• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Have I got cobblestoning or folliculitis. Please help!

G

Ghost

Hi to all and hope all is well, my name is Tony and I visited Turkey last year with my girlfriend to undergo FUE transplant. All went well healed great but got a lot of cyst type bumps which I know are ingrown hairs so didn't worry much. I am at month 4 (4 days in) and have noticed bald patches and tiny goosebump type growth on the sides of my recipient area. There is no growth there. I wanted to ask your advice of what you think before I email the Doc to get a little feedback as I believe your opinions will be unbiased.Thank you all in advance,Tony.
PIC1: Bumps, cobblestoning, folliculitis , Ridging, pimples, or all good?

Attachments

• PIC1.jpg
    PIC1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 596
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tony, it looks like Folliculitis to me which can be treated with a warm damp compress applied to the area. If this does not clear it up you may need antibiotics from your doctor.
Have you more pictures?

G

Ghost

Thank you for your input. How do I add more pics? on attachments below it only allows me to add 1 pic at a time.
This is me pre HT

Attachments

• IMG_0652 1.JPG
    IMG_0652 1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 494
G

Ghost

I will just keep replying to you with individual pics.
This is a pic at currently 4 months (4days in).

Attachments

• 4th Month (4 days in).jpg
    4th Month (4 days in).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 493
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You can add multiple pictures to the gallery. Here is the link. It does not work on chrome though.
http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=859&forum_id=1

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks as though you are getting good growth. How many cysts/ingrown hairs do you think you have?

G

Ghost

Hi, alot of cyst and ingrown hairs. I do wear a baseball cap alot. Dont mind getting a buzz cut so hair is at even length but these tiny goosebump type growth would make it look weird. The growth is also patchy.Below is 4500 grafts

Attachments

• IMG_20160103_200255.jpg
    IMG_20160103_200255.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 457
G

Ghost

Month 2

Attachments

• 20160207_052809.jpg
    20160207_052809.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 479
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's a very good amount of grafts. How is your donor area looking?
I'd contact the clinic if you are concerned about the Cysts, if they're not clearing up etc.

G

Ghost

Thznks for your help BigMac, I will contact the clinic tomorrow as this problem has been there for a couple of months and isnt clearing. Do you think it could hinder the growth of grafts?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it will hinder the growth in respect to your final result but it may make some grafts sprout later rather than earlier.
Let us know what the clinic advice is.

G

Ghost

The clinic just said wait a couple of more months and everything will be fine. They said the problems im having are a sign that somthing is about to grow. How comes no one else has replied apart from you BigM?

C

Crudance2006

From the pictures I've seen it does look like mild Folliculitis which may need a course of antibiotics if it persists. A warm compress helps the trapped hairs exit the skin in most situations, if not then you could pay a visit to your family physician.
Hang in there.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why others are not offering advice. Anyway I hope you're feeling more reassured now as Folliculitis is what I think you have. You could check into an anti fungal cream also, most chemists can advise on this.
Things are probably starting to happen as your clinic suggests, I had a few Folliculitis grafts after my transplants. I used a warm compress on them before I popped them when they were ready. It's not pretty but it works.

G

Ghost

Thanks guys, I will post some proper pics of transplant and review of clinic and costs tomorrow.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Ghost,
It looks to me like folliculitis too but you should double check with a doctor.
I would think upon hearing that you've been contending with pimples/folliculitis from the beginning (over 4 months) that your clinic would want to treat it rather than tell you to wait it out. My experience with patients and folliculitis is to have them apply a hot compress to the affected area 2-3 times a day until it clears fup. If it doesnt clear up within 10 days then our physicians call in antibiotics. For some patients with persistent pimples, they may end up being on antibiotics for 2-3 courses. If Folliculitis is what you have then it isn't a big concern but it should be treated. The inflammation could end up worse and could delay growth. Plus it doesn't look nice.
Can you go see a GP about getting it treated if you can't get treated by your ht clinic?

G

Ghost

Thanks for your reply. The clinic is in Turkey, im in London so I will arrange to see my GP