• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hattingen Hair Clinic, 4 435: 4 093 FUT and 342 FUE.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like steady even growth on the top down picture. The frontal hairline looks better as it takes shape. Still early at 4 months but the growth is happening.
Thanks for the update.

C

cooty

Valued member
Agree with Bigmac that it looks steady even growth - I compared it to mine at 4 months and its not too dissimilar so as you're happy with mine hopefully the same results await you. I'm just going to post my 1 year photos now so you may be interested in seeing them. Good luck May and keep posting your progress.

M

May

5 months post OP. Finasteride: 0,5 mg a day during the 4th month and 1 mg a day during the 5th month. Slow but steady. Not much of the magic effect for the 5th month )).

Photos made by myself since my wife went to visit her Mom. I think the Top view photo has a little bit darker shades than those from previous months thus the progress might seem a bit exaggerated.

1686387472228.jpg

Front

image.jpg

Right
image (1).jpg

Left

image (2).jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s looking promising so far. Decent growth, hairline taking shape and the Finasteride will hopefully aid in more growth too.

C

cooty

Valued member
Definite improvement over month 4, with more ‘bulk’ in the transplanted area so it seems you’re on course for successful growth….. be interesting to see month 6 when your wife can take photos under the previous conditions so we can evaluate true progress. As Bm says hopefully the fin will
further assist growth too.

M

May

Hi everyone. It's just my 6.5 month post OP situation. I hope there will be more denscity some day.

Top Light
Top Light.jpg

Top Dark
Top Dark.jpg

Front
Front.jpg

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Those masks a hilarious! The growth looks great for 6.5 months. Our patients tend to say they noticed more growth/thickening of hairs at 7-7.5, 9-10 months, and 12-14 month marks. You're well on your way but best wishes anyways. Thanks for sharing, great job on posting pics.

C

cooty

Valued member
Looks like you're well on course May - unfortunately its a really frustrating time waiting for the density and there are days you question if it will happen.... which is where the forum comes in as its such a help getting feedback from people that have been there.
Easier said than done but try and remain patient and keep up with the meds / fin as that should help with your growth as well.
Good luck - and keep posting as you progress

Reactions: May
M

May

Hello. 8 months post OP.
Some times it looks bettere or worse. Not sure how do my phone camera work. Shadows and etc.
For instance photo Top 03 looks better than Top 01 and Top 2

Top 1
Top 1.jpg

Top 2
Top 2.jpg

Top 3
Top 3.jpg

Front 1

Top 1.png

Top 2
Top 2.png

C

cooty

Valued member
As you say Top photo 03 looks better than Top 01 and Top 2 - I found it difficult getting consistency on photos and in order to try and improve that I changed the location of where I took them to do it in same room and in the same position each time, tried to do it at the same time of day with natural daylight and to prevent shadowing I positioned myself 0.5 metres from the wall.

Going by photo 03 and the front facing photos although there doesn't appear to be a significant difference between them and your last photos there is some thickening and more fullness. I recall there was a period where I felt there wasn't much happening with mine and I think that was around this same stage, so you might see a spurt of growth the next time you take your photos which is what I experienced. You'll only really know on 12 months - and even then it could be up to 18 months before you get the final result.... mine definitely feels that the density is still improving. I'll try and take some more snaps as soon as I'm able without having a hair cut so you can see it in its normal state.

Reactions: May