• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hormonal hairloss

S

Sunbeam

How often can hormonal issues such as an over or underactive Thyroid Gland cause permanent hair loss? My Estrogen levels were out of balance which attributed to a vast amount of hair loss. Eleven months have past since I corrected my hormone imbalance, but my hair has never fully recovered to its original state and looks wispy thin.

Would I be a suitabble candidate for a small transplant to add density to my hairline? or should I use products such as Minoxidil first?

}:BY:>?

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

If your Thyroid has returned to normal, then yes an fue procedure could possibly be suitable depending on your donor characteristics.

S

Sunbeam

Thankyou Westcoaster, having delved deeper into Minoxidil it would appear that it does not work on the hairline. Now I have to contemplate if surgery is the way I want to proceed.

A

angel

Valued member
Hi Sunbeam,

I lost 1/2 of my hair due to anxiety and hormonal issues (not thyroid). I have been taking a vitamin regimen for over a year and my hair has grown back very quickly. It is incredibly strong, healthy, and thick. Perhaps you may want to consider vitamins over surgery.

I take:

1. 1500 mg/day Alta Silica (horsetail herb)
2. 2500 mg/day MSM
3. 15,000 mcg of Biotin

Silica (I use the Alta brand as it's organic) tremendously strengthens hair and makes it grow quickly; MSM is essential to hair growth, and makes it grow quickly as well, it also increases the hair's diameter; Biotin prevents hair loss and helps hair to grow.

I noticed a difference in my hair within a month of taking these vitamins.

If you have any questions, just let me know. I understand how you feel ;)

Last edited:
S

Sunbeam

Thankyou Angel, where do you source these vitamins? I`ll try them and let you know if they help my situation.

A

angel

Valued member
Hi Sunbeam,

I am so glad you will consider the vitamins! You can find Biotin at any vitamin store, as well as MSM. Both are very common. I use the NOW brand of Biotin, and Country Life MSM, as both are vegetarian, but if you are not vegetarian, you can use any brand. Both are all natural supplements--Biotin is a B vitamin and MSM is a natural sulfur.

I am in the US and the Alta brand of Silica is easy to find. If you are outside the US, you can purchase it online, like at Amazon.com (Alta Health Products - Silica With Bioflavonoids, 500 mg, 120 tablets by Alta Health). If you cannot find this brand, then I'd suggest taking organic Horsetail Herb which is the same thing. I believe this is pretty common as well.

This is a lot of vitamins to start out with at once, so you may want to go slow at the beginning. Since I have been on them for a while, I have increased the dosages. I started out with 1000 mg of Silica, 10000 mcg (micrograms) of Biotin, and about 1000-1500 mg of MSM. After about a month, you may want to increase each by 500 mg (or 5000 mcg for the Biotin) until you reach a level with which you feel comfortable. Then, you can increase each week or 2 weeks. You cannot overdose on any of these, they are water soluable and what you don't need just leaves your body.

Within a month, my hair was so much stronger and grew so quickly. Hair usually only grows about 1/2 inch a month, now mine is growing about 1 inch a month ;) Places where there was no hair before are now filling in. I couldn't be happier. I hope this works for you, too!

I am happy to be a support to you, if you need one. Please let me know if need additional information.

A

angel

Valued member
You are quite welcome :)

One side note here, you will also find that your skin will look amazing (clearer complexion, better elasticity, wrinkles disappearing) and your nails will grow very quickly on this regimen. All of these vitamins are excellent for your whole system.

I can be also reached at [email protected].

S

Sunbeam

Just waiting for my items to arrive in the mail, I`m enthusiastically looking forward to trying this regime.

A

angel

Valued member
I am wishing you all the best! Please update and let me know how you are doing :)

I'd also like to recommend an excellent shampoo and conditioner that I have been using for over a year (I am not affiliated with any company, by the way), Lamas Soy Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner. They give my hair a lot of volume and are all natural and organic, with no chemicals to cause hair loss. A lot of products contain toxins that create hair damage. I order this product online, various places carry it.

S

Sunbeam

Right, all my products have arrived in the mail, I hope they work for me. I`ll keep updating as the months go by, so fingers crossed.

A

angel

Valued member
That's great, you'll be in my thoughts, I hope they work for you :)

Please update and if you have any questions, just let me know.

To increase the rate of growth, just increase the amount of MSM you are taking, 500 mg. at a time.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sunbeam,it will be great if you keep us informed how you progress.I wish you all the best.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Angel,thanks for the support and helpful advice given to Sunbeam.

Can i ask,do you think this regime could work for men too.

A

angel

Valued member
Hi Bigmac,

I do think this regime could work with men as well. I did a lot of research to find out what vitamins helped to grow hair, and a lot of times, the body is deficient in them, and that causes hair to fall out or to stop growing. Biotin, Silica, and MSM are needed by the body to stay healthy, they are already part of the skin, hair, and nails.

You could start taking 1000-1500 mg a day of Alta Silica, 10,000-15,000 mcg of Biotin, and 2000 mg of MSM and see how you do. I have found that MSM makes my hair grow SO fast (like I mentioned in my other post), and I hardly lose any hairs at all each day, perhaps 10 or so (due to the Biotin and Silica). I used to lose handfuls. Also, with MSM I have hairs growing where there previously were none, so I think this, at least, could help you. Right now I am taking about 4,000 mg of MSM a day.

These vitamins can be taken safely at high dosages, you just have to see what feels comfortable for you. I'd say, give it a try and see what happens! Probably best to stick with it for at least 3 months, although I found results faster than that.

Let me know how you do if you decide to try!

Best wishes ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Angel,i dont need it to regrow hair as my hair has been restored via transplants but i`ll give it a go if it has the possibility to help my hair in any way.

It has little cost involved so i can see no harm in trying it.Thanks for your helpful advice.

bm.

A

angel

Valued member
You're welcome, Bigmac. I am glad your hair was restored. If anything, I do believe they reactivate dormant hair follicles, so your hair may become even thicker. For example, the hairline on my right side had receded some, and now hair is growing back there. I hope they help you, too, if you decide to try them ;)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I will definately try them and keep everyone informed.

Thanks bm.

J

jasikazenith

This a major problem in a female,being natural supplements, it is more suited to the human body for use,diet is also a factor to take into consideration and is something that can be easily managed,you take a healthy food for that.