• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hairline FUE - 1440 Grafts

J

JamieS1992

I decided to post my journey. The 4 photos I've posted:

- My hairline before the day of surgery/the areas I wanted to address
- The hairline drawn on after my hairline had been shaved in back where density was going be added behind the new hairline
- Immediately post op
- Day 2 of recovery

Short back story. My hair is thick but my hairline had been an area that I'd had insecurities about since I was 17. The right side of my hairline was further receded than the left and that's where it started. By 23 my left side began receding too but it has been pretty much as it is in this photo since I was 23/24 so I decided at 28 in wanted to address it (I realise this doesn't guarantee hair loss won't ever continue, I'm just of the belief for now it's been haulted for a good amount of time as I've been documenting my hairline since I've been bothered by it)

When it came to the hairline design, my main goal was to fill in the sides/temporal regions and the thinner frontal portion of the existing hairline, making the frontal band just naturally full without recession. Dropping it a great deal lower wasn't something I planned in as the height my hairline will be at (pending success) I'm fine with as it's slightly lower and fuller than it was. I'd prefer to see it after the growth and if going lower is something I see as something I'd want, then I believe that is the benefit of me being conservative and only slightly lowering this time around rather than being too aggressive and then regretting it.

The day was something I was terribly anxious about for weeks building up to it. After 5 minutes of extractions, my nerves were gone. I didn't even take the sedative. The operation was smoother than I ever imagined, despite being told it's actually a smooth process. This again reaffirms if I ever wanted additional work to either change my hairline or address further hair loss than I wouldn't hesitate to go through the procedure again.

I'm in no discomfort on my now day 3 of recovery, some swelling from post op is there but it's nothing thats bothering me. I'm just following post op instructions and am looking forward to seeing how it looks when the scabs come off and following the process until results truly show at the 6-12 month mark.

Results of course can't be judged really anytime soon and I won't make any assumptions about results until I see them and can analyse them, but in regards to the process and how I'm feeling about the whole thing, I'm feeling good.

Not entirely sure the purpose of this post I guess I just thought it would be cool to document it

Screenshot_20200819-223817_OneDrive~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-223808_OneDrive~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-223944_OneDrive~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-224237_OneDrive~2.jpg

Last edited:
J

JamieS1992

Yeah they're good thanks. Well, I've shed most of the hair now so it looks terrible but that's all part of the process!

6 weeks post op Monday

Attachments

• 20200917_172527~2.jpg
    20200917_172527~2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 427
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jamie. It`s good you were able to wait a few years before having surgery. Later is always better but I do understand the urge of having it done when younger as this is the time you want to look your best.
The 1440 grafts should produce a nice result for you. It all looks to be healing well at 6 weeks.

J

JamieS1992

Hi Jamie. It`s good you were able to wait a few years before having surgery. Later is always better but I do understand the urge of having it done when younger as this is the time you want to look your best.
The 1440 grafts should produce a nice result for you. It all looks to be healing well at 6 weeks.
Thanks @Bigmac, you've helped me on a few threads I've needed advice or feedback on. This forum is a great comfort for those going through the process! Now I just need to wait for the growth in a few months

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem Jamie. Any other questions just fire away, I`m always happy to help if I can.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Thanks for sharing your journey with us , and I love the way you have give this a lot of thought and planning , wishing you great recovery and growth

J

JamieS1992

Though I'd update. I was at the 6 month mark on the 17th of Feb, I'm very happy with my result so far. I can see that the hairs are finer than my naturally dense hairs but I have confidence that the wiry-ness will go and additional density will continue to until month 12, it seems to improve every week since about the 5 month mark. The new hairs are slightly harder to move/style but I'm of the understanding that's just normal with the hairs not maturing yet, they go how I want to eventually but just require more time than I'm used to when styling. I'm also now glad I chose a more conservative rounder hairline leaving something around the temporal region, I'm happy with how it's turned out shape-wise and if if I wanted to lower the curve of the frontal band I'll have that option rather than doing that initially and regretting it

I've attached a before and after of the hairline and how it looks styled

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-182538_Layout.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-182538_Layout.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 312
  • 20210220_083637~3.jpg
    20210220_083637~3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 368
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for the 6 month update looking very good , your right about the maturing my friend I went through the same experience myself however it just got better and better as time went on, you still got more to come all the very best

Daz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Jamie, you`ve had good growth for 6 months.

J

JamieS1992

8 month mark now. I'm genuinely very happy with the progress. I can see the singles at the front of my hairline haven't fully matured yet as they're finer than the native hair. I'm being very particular looking at that though and still have a few months of density and maturing to go.

Attaching a before and after (so far) and I'm very happy. The before photo is a a fairly unflattering shot after a bad haircut and the after is a flattering photo but I still enjoy looking at the two together haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-235931_Layout.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-235931_Layout.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 299
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Jamie. You`ve had good growth so far.
Thanks for the update.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jamie. You never provided a final update. It would be great to hear from you and see your 12 month result.