complaining
Moved on from them now

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your first scar is low, very close to the occipital hump which clinics avoid. This is probably why the doctor opted to take the next strip from the mid area of your donor zone.
ou will probably need more grafts in the bottom scar but it`s good to hear that it`s not as bad.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Yeah now u mentioned it I think thats what the dr said
Just thought fue would have been better
Yeah think scars need a couple more passes to get best results
Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
With scars, a cautious approach needs to be taken when transplanting grafts into them. The skin is thinner and the blood supply is not as good as it is to regular tissue. It is better to have X amount of grafts transplanted with a very high survival rate than plant double the grafts and have a lot of grafts wasted, the ones that don`t make, therefor wasting them.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Good advice as always mate
Ok keep u updated mate

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Keep your spirits up, you have a decent amount of donor left and I`m sure these scars can be sorted, it just takes a little time.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hello big mac
I'm trying to send pics on the bald truth so that jo tilmen and Spencer kobren can see
Cant do it
Can u if possible send them to them
Just want to see what they think
Dr feller did the scar in 2008
Thanks

Attachments

• FUE EUROPE.png
    FUE EUROPE.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 147
  • FUE EUROPE 2.png
    FUE EUROPE 2.png
    589 KB · Views: 132
  • FUE EUROPE 1.png
    FUE EUROPE 1.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 134
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`m not sure why you can't add your pictures on there. Joe is a member on here, you can send him a pm if you want to chat with him.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Find a post by him, click on his profile, then click start conversation. That’s the pm system.