• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hairline design

N

Norwood2/3

Hi All,

I believe I am a norwood 2/3 with recession on both sides.

I am considering a surgery and have seen conflicting results with different reputable surgeons.

Some surgeons are very good at designing the hairline not too straight but straight enough to cover the corners well and restore temples.

Other renowned surgeons however are much conservative and only like designing highly recessed (i.e. matching the nature of recession).

How do you decide between both surgeons? Because they are both reputable but have a different ethos. Is one ethos better than the other?

Many thanks!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any pictures you could share?
Hairline design can come down to age, donor availability, how much hair loss you have, your own preference.

tracyashley

tracyashley

Hairline design with scalp micropigmentation (SMP) is a trending topic in the field of hair restoration and cosmetic procedures. SMP is a non-surgical technique that involves the application of specialized pigments to the scalp, replicating the appearance of natural hair follicles.

When it comes to hairline design, SMP offers a versatile solution. Skilled practitioners can create customized and natural-looking hairlines, tailored to the individual's facial features and desired aesthetic. This process involves careful consideration of factors such as hair density, hairline shape, and angle of hair growth to achieve a realistic and harmonious result.

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
One is not necessarily better than the other. Hairlines are not a universal design, they are individually created to suit the patient's facial and existing hair characteristics. Age, future planning and patient expectations play their part.
Adding some images to compliment your question for a better understanding of the situation you face.